17:27, Fri 29 Mar
Success?
17:27, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
Rags
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.

I can guarantee you that if Eustace had stayed we would be safe by now. I think Mowbray will an advancement on Eustace (so not wanting him back)

.... but so many people refuse to give Eustace credit for what was getting us through - organisation, team spirit and a plan (not an exciting plan - but an effective plan)

Go on rags I’ll challenge you ….
Where’s your categoric and 100% evidence that Eustace would have saved the day ……
I’ll wait for a very very long time …. You just can’t !!
Stop talking bollocks mate
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
17:29, Fri 29 Mar
generalBlue
Rags
Rags
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.

I can guarantee you that if Eustace had stayed we would be safe by now. I think Mowbray will an advancement on Eustace (so not wanting him back)

.... but so many people refuse to give Eustace credit for what was getting us through - organisation, team spirit and a plan (not an exciting plan - but an effective plan)

Where’s your categoric and 100% evidence that Eusta e would have saved the day ……
I’ll wait for a vety long time …. You just can’t .
Pretty much with you mate, yes we were top 6 but werent we only something like 3 or 4 points away from bottom 3
17:30, Fri 29 Mar
Bluenose27

Surely the question has to be asked why were they signed in the first place?

Most of the players we signed were injury prone

Some were involved in a relegation battle the season prior on loan and we decided to resign them, rather than taking a gamble on some other players.

Tyler Roberts- the Leeds fans said he was Lazy, and he missed a good few chances- is on a 4 year contract.

Dembele can look good when he applies himself which is few and far between he just dribbles into traffic and loses the ball.

Aiwu- never a defender at this level

Sanderson - poor at this level and we decided to make him captain

Laird- Injury prone
Buchanan- had a few bad games recently

Oliver Burke- waste of a loan slot and wages

Bielik- not as good as last season

Stansfield- started well but not done much this calendar year.

It seems we have signed a bunch of players with bad attitudes, Eustace got sacked, perhaps he shouldn't have but footballers are supposed to be professionals not down tools and play shit deliberately for 3 months then again for a month after Mowbray got ill while Venus was guiding the team.

They're all shit but there's people online who'll make a million and one excuses for them
Fat Buddha CBE
GBBlue
Rags

So no credit to JE? It was the warm weather and other teams not settling in that got us 18 points?
Since he left the other 5 managers have only got 3 more points than JE and they have had lots more games

JE was not the messiah and wouldnt have got us promototed but we would be on more than 39 now if he had stayed

Prove it.

Err? Likewise

A) 11 games 18 points
Verses
B) 28 games 21 points( Yes, 3 more)

and there are still some that what happened in mid Oct was for the best. Jeez wept!!!
Tam
17:37, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
longship65
Quit the worst set of players to play for blue in a long time. All parts of the team are really poor. We are gone to the first Div they can all I
Leave with my blessings GOOD. Riddance

They're not poor players individually, generally speaking IMO. It's getting those players to play together that's proving to be difficult, since Eustace left. I don't think that the sum is as good as the parts, partly because we have a couple of key elements missing, and one is a bloody striker!

... and that was Eustace's success .... under him the team was greater than the sum of its parts

Yep, exactly - and the same for Rowett in his first stint, I think.
Make Blues Great Again
17:39, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
Rags

Where’s your categoric and 100% evidence that Eustace would have saved the day ……
I’ll wait for a very very long time …. You just can’t !!

It wouldn't have even got to "saving the day" .... i doubt we'd have been top 6 - but we wouldn't have been bottom 10.

Defensive record was 2 best in the division ... and at Blackburn he has only lost one in nine i think (though no wins)

You hated him last season, you hated him this season, you continue to belittle him after he made a good judgement call and told Cook that the side was currently not ready to play progressive possession football.

You're a Eustace hater for no reason - and you'll always be a Eustace hater.
17:40, Fri 29 Mar
Losing Kevin Long has done us an incredible amount of damage, from the moment Rooney didn’t want him.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:41, Fri 29 Mar
Losing Kevin Long has done us an incredible amount of damage.

I'd agree .. best defensive header of the ball we've had this season. Took up good defensive positions too. Never going to be a success in terms of progressive possession football - but this wasn't the right season, with these players, for that.
Tam
17:42, Fri 29 Mar
gerry1875
generalBlue
Rags
Rags

Where’s your categoric and 100% evidence that Eusta e would have saved the day ……
Pretty much with you mate, yes we were top 6 but werent we only something like 3 or 4 points away from bottom 3

I don't know, but 18 points in 11 games is the stat that matters most. Even a point a game after that would have put us on 46. Now, I'm not claiming that he was the messiah in any way, shape or form, and I'd prefer Tony Mowbray, no question, but I do believe that the side would have gained considerably more points than it has to date. Getting the whole to be greater than the sum of the parts is good management. It can be done - we started to see that under TM. Bad decisions and bad luck have been the contributory factors.
Make Blues Great Again
17:46, Fri 29 Mar
gerry1875
generalBlue
Rags
Rags

We was 10 points away from the bottom 3 when Eustace was sacked, there is absolutely zero chance we’d be in this position if we’d kept Eustace
17:49, Fri 29 Mar
Docky91
gerry1875
generalBlue
Rags
Rags

We was 10 points away from the bottom 3 when Eustace was sacked, there is absolutely zero chance we’d be in this position if we’d kept Eustace

Remind me where we were in the table in December 2022 and where we were in May 2023.

I don’t have a crystal ball but I’m 100% sure we wouldn’t have been romping the league either.
Tam
17:50, Fri 29 Mar
El Mayor
Docky91
gerry1875
generalBlue
Rags
Rags

Remind me where we were in the table in December 2022 and where we were in May 2023.

I don’t have a crystal ball but I’m 100% sure we wouldn’t have been romping the league either.

No, I have every confidence that we wouldn't have been romping the league, but I think we'd have got quite a few more points on the board, just as I do if Tony hadn't been ill.
Make Blues Great Again
17:55, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
Rags

I'm with you on that. I was no fan of Eustace but that is all true. Eustace said the players weren't capable of playing possession based football but so many nieve types within the club and on social media thought different. Generally the same people now slagging the players off.
17:56, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
Does anybody actually dispute this or are we having the same conversation for the 4737473rd time?