19:44, Sun 21 Apr
Does it really matter who is to blame, we are where we are, if we go down then it happens and we make the best of it. If players aren’t happy with it then they can go as long as our valuation is matched. I won’t miss any of them. We still have chance although looking unlikely that we can get out of this mess if we show some mettle and desire in the last 2 games
19:44, Sun 21 Apr
They’re outliers because the majority of teams that go down have ownership/money problems.

It’s no coincidence that as soon as Sunderland, Derby, Bolton, Portsmouth etc have sorted themselves out off the field they’ve gone up, or at least heavily challenging for it.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:46, Sun 21 Apr
BcFc
Cook appointing Rooney

Rooneys dreadful spell of games including 0-0 at home to Rotherham

Letting Long go with no replacement

Venus’ shocking results

Rowett playing for a draw yesterday

Not signing another striker in the summer / January

Pathetic away performance at Sheff Wed

Having a massively unbalanced squad ( way too many attacking mids )

The players seemingly to lack any bottle unless we sell out and the crowd get them going

Not turning up for Cardiff Boro Watford at home

Last minute defeats to QPR & Millwall

Take your pick

The players seemingly to lack any bottle unless we sell out and the crowd get them going
19:49, Sun 21 Apr
Bluubalders
Super Hans
I don’t agree tbh.

The majority of Ipswich’s current squad was built in League One, as was Sunderland’s that got top 6 last season.

We will have by far the highest revenue in League One, no reason why we shouldn’t go straight back up with a team that can compete in the Championship.
Really?
So you are expecting the same recruitment team who everyone is blaming for putting together a team that can’t stay in the Championship to suddenly find (a lot of) players who are both good enough to p1ss League 1 AND be able to perform in the Championship.
Tall order I’d say

It’s difficult because had tone been well
Pritchard could be on 10
Goal contributions, Dozzell would be christened the Suffolk pirlo and we’d still be singing sandersons name on repeat .
19:54, Sun 21 Apr
Bluubalders
Super Hans
I don’t agree tbh.

The majority of Ipswich’s current squad was built in League One, as was Sunderland’s that got top 6 last season.

We will have by far the highest revenue in League One, no reason why we shouldn’t go straight back up with a team that can compete in the Championship.
Really?
So you are expecting the same recruitment team who everyone is blaming for putting together a team that can’t stay in the Championship to suddenly find (a lot of) players who are both good enough to p1ss League 1 AND be able to perform in the Championship.
Tall order I’d say

Well yeah, given the lack of resources available to them prior to this season I’d say so.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:57, Sun 21 Apr
It’s the one positive going in to next season for me. A healthy TM with plenty of cash to spend will deliver absolutely fantastic winning football whichever league we’re in.

I hope you're right about both of those things being possible
19:57, Sun 21 Apr
That’s what worries me. With our budget, it would be really disappointing to not come straight back up, but given our recruitment team is pretty useless, we could end up with a load of similar useless players next season.
20:02, Sun 21 Apr
Sorry I’ve got lost now with our recruitment team. Who is involved now and who was here for last summers recruitment?

Gardner
Carnall
Rigg
McParland
Tam
20:18, Sun 21 Apr
Bluenose27
That’s what worries me. With our budget, it would be really disappointing to not come straight back up, but given our recruitment team is pretty useless, we could end up with a load of similar useless players next season.

In fairness, the squad that was recruited and started the season was acquired for Eustace, and after nearly a quarter of the season (11 games) you'd have to say that it was going reasonably well, with 18 points from 11 games, and with the second best defensive record in the division up to that point. OK, it might have gone horribly wrong after that, and I'm sure that we wouldn't have maintained that position, but it was OK. I don't think that there was much criticism of the recruitment at that point.

For me, what was missing was a dynamic athletic midfield player with some physical presence and a striker. But, based on where we'd been, a season of evolution and improvement on the pitch was just what we needed, while the 'world class' (no sarcasm intended) events were taking place off it.

So, then we have a change of manager and an instruction to play the sort of football that the squad and previous manager weren't there for. It's difficult to apportion too much blame, surely, on the recruitment side for that. Then another change to Tony, and I think that he could have and would have struck the right balance between pragmatism and attractive football. Three January signings were in line with his wishes. Then his illness. Then Venus. So we've recruited three players for a manager that's no longer with us, at least temporarily.

Then Rowett - another style of play, meaning that two of Tony's signings aren't getting a look in and we know the story so far.

I'm not suggesting that the recruitment is perfect, and for whatever reason, a striker over the years has been a recurring and glaring omission, but this season, I think that we have to temper the recruitment criticism with an appreciation of the circumstances beyond their control.
Make Blues Great Again
20:22, Sun 21 Apr
BcFc
Sorry I’ve got lost now with our recruitment team. Who is involved now and who was here for last summers recruitment?

Gardner
Carnall
Rigg
McParland

Gardner as technical director is the main man. Watch his interview on you tube when he took the role, explaining how they’ll do due diligence on all transfers in and ensure their qualities and characters are correct and how he’ll set the identity of the team. LMFAO
20:23, Sun 21 Apr
Tam
Bluenose27

In fairness, the squad that was recruited and started the season was acquired for Eustace, and after nearly a quarter of the season (11 games) you'd have to say that it was going reasonably well, with 18 points from 11 games, and with the second best defensive record in the division up to that point. OK, it might have gone horribly wrong after that, and I'm sure that we wouldn't have maintained that position, but it was OK. I don't think that there was much criticism of the recruitment at that point.

For me, what was missing was a dynamic athletic midfield player with some physical presence and a striker. But, based on where we'd been, a season of evolution and improvement on the pitch was just what we needed, while the 'world class' (no sarcasm intended) events were taking place off it.

So, then we have a change of manager and an instruction to play the sort of football that the squad and previous manager weren't there for. It's difficult to apportion too much blame, surely, on the recruitment side for that. Then another change to Tony, and I think that he could have and would have struck the right balance between pragmatism and attractive football. Three January signings were in line with his wishes. Then his illness. Then Venus. So we've recruited three players for a manager that's no longer with us, at least temporarily.

Then Rowett - another style of play, meaning that two of Tony's signings aren't getting a look in and we know the story so far.

I'm not suggesting that the recruitment is perfect, and for whatever reason, a striker over the years has been a recurring and glaring omission, but this season, I think that we have to temper the recruitment criticism with an appreciation of the circumstances beyond their control.

"meaning that two of Tony's signings aren't getting a look in"

You looking forward to Paik being dropped for Gardner in the next game ?
Tam
20:24, Sun 21 Apr
Rags
Bluenose27

"meaning that two of Tony's signings aren't getting a look in"

You looking forward to Paik being dropped for Gardner in the next game ?

That may not be beyond the realms of possibility!
Make Blues Great Again
20:29, Sun 21 Apr
Tam
I agree, and I think he will setup negatively again to try and eek out a draw.
20:32, Sun 21 Apr
To a team that got battered at home yesterday against an average Swansea team. Yeah we definitely will won’t we, cause that’s the Rowett way.
Tam
20:34, Sun 21 Apr
pridding
I agree, and I think he will setup negatively again to try and eek out a draw.

I'd be disappointed with that as it would, at best, mean that we'd have to beat Norwich to ensure survival.
Make Blues Great Again