06:59, Sat 30 Mar
Does anyone know if the players who will be here next season have relegation clauses in their contracts?
07:04, Sat 30 Mar
Don't be silly, relegation will turn our ffp hole into a chasm. Top whack for Tyler Roberts et al, in division 3 is a scary thought.
08:09, Sat 30 Mar
BlueSteve
Does anyone know if the players who will be here next season have relegation clauses in their contracts?
The only clauses they deserve is a big effing boot up their backsides on the way out, wouldn't pay any of them in chocolate buttons, good riddance and can only hope the next squad are not as weak and pathetic as these lot
08:11, Sat 30 Mar
Don't be silly, relegation will turn our ffp hole into a chasm. Top whack for Tyler Roberts et al, in division 3 is a scary thought.

It won’t really because League One P&S rules are much more lax than in the Championship. Owners are essentially allowed to inject cash as revenue in L1.
08:38, Sat 30 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

It won’t really because League One P&S rules are much more lax than in the Championship. Owners are essentially allowed to inject cash as revenue in L1.
Maybe League One will not be as bad as many are making out - not that I want relegation.
08:45, Sat 30 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

Maybe League One will not be as bad as many are making out - not that I want relegation.

Relegation will be an absolute disaster, whether we can buy our way out of it or not.

We do not want to go into a League One season with less than half a squad, meaning we’d have to fill the spaces with League One players on 3 year deals and hope they can cut it in the Championship should we get promoted.
08:47, Sat 30 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Tom TheProject Brady

Relegation will be an absolute disaster, whether we can buy our way out of it or not.

We do not want to go into a League One season with less than half a squad, meaning we’d have to fill the spaces with League One players on 3 year deals and hope they can cut it in the Championship should we get promoted.
We will just fill the squad with loanees and players wanting a final pay day
08:49, Sat 30 Mar
No club in the third tier has ever owned as much land as us.

I don't imagine we'll struggle to build a component squad, hopefully something akin to Sheffield United 16/17.
08:50, Sat 30 Mar
gerry1875
Tom TheProject Brady
Tom TheProject Brady

We will just fill the squad with loanees and players wanting a final pay day
That is a decent strategy if the worse happens. Loans and short term contracts
08:50, Sat 30 Mar
It’s a massive gamble as to whether a squad of 35 year olds and half arsed Premier League kids would get you out of that division.
08:51, Sat 30 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

Exactly right. Look at Derby, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool, Charlton etc. they all went down and thought they were strong enough to come back up and they’ve found it hard. (saying that Portsmouth and Derby at Lee 1st and 2nd this season)
08:51, Sat 30 Mar
Trialist
No club in the third tier has ever owned as much land as us.

I don't imagine we'll struggle to build a component squad, hopefully something akin to Sheffield United 16/17.
Land alone won't win us games though.
09:04, Sat 30 Mar
Which is pretty much what we do now in the championship.
09:06, Sat 30 Mar
From what I’ve seen well run clubs usually bounce back pretty quickly. A lot of those examples are absolute mad houses.

Rotherham seem to get promoted and relegated every other season. Peterborough did for a bit as well. Barnsley another.

If you are well run and have money behind you (which we will) then I don’t see it as being that difficult.

Would caveat all of the above with it would still be an absolute disaster and I would much prefer us to stay up
09:09, Sat 30 Mar
All that is correct, but I feel we’ll need to buy an entire new squad, as the dead wood needs replacing and most of our better players will leave as we drop into league 1. So we’ll be heavily reliant on Gardner and his gurus, and hope that he actually earns his keep by identifying players that aren’t injury prone, weak mentally and physically or journeymen