Stansfield
Clarke
Furlong
Adams
Claridge
Adebola
Juke
Jerome

I would say they all did a job for us so a couple of those margins are very fine.
14:10, Mon 22 Apr
johnnyspex
Opinions innit

Overrated & had tiny ears.

Also how could anyone think clarridge should be higher than 5 ? Knew where the goal was but he was completely one footed
You must hate Messi
Tony Fantastico
14:10, Mon 22 Apr
Rags
1.. Wayne Clarke was a bit of a star at Wolves (when they were playing European football too) - scored about 20 in his first season with us and then won the old Premier League with Everton
2.. Paul Furlong - Chelsea paid a fortune for him .. their record signing ? .. and he only moved on (to us) after they signed Vialli
3.. Che Adams - we sold him for £15 million (a record apart from Jude ?) and he kept his place in The Southampton team throughout their Premier League stay - may have played the most top flight games after Wayne CLarke and Jerome in this list)
4.. Marlon King - never really cracked it in the top flight, but 1 in 3 throughout his career shows good consistency and always looked too good for the Championship, but failed in the Premiership
5.. Cameron Jerome - has probably played more Premier League games than any of the others - us (both stints we had there), Norwich, Palace, Stoke and think he scored 10 in the Premier for us
6.. Peter Ndlovu - too inconsistent for me, but almost unplayable on his day ... has got about 15 kids so that deserves a bonus point ,, but in terms of "ability" (your reuest ... ranked higher than if it was purely "effectiveness"
7.. Jay Stansfield - in terms of ability ? hmmm - we haven't even been playing him in his preferred position - too early to judge probably
8.. Steve Claridge - first player to score 20 in a season for us since Francis and did very well with Leicester - over a thousand games with over 25 clubs or summat
9.. Dele Adebola - didn't we keep transfer listing him to motivate him ? ... extremely loveable and scored important goals in big games - but not in other games
10.. Lukas Jutkiewicz - played in Premier for both Everton and Burnley - but never acored a Premier League goal

81. Claridge too low. Otherwise very good.
14:11, Mon 22 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
Chris says FEA
Who tf is Wayne Clarke
I’m actually disappointed in you and so many others

Be fair – I didn't realise the majority of posters on this site would be 50+ and therefore be old enough to remember seeing him play.
Rab C Nesbitt
1 Clarke
2 Ndlovu
3 Furlong
4 Jerome
5 King
6 Claridge
7 Che
8 Stansfield
9 Adebola
10 Juke

73. Ndlovu maybe too high. Good though overall.
14:13, Mon 22 Apr
Chris says FEA
Who tf is Wayne Clarke

All 5 brother were pro footballers too - which is remarkable

Obviously Allan (sniffer) was the most famous
Frank - only one not to play for Walsall at some point)
Derek
Kelvin
Wayne
I understand why people think so but Clarke won the old First Division and Ndlovu lit it up at times. A lot of the others are second tierers. Plus Ndlovu was the best out of them at beating a man or 3
Tony Fantastico
14:15, Mon 22 Apr
Rags
Chris says FEA
Who tf is Wayne Clarke

All 5 brother were pro footballers too - which is remarkable

Obviously Allan (sniffer) was the most famous
Frank - only one not to play for Walsall at some point)
Derek
Kelvin
Wayne
Some top spunk from Daddy Clarke. Mark Bellingham level stuff nearly
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
I understand why people think so but Clarke won the old First Division and Ndlovu lit it up at times. A lot of the others are second tierers. Plus Ndlovu was the best out of them at beating a man or 3

Yeah I loved Nuddy but he was extremely inconsistent. There's not a lot between many of the players on the list though, which is why I thought it was interesting.
14:16, Mon 22 Apr
RomfordBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
Chris says FEA
Who tf is Wayne Clarke

Be fair – I didn't realise the majority of posters on this site would be 50+ and therefore be old enough to remember seeing him play.
Me and Raj aren’t 50 tbf
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
johnnyspex
Opinions innit

Also how could anyone think clarridge should be higher than 5 ? Knew where the goal was but he was completely one footed
You must hate Messi

Pffft a poor mans Carlos Costly
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt

Yeah I loved Nuddy but he was extremely inconsistent. There's not a lot between many of the players on the list though, which is why I thought it was interesting.
It’s a top thread tbf
Tony Fantastico
johnnyspex
Rab C Nesbitt
johnnyspex
Opinions innit

You must hate Messi

Pffft a poor mans Carlos Costly
😉👍
Tony Fantastico
1. Marlon King
2. Peter Ndlovu
3. Paul Furlong
4. Che Adams
5. Jay Stansfield
6. Dele Adebola
7. Steve Claridge
8. Lukas Jutkiewicz