17:01, Fri 29 Mar
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.
17:02, Fri 29 Mar
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too
17:02, Fri 29 Mar
From the start of the season we looked a strong centre forward and a big centre half short. That’s what’s costing.
17:03, Fri 29 Mar
This season can't end soon enough...roll on next season.
17:03, Fri 29 Mar
Thought Bacuna gave a good shift today. Ditto Paik. Ruddy had a decent game. I don't think there's any lack of effort.

We're just not up to it.
17:04, Fri 29 Mar
I said it before and I’ll say it again.

Half the squad is out of contract at the end of this season, add that to the revolving door of coaching staff then they really don’t give a shit. Most of them that know they are going will just be happy to get the season over and done with.

I’m not saying they particularly lack effort on the pitch, but to them it’s just a job. A job they’ll be leaving in a few months.
17:04, Fri 29 Mar
Bluenose27

its the gutless and half hearted defending, they dont care as they will just find another club, ive said it for weeks, we need bodies on the line, this group of players dont have the collective will to fight for the club, too many loan players, too many journey men.
17:05, Fri 29 Mar
Good work. I think slagging them off is going to keep us up.
17:05, Fri 29 Mar
Rags

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.
17:07, Fri 29 Mar
malahideblues
Bluenose27

its the gutless and half hearted defending, they dont care as they will just find another club, ive said it for weeks, we need bodies on the line, this group of players dont have the collective will to fight for the club, too many loan players, too many journey men.
Add to that too many coaches,this season has been nothing short of a train crash, forget new stadiums and all that invest on the blooming pitch first and foremost, thats more important to us fans than a brand new shiny stadium which will only be a gateway for money to go into the money mens pockets
17:08, Fri 29 Mar
Bacuna, Paik and Bielek were the only players that turned up today, without Bacuna we would already be relegated
17:09, Fri 29 Mar
our away form is 2nd only to Rotherham, yes it was a worldie at the end but their equaliser is completely avoidable, genuinely cannot see us winning another game unless we get some luck
17:09, Fri 29 Mar
Rags

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.

I can guarantee you that if Eustace had stayed we would be safe by now. I think Mowbray will an advancement on Eustace (so not wanting him back)

.... but so many people refuse to give Eustace credit for what was getting us through - organisation, team spirit and a plan (not an exciting plan - but an effective plan)
17:11, Fri 29 Mar
malahideblues
Bluenose27

Add to that too many coaches,this season has been nothing short of a train crash, forget new stadiums and all that invest on the blooming pitch first and foremost, thats more important to us fans than a brand new shiny stadium which will only be a gateway for money to go into the money mens pockets

Sorry Gerry - but that completely misses the entire point of what is going to happen at the club. Less money spent on the team won't result in more money being spent on the stadium ,,,, and vice versa.
17:11, Fri 29 Mar
This.

Eustace, for all his faults, thumped the badge and had the players doing it too. Look at Sandersons celebration against West Brom early season.

He cultivated a great dressing room atmosphere.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.