22:44, Sat 20 Apr
did our player really impede the goalie? really
it happened lightening quick - i don’t think Buchanan had any impact to that - seems harsh to me
22:45, Sat 20 Apr
Buchanan right in front of the goalie so probably right decision tbf. But don’t think he has any chance of stopping it.
22:48, Sat 20 Apr
It was so stupid. Why the eff was he running IN FRONT of the goalkeeper? There was no need for it at all.
22:50, Sat 20 Apr
Not sure what the interpretation is nowadays. It was similar to the Wolves disallowed goal the other week in that the bloke was in front of the keeper who was never going to stop it.

VAR disallowed the goal, it always would be in my day. But the pundits said it was a shocking decision, one of the worst. I’m somewhat confused.
It was so stupid. Why the eff was he running IN FRONT of the goalkeeper? There was no need for it at all.

tbf i think he was just running to get out the way from the first phase of play

he’s had no impact to the goalie there for me

it was a bullet shot that went straight through

poor performance or not, we’ve been had there
I thought it was daft. Why was he doing that?
22:57, Sat 20 Apr
Think Stroud as the referee probably explains some of it. You know the useless idiot who missed a blatant handball the other week.
22:59, Sat 20 Apr
It was offside.
22:59, Sat 20 Apr
derbyblue
did our player really impede the goalie? really
it happened lightening quick - i don’t think Buchanan had any impact to that - seems harsh to me

In short yes. Reverse the rolls we would be screaming for it.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
23:01, Sat 20 Apr
I haven’t seen it so can’t comment, but I’ll accept it if you’re saying it was. I was just making the point that Stroud was the referee, and he’s a complete simpleton.
23:05, Sat 20 Apr
Whatever you think of Stroud it doesn’t make the ‘goal’ onside.
23:06, Sat 20 Apr
True, but it’d be like him to make an absolute pigs ear of a decision. Either way I’m agreeing with you, if you’re saying it was offside then it’s probably offside, again I haven’t seen it.
23:08, Sat 20 Apr
I don't think the lino could see if the goalie was impeded, but he knew Buchanan was ahead of the second last player. I guess the ref reacted to the protests from the Rotherham players, consulted with the lino whether Buchanan was offside and concluded they were right and told the lino to flag offside.

For me standing right behind the goal it seemed the goalie had enough line of sight to see the shot but protested anyway and got the decision.
23:13, Sat 20 Apr
It wasn’t ‘if’ Buchanan was offside. He was. I have no idea why it’s claimed otherwise other than maybe people like to feel hard done by or something. Why you’d want to feel like that when you aren’t is beyond my psychological perception.
23:40, Sat 20 Apr
He didn’t do anything wrong in that instance, the linesman gave it ffs.

Some of our fans need to get the chip off their shoulder

It was the correct decision, not a pigs ear at all.