07:04, Thu 28 Mar
Well if you look at the latest picture they appear to have bought a chunk of land on Garrison lane that runs alongside the railway line. 🤔
09:28, Thu 28 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
The esteemed train guru TTPB may be able to confirm, but the talk from Andrea Strada was that Birmingham to Hereford trains would be redirected to service the reinstalled line.

The idea is, if they build the Bordesley south chord (the one which necessitates the demolition of Bordesley station) it will enable some trains from the Cross City line to use Moor Street.

I think the current plans are for the Hereford/Worcester fast trains that currently use New Street to swap to Moor Street, likewise Redditch Cross City trains leaving Bromsgrove trains to serve the current route into New Street. The splitting of Redditch and Bromsgrove services will enable pretty much a doubling of current service levels on the X City south of Brum but would require a remodelling of Longbridge station to fit an island platform.

There is also a proposed Bordesley North chord which will enable the current Cross Country trains on the Cardiff to Nottingham route to run through Moor Street (I think they mooted reinstating the stop at Bromsgrove too but I’m not sure).

This one simple line at Bordesley will transform New Street with plenty of extra capacity. I did hear rumours of GWR extending some of their Worcester-Oxford-London trains through Bromsgrove and into New St which would be cool. It’s been a while since there’s been a Birmingham-Paddington service.

I assume this will not be for a few years? My granddaughter is at Aston Manor Sixth Form College and they provide a mini bus to pick the students up from New Street. She’s at college next year too.
12:05, Thu 28 Mar
For the moment, this couldn't happen because the Bordesley chord does not exist and the Camp Hill Line is not electrified. The current plan is that Hereford services (Diesel Multiple Units) will call at Camp Hill Line stations and take the long way back into New Street via the line under St Andrew's.
12:38, Thu 28 Mar
👍
12:42, Thu 28 Mar
Yeah you’re looking 8-10 years at least.
12:42, Thu 28 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
The esteemed train guru TTPB may be able to confirm, but the talk from Andrea Strada was that Birmingham to Hereford trains would be redirected to service the reinstalled line.

The idea is, if they build the Bordesley south chord (the one which necessitates the demolition of Bordesley station) it will enable some trains from the Cross City line to use Moor Street.

I think the current plans are for the Hereford/Worcester fast trains that currently use New Street to swap to Moor Street, likewise Redditch Cross City trains leaving Bromsgrove trains to serve the current route into New Street. The splitting of Redditch and Bromsgrove services will enable pretty much a doubling of current service levels on the X City south of Brum but would require a remodelling of Longbridge station to fit an island platform.

There is also a proposed Bordesley North chord which will enable the current Cross Country trains on the Cardiff to Nottingham route to run through Moor Street (I think they mooted reinstating the stop at Bromsgrove too but I’m not sure).

This one simple line at Bordesley will transform New Street with plenty of extra capacity. I did hear rumours of GWR extending some of their Worcester-Oxford-London trains through Bromsgrove and into New St which would be cool. It’s been a while since there’s been a Birmingham-Paddington service.

I assume this will not be for a few years? My granddaughter is at Aston Manor Sixth Form College and they provide a mini bus to pick the students up from New Street. She’s at college next year too.

No chance Mo. All the train railway design type people are too busy posting on SHA.
12:45, Thu 28 Mar

" I did hear rumours of GWR extending some of their Worcester-Oxford-London trains through Bromsgrove and into New St which would be cool. It’s been a while since there’s been a Birmingham-Paddington service."

That would be excellent !
13:04, Thu 28 Mar
Fair point
15:12, Thu 28 Mar
Miguelagenn
No chance Mo. All the train railway design type people are too busy posting on SHA.

I have to work hard to squeeze in these posts between my day job, obsessively playing Transport Fever, and heading down to Curzon Street to rub myself raw.
15:17, Thu 28 Mar
Greebo joe
Well if you look at the latest picture they appear to have bought a chunk of land on Garrison lane that runs alongside the railway line. 🤔
where do i look cheers
15:29, Thu 28 Mar
3asygroove
Greebo joe
where do i look cheers

[i.postimg.cc]
17:13, Thu 28 Mar
I would have thought any station would need to be on the south side of Garrison Lane. The junction to get across to New Street is already starting by the time you get to the area of Sydney Street that looks to have been bought up from that pic.