12:27, Wed 27 Mar
With the popularity of NFL I am surprised that a decent European league cannot get off the ground. Maybe they have ideas in this realm.

Lack of local talent and unwillingness of Americans who can't make it in the NFL to come over. Any talent that is in Europe gets hoovered up to go to the Us quickly. I've played with several people who've gone on to make NFL practice squads and a couple even made it all the way.

I played for the (at the time) best team in the UK for three years, strictly amateur and some teams in that league play on literal public parks.

British teams which qualify for European competition get decimated.

Germany probably have the best league, professional (I think), and some of their teams play in sizeable stadiums with good attendances.
12:33, Wed 27 Mar
Yeah, a couple of lads my kids played with ended up doing a year or so at teams in Germany. The NFL academy should make a difference long term.
17:28, Wed 27 Mar
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

This all day long.
17:44, Wed 27 Mar
Do you think the designs would all cost the same?
19:38, Wed 27 Mar
I look forward to Blues having the largest most prestigious stadium outside of London, a huge aesthetically beautiful arena hosting multiple events every month of the year.
Our team will start rising up the league from next season and once multiple income streams open we will have more money to fund better players
21:55, Wed 27 Mar
Thongs
Any hot water in the bogs in that?
L
Of course, used to flush out the vomitoriums

A vomitorium isn't somewhere that you go to boak. They never existed in Roman culture. They were the means of egress/ingress at the amphitheatres.

The word vomitorium, or plural vomitoria, comes from the Latin root vomere. The definition of vomere is ‘to vomit’ or ‘to spew forth’. So sure, it is still related to vomiting, but not in a personal sense. The corridor was named vomitorium because it ‘spat out’ all the spectators that came to the Colosseum or amphitheater efficiently.
00:07, Thu 28 Mar
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

It would be nice to maybe have fans opinions on how the ground will look, no? ,

For example I wouldn’t want a stadium like Leicester, boro, cov etc where it’s a generic bowl design.

Giving fans a say in our future home would be a good thing, I certainly would like some kind of input.
01:57, Thu 28 Mar
I want a roof…and an Evel Knieval style madman jumping over twenty double decker buses
02:04, Thu 28 Mar
I want a roof…and an Evel Knieval style madman jumping over twenty double decker buses

Absolutely .... and a big feckin' chute for the subs to come down in and pop out so it's a surprise who is coming on

Linked Image
02:11, Thu 28 Mar
In fact let's go the whole hog ... imagine Villa fans coming out of Villa Park and being able to see the new Blues ground in the distance .....

Linked Image

[i.ibb.co]
02:46, Thu 28 Mar
I want something in keeping with our heritage

A giant Zulu sheiids and spear one end and the rest of the stadium roof a giant gold chain roof around the two sides with a BCFC pendant hanging over the new Tilton
02:53, Thu 28 Mar
IanT

No it wouldn't.

It would be nice to maybe have fans opinions on how the ground will look, no? ,

For example I wouldn’t want a stadium like Leicester, boro, cov etc where it’s a generic bowl design.

Giving fans a say in our future home would be a good thing, I certainly would like some kind of input.

Read the following reply’s to your original post.🤦‍♂️😳
06:40, Thu 28 Mar
This is how I think it will pan out. There will be a fan consultation so everyone feels engaged in the process. The results of that consultation won't even be looked at apart from maybe to choose the exact shade of seats we have in the bar areas. The rest will be designed by the experts to the brief given to them by Knighthead. The launch will boast 'the stadium had been designed, taking into account all fans feedback and comkents'
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
07:00, Thu 28 Mar
Robert Hopkins
This is how I think it will pan out. There will be a fan consultation so everyone feels engaged in the process. The results of that consultation won't even be looked at apart from maybe to choose the exact shade of seats we have in the bar areas. The rest will be designed by the experts to the brief given to them by Knighthead. The launch will boast 'the stadium had been designed, taking into account all fans feedback and comkents'

When the Tilton and Kop were redeveloped I’m sure most people who were around thought it was stunning and as purely a football venue it is with most if not all seats affording a good view and when filled generates an atmosphere we are rightly proud of. But and it’s a big but as a stadium it’s really not fit for purpose in the 21st century with tight gangways and awful vending stalls. The point I’m trying to make is what on the face of things can look good, scratch the surface and problems arise. Best left to professional architects but with a brief that it is primarily a football stadium with all that entails.
07:59, Thu 28 Mar
Best left to professional architects but with a brief that it is primarily a football stadium with all that entails.

I think we can agree given the huge plans Knighthead have that it is extremely unlikely the brief will mention 'primarily a football stadium' and will be skewed towards being a multi purpose stadium capable of being used all year to maximize revenues.