Isn't junior Dixon a striker, could he step up to the plate?
12:37, Tue 23 Apr
jaspersbovril
I'll put my tin hat on here...if he would take a drop in wages I'd keep Hogan,he could be quite useful in div 1.

He doesn't look bothered playing for us now, d'you really think he's going to be bothered playing for us on a third of his current money (if not less) away at Burton Albion?
12:38, Tue 23 Apr
Not Waving but Drowning

We've had teams picked by 6 different managers this season and none of them have called him up, which suggests he might be some distance off in the view of the people who work most closely with him.
13:09, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
jaspersbovril
I'll put my tin hat on here...if he would take a drop in wages I'd keep Hogan,he could be quite useful in div 1.

He doesn't look bothered playing for us now, d'you really think he's going to be bothered playing for us on a third of his current money (if not less) away at Burton Albion?

He's never looked bothered though I'm sure that's just the way he is. He's an introvert apparently so that's probably why
13:21, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
Kings heath blue
Roman
Scott Hogan would bang the goals in in League 1
I don't think so, can genuinely see him ending up in the national league or league 2 after time without a club

Back to Rochdale would be my guess

Think he will retire after this. Wherever he goes next he will be playing for around 10/20% of what he earns at our place (at best) and tbh his body language suggests he's not arsed as it is. I'd be amazed if he can be arsed playing for a few pennies at places like Barrow getting kicked up in the air every week unless he really needs the money.
Wrexham/Stockport/Derby/Bolton would be my guess
Tony Fantastico
13:30, Tue 23 Apr
If it is L1 I would deffo like to see us go for Langstaff. Be a good step up and in a what should be dominant team.

Other than that who knows. If in the Champ, I know he is not a FW but that Johnston on loan to WBA from Celtic looks a handful. 25 years old and very direct.
13:33, Tue 23 Apr
Also, a diff position again but Wexham's on loan GK, Arthur Okonkwo looks like he has potential. Great shot stopper and good with his feet. Coming to the end of his Arsenal contract so be available for a small fee.
Not Waving but Drowning

In L1 I could see maybe him being on the bench. Chanpionship he’ll go out on loan I’d think.
15:23, Tue 23 Apr
Anybody else somewhat excited by the prospect of being able to give more of our homegrown lads time in our team rather than out on loan, should we drop?

Some will step up to championship level too, but thinking players like Hall, Chang, Donovan, Dixon, Fogarty, potentially others I'm less aware of being in and around the squad. James too if he stays but I can't see it especially if we go down.

Something appeals about having lads who've come through the academy play for us. Aware that we signed Dixon not long ago so he's slightly different. Not sure on the others.
16:35, Tue 23 Apr
mjd2505
Anybody else somewhat excited by the prospect of being able to give more of our homegrown lads time in our team rather than out on loan, should we drop?

Some will step up to championship level too, but thinking players like Hall, Chang, Donovan, Dixon, Fogarty, potentially others I'm less aware of being in and around the squad. James too if he stays but I can't see it especially if we go down.

Something appeals about having lads who've come through the academy play for us. Aware that we signed Dixon not long ago so he's slightly different. Not sure on the others.

If I'm honest, not at all. We need proven talent to get us out of that footballing cesspit as quickly as possible.

I'd much rather us stay up and the homegrown youngsters get cameo appearances off the bench and cup matches. Or go out on loan to a league 1 team.
18:53, Tue 23 Apr
John_Smullen
Ribeye
Snoop
We need to start from scratch next season (unless we can somehow get Stansfield).

If we are in League 1 then Langstaff seems like a good call - given his age, higher up teams will likely be a bit wary and we can afford to offer a decent wage, starts and the chance to move up with the team.
Then someone who has done at least okay in the division this season like Harris from Oxford.

Then finally take a gamble, on someone from abroad or who is promising but raw

Like Brock Madsen? Luciano Figueroa?
Mikael Forssell has a six year old son, he's better than Olly Burke.

Does better tik toks too
23:42, Tue 23 Apr
Kevin Denkey & Mohamed Amoura
Scott Hogan is poor.
He would most definitely not “bang the goals in”
14:26, Wed 24 Apr
tandreou
mjd2505

If I'm honest, not at all. We need proven talent to get us out of that footballing cesspit as quickly as possible.

I'd much rather us stay up and the homegrown youngsters get cameo appearances off the bench and cup matches. Or go out on loan to a league 1 team.

To be fair, I did say "in and around the squad" not "starting every week".

But since, for example, we're looking at currently having 0 strikers on the books for next season. Wouldn't promoting Dixon alongside getting other more senior & proven players in seem like the right decision to do? Allows you to use more of the money pot to sign a higher quality first team forward or two, and have the bench options more filled by youth who would potentially be on loan in league one anyway.
Cheikh N’doye’s Ballon d’Or
Scott Hogan is poor.
He would most definitely not “bang the goals in”

I used to rate him but he's done eff all since Albion away which is how long ago? Cant be far off 18 months? Get rid. He'll probably end up at Wigan or somewhere similar.