16:24, Mon 22 Apr
Adebola is top for me purely on this

[www.youtube.com]">

Seem to remember a home game against Man City too where we went 1 nil down in something like the 88th minute and won 2-1 (O Connor scored IIRC).
16:27, Mon 22 Apr
Paul Furlong
Marlon King
Peter Ndlovu
Dele Adebola
Steve Claridge
Che Adams
Jay Stanfield
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Wayne Clarke
Cameron Jerome
16:27, Mon 22 Apr
Clarke won a Championship with Everton
Furlong
Claridge
Ndlovu
Adams
Jerome
Adebola
Stansfield
Juke

King

All the players who had decent top flight careers should be above the others.
Stansfield is still very young. I think he will have a good career.

Adebola should have had a better career. He was big, fast and skillful. If he'd had the determination to go with it he'd have been a top fligt regular. With Burchill he was fantastic, a different player. Destroyed Spurs at WHL in tne League cup.

I didn't like Marlon King at all. A good player, but a nasty piece of work. I was disappointed we signed him. I wish our fans would drop that song. For me he is bottom of the list. On pure abilty he'd be 4 or 5.
16:34, Mon 22 Apr
All the players who had decent top flight careers should be above the others.
Stansfield is still very young. I think he will have a good career.

Adebola should have had a better career. He was big, fast and skillful. If he'd had the determination to go with it he'd have been a top fligt regular. With Burchill he was fantastic, a different player. Destroyed Spurs at WHL in tne League cup.

I didn't like Marlon King at all. A good player, but a nasty piece of work. I was disappointed we signed him. I wish our fans would drop that song. For me he is bottom of the list. On pure abilty he'd be 4 or 5. [/quote]

"Destroyed Spurs at WHL in tne League cup.
"

What a brilliant performance that was by Blues ... probably one our best that i can remember

31 Oct 2000 Tottenham Hotspur v Birmingham City 1-3 League Cup ............ would love to see some coverage of it
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Put these blues players from 1-10 in order of ability, 1 = highest. Don’t tell me they’re different types of player. I already know that.

It’s actually surprisingly hard.

Dele Adebola
Paul Furlong
Marlon King
Che Adams
Peter Ndlovu
Steve Claridge
Jay Stansfield
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Wayne Clarke
Cameron Jerome

I’ll give you marks on your football knowledge out of 100 based on the response.

Jerome. Scored 10 plus goals in a PL season when it was still hard to score, i.e. the days before teams played out from the back.
Claridge. I want his heart condition to be a mitigating factor in my rating. Would otherwise be about 8th.
Adams. Still has the ability to play higher.
Jutkiewicz. The only one of these who has been (and may still be) genuinely the best in the league at what he does. It's unfortunate that what he does isn't fashionable.
Adebola.
Stansfield. Could look silly putting him sixth if he continues to improve.
Furlong.
Ndlovu.
Clarke. Never saw him play for Blues but I did start going in the eighties, and everyone was crap. I have to assume he wasn't miles better than everyone else, apologies if he was.
King.
17:41, Mon 22 Apr
Wayne lived in the shadow of Allan, who wouldn't if your brother had played for England and had old Premier league and fa cup medals. Wayne was more of an all round player than sniffer but never really got the breaks at his home town club when they had gray and Richards.
Brilliant for us and a bit of a legend at Everton as well.

Oh and I think Shrewsbury may have erected a statue for that certain game.

As I have mentioned before he ended up as post man and a cola salesman.
This thread has surprised me for the lack of respect for Cameron Jerome and Steve Claridge. One scored double digits in the premier league for Blues, the other scored double digits in the premier league after leaving Blues.
I felt guilty having Claridge so low. But he wasn’t as talented as some. Made the most of what he had though. Also won a league cup
Tony Fantastico
19:47, Mon 22 Apr
Wayne lived in the shadow of Allan, who wouldn't if your brother had played for England and had old Premier league and fa cup medals. Wayne was more of an all round player than sniffer but never really got the breaks at his home town club when they had gray and Richards.
Brilliant for us and a bit of a legend at Everton as well.

Oh and I think Shrewsbury may have erected a statue for that certain game.

As I have mentioned before he ended up as post man and a cola salesman.

I had a quick Google to see if their father was a footballer, or previous relatives, but couldn't find anything
19:51, Mon 22 Apr
This thread has surprised me for the lack of respect for Cameron Jerome and Steve Claridge. One scored double digits in the premier league for Blues, the other scored double digits in the premier league after leaving Blues.

yeah on reflection and obviously after the event ...

