08:54, Tue 2 Apr
I ‘la’ but am in the minority. If you clap over ‘la’, why do you do so?
Tam
09:00, Tue 2 Apr
Neither for me. I might have got this wrong, but when I first started singing it in the early seventies, I don’t think that we did either. I think that it’s better without, but just my opinion.
Make Blues Great Again
09:16, Tue 2 Apr
Tam
Tam
Neither for me. I might have got this wrong, but when I first started singing it in the early seventies, I don’t think that we did either. I think that it’s better without, but just my opinion.
I dont think we did either. Might be an age thing but I much prefer the inner feeling I get by singing it slower.
09:30, Tue 2 Apr
It's sung too fast to get the la, la, la's in these days. I tried it on Friday.
I always La, I created a campaign to bring them back, but as has been said it’s sung a bit too quick now. I’ll stick trying to get them in though.
09:50, Tue 2 Apr
Both
I think all fans should be made to take an exam and obtain a certificate, to show that they know the words to Keep Right On, and how to sing it (right tempo etc).

Yesterday I heard a few younger lads at the back of the block of was sitting in sing "til I come to my happy abode". FFS!
10:01, Tue 2 Apr
I've heard 'we're off to parties and'. Fairly sure a small number of blues fans don't know what partisan means.
La lad. Don't think we did that either in the 70's but the gap was too big so the la's helped. It is sung too quick now so it's more of a LaLaLa.
Up the feckin Blues
TresorLuntala
I ‘la’ but am in the minority. If you clap over ‘la’, why do you do so?

I'm La La La

Back in 70s, 80s 90 it was just La La la

Not sure when the claps took over, oo's or 10s some time?

La la la is far better, i wish we could get them back
Agree that its a bit too quick now, not sure how you go about slowing it down unless you get Beau Brummie to conduct it.
#BringBackTheLaLas
14:35, Tue 2 Apr
I clap - because everyone else does. But I so long for the days of the slow version with or without la’s
15:05, Tue 2 Apr
I know I've put it on here before but there used to be a big mean looking guy and his Missus who used to be close to us on the Tilton who always used to sing "We're off,the party's on ", a few years ago. Size of him no-one had the nerve to point out the error of his ways.
Ain't seen him in there for about 5 years.
15:35, Tue 2 Apr
tebily
I've heard 'we're off to parties and'. Fairly sure a small number of blues fans don't know what partisan means.
It’s more than a small number. Berks
Tony Fantastico