08:06, Thu 28 Mar
Dave
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

It would be nice to maybe have fans opinions on how the ground will look, no? ,

For example I wouldn’t want a stadium like Leicester, boro, cov etc where it’s a generic bowl design.

Giving fans a say in our future home would be a good thing, I certainly would like some kind of input.

I imagine a fair chunk of those who would respond struggle to put up flatpack. So I don’t think it’s a wise idea.
08:59, Thu 28 Mar
It won't be the same, but if you look at something like the Raiders stadium in Vegas, its very much the site of an NFL team but the whole thing with the bars, entertaining spaces, the easy conversion into a concert venue or any other type of show/exhibition makes it all purpose. That's what I am sure Knighthead will be looking at for this as the centrepiece of a complex.
09:18, Thu 28 Mar
lowercaser
Best left to professional architects but with a brief that it is primarily a football stadium with all that entails.

I think we can agree given the huge plans Knighthead have that it is extremely unlikely the brief will mention 'primarily a football stadium' and will be skewed towards being a multi purpose stadium capable of being used all year to maximize revenues.

Just out of interest does anyone know if generating income from other sources (ie concerts) counts towards our FFP? If BCFC owned the stadium I don't see why it wouldn't?
10:06, Thu 28 Mar
Yeah it counts in that scenario. Spurs' revenues have massively increased with the NFL, concerts and Boxing events etc
Happy Clapper
14:02, Thu 28 Mar
TresorLuntala
Dave
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

For example I wouldn’t want a stadium like Leicester, boro, cov etc where it’s a generic bowl design.

Giving fans a say in our future home would be a good thing, I certainly would like some kind of input.

I imagine a fair chunk of those who would respond struggle to put up flatpack. So I don’t think it’s a wise idea.

I couldn’t build a house, but I still made a choice as to which house I wanted to buy.

Nobody is suggesting that fans construct the stadium.
15:08, Thu 28 Mar
Redditch Blue
TresorLuntala
Dave
IanT

No it wouldn't.

I couldn’t build a house, but I still made a choice as to which house I wanted to buy.

I think building a multimillion pound stadium is a bit different from buying a house.
It would be good if they are open about why they make design choices so people can understand why it looks the way it looks but I think the number of people in our fan base who understand the complexities, and resulting trade offs, of stadium design are pretty low.
15:20, Thu 28 Mar
Snoop
Redditch Blue
TresorLuntala
Dave
IanT

No it wouldn't.

I think building a multimillion pound stadium is a bit different from buying a house.
It would be good if they are open about why they make design choices so people can understand why it looks the way it looks but I think the number of people in our fan base who understand the complexities, and resulting trade offs, of stadium design are pretty low.

Yep, good to demonstrate that youre not simply knocking up a dull Bolton/Wigan-type stadium that no one wants. Maybe they consult on stand names, pictures on the walls etc but leave the actual infrastructure to the experts.