1.. Wayne Clarke was a bit of a star at Wolves (when they were playing European football too) - scored about 20 in his first season with us and then won the old Premier League with Everton
2.. Paul Furlong - Chelsea paid a fortune for him .. their record signing ? .. and he only moved on (to us) after they signed Vialli
3.. Che Adams - we sold him for £15 million (a record apart from Jude ?) and he kept his place in The Southampton team throughout their Premier League stay - may have played the most top flight games after Wayne CLarke and Jerome in this list)
4.. Marlon King - never really cracked it in the top flight, but 1 in 3 throughout his career shows good consistency and always looked too good for the Championship, but failed in the Premiership
5.. Cameron Jerome - has probably played more Premier League games than any of the others - us (both stints we had there), Norwich, Palace, Stoke and think he scored 10 in the Premier for us
6.. Peter Ndlovu - too inconsistent for me, but almost unplayable on his day ... has got about 15 kids so that deserves a bonus point ,, but in terms of "ability" (your reuest ... ranked higher than if it was purely "effectiveness"
7.. Jay Stansfield - in terms of ability ? hmmm - we haven't even been playing him in his preferred position - too early to judge probably
8.. Steve Claridge - first player to score 20 in a season for us since Francis and did very well with Leicester - over a thousand games with over 25 clubs or summat
9.. Dele Adebola - didn't we keep transfer listing him to motivate him ? ... extremely loveable and scored important goals in big games - but not in other games
10.. Lukas Jutkiewicz - played in Premier for both Everton and Burnley - but never acored a Premier League goal

81. Claridge too low. Otherwise very good.

i would probably, if i did it again, move Claridge from eigth to sixth
19:55, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

1.. Wayne Clarke was a bit of a star at Wolves (when they were playing European football too) - scored about 20 in his first season with us and then won the old Premier League with Everton
2.. Paul Furlong - Chelsea paid a fortune for him .. their record signing ? .. and he only moved on (to us) after they signed Vialli
3.. Che Adams - we sold him for £15 million (a record apart from Jude ?) and he kept his place in The Southampton team throughout their Premier League stay - may have played the most top flight games after Wayne CLarke and Jerome in this list)
4.. Marlon King - never really cracked it in the top flight, but 1 in 3 throughout his career shows good consistency and always looked too good for the Championship, but failed in the Premiership
5.. Cameron Jerome - has probably played more Premier League games than any of the others - us (both stints we had there), Norwich, Palace, Stoke and think he scored 10 in the Premier for us
6.. Peter Ndlovu - too inconsistent for me, but almost unplayable on his day ... has got about 15 kids so that deserves a bonus point ,, but in terms of "ability" (your reuest ... ranked higher than if it was purely "effectiveness"
7.. Jay Stansfield - in terms of ability ? hmmm - we haven't even been playing him in his preferred position - too early to judge probably
8.. Steve Claridge - first player to score 20 in a season for us since Francis and did very well with Leicester - over a thousand games with over 25 clubs or summat
9.. Dele Adebola - didn't we keep transfer listing him to motivate him ? ... extremely loveable and scored important goals in big games - but not in other games
10.. Lukas Jutkiewicz - played in Premier for both Everton and Burnley - but never acored a Premier League goal

Gleghorn scored 22 for us in 91-92 unless you mean league goals, if not then Gleghorn got there first before Claridge
20:07, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

Gleghorn scored 22 for us in 91-92 unless you mean league goals, if not then Gleghorn got there first before Claridge

er ... of course ... Yeah i meant League goals ... but actually i didn't even check if was true - i just remember the news stories at the time
20:12, Mon 22 Apr
Rags
Rags

er ... of course ... Yeah i meant League goals ... but actually i didn't even check if was true - i just remember the news stories at the time
I will agree though Claridge was good for us, I didn't think he'd make the step up with Leicester though but he did exceptionally well
Rab C Nesbitt
I felt guilty having Claridge so low. But he wasn’t as talented as some. Made the most of what he had though. Also won a league cup

If I had to pick two of that list to play up front for Blues next year, assuming we stay up and they’d stay fit in this fictional season, I’d take Furlong and Claridge. They’d have worked well as a strike duo.
Tam
20:21, Mon 22 Apr
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt

If I had to pick two of that list to play up front for Blues next year, assuming we stay up and they’d stay fit in this fictional season, I’d take Furlong and Claridge. They’d have worked well as a strike duo.

Probably Furlong and Adams for me, although Stansfield would benefit from a Furlong.
Make Blues Great Again