Tam
13:17, Mon 6 May
footballisanart
Tam
Tell me - because I don't know - were any of the Leicester players looking for a move? I agree wholeheartedly that we should make them stay if they can be trusted to give 10% - we should remember though, that many of the team have been accused of not caring in the Championship. Them staying (if we wanted them) is a much preferred option, but we all know about player power.

I get the sense (based on nothing put public image) that Wagner will have no problem telling those players he / the leadership team wants to stay that they’re staying - like it or lump it. Principle seems important to his business philosophy. And if things are really looking rosy on FFP then we don’t need to sell anyone we don’t want to.

I hope that’s the case anyway. I think we should be sitting the squad down and telling them “you got us into this mess and you’re fecking well getting us out of it”

Edit: excluding the truly shite ones who can feck off - on our terms

Yep - I hope that's the case as well. Keeping the nucleus of the squad would give us a huge advantage, because they're not bad players. We need to add some grit and leadership qualities, and we can't just start from scratch and bring 20 players in, so it will be interesting. I hope you're right!
Make Blues Great Again
15:40, Mon 6 May
Felix1875
I don’t understand why the majority on here are saying “anyone who doesn’t want to be here, let them go”. When Leicester went down, the majority of their team were decent Premier League players and could have easily left, but the club refused, made them stay and they dominated the League (they took their foot off the pedal for the last few games).

If we’ve got a player who would be very good in League 1, and they don’t have a relegation release clause, then we should make them stay. They might be unhappy for a few weeks whilst the transfer window is open, but once it closes, they are professionals and will do their job. If they don’t they’d only be harming their chances of getting a move in Jan or at the end of the season (if we don’t go up).

Us being relegated isn’t someone’s else mess to clear up, it’s theirs - if they don’t want to be a League 1 player, then work hard and get promoted. It’ll be the manager job to keep them focussed and motivated and the boards job to say “no one leaves unless the clubs wants them to”.

It’ll say a lot about who these players are as people, are they losers who quit when things get tough or do they have strength of character, who dont quit when they get knocked down, they get up, dust themselves off and do better next time. Who ever stays and does well next year will endear themselves to the fans forever.
It also depends on what is stated in each players contract. If a relegation clause states that in the event of relegation the player can leave for any bid over 2 million then theres nothing the club can do about that.
Were they not at the presentation night?

Apologies, I thought my post this morning did not register
17:22, Mon 6 May
its a sign they wont play in league one. dont care about dembele leaving but we need to keep bielik unless someone offers us 10 mil
If we can’t convince Beilik to stay I’d be looking to loan him out, so we can have him when we (hopefully) return

Same goes for Buchanan and Paik

Bielik & Buchanan’s wages also don’t count towards FFP
17:36, Mon 6 May
If we can’t convince Beilik to stay I’d be looking to loan him out, so we can have him when we (hopefully) return

Same goes for Buchanan and Paik

Bielik & Buchanan’s wages also don’t count towards FFP
No chance
If they don’t want to be here then feck them off..
17:50, Mon 6 May
BlueSteve
Tarquin
Rab C Nesbitt
Someone still has to pay that figure though.

If they have the resources I would be surprised if Eustace doesn't come in for him.
I think Eustace will be in for Sanderson as well.

I hope so. poor captain, poor defender, bad example to others by drink driving and people forget he made an excuse he had a bad toe so missed training and a match so he could go shopping under rooney
Not entirely sure how true it is but apparently Bielik, Dembele, Hogan and Burke never turned up for the awards last night…

Hogan has a valid reason; you needed an ID card to gain access but nobody could find him with a pass.
17:59, Mon 6 May
Felix1875
I don’t understand why the majority on here are saying “anyone who doesn’t want to be here, let them go”. When Leicester went down, the majority of their team were decent Premier League players and could have easily left, but the club refused, made them stay and they dominated the League (they took their foot off the pedal for the last few games).

If we’ve got a player who would be very good in League 1, and they don’t have a relegation release clause, then we should make them stay. They might be unhappy for a few weeks whilst the transfer window is open, but once it closes, they are professionals and will do their job. If they don’t they’d only be harming their chances of getting a move in Jan or at the end of the season (if we don’t go up).

Us being relegated isn’t someone’s else mess to clear up, it’s theirs - if they don’t want to be a League 1 player, then work hard and get promoted. It’ll be the manager job to keep them focussed and motivated and the boards job to say “no one leaves unless the clubs wants them to”.

It’ll say a lot about who these players are as people, are they losers who quit when things get tough or do they have strength of character, who dont quit when they get knocked down, they get up, dust themselves off and do better next time. Who ever stays and does well next year will endear themselves to the fans forever.

THIS.
21:17, Mon 6 May
Didn’t dominate on Saturday. W*******rs
Tam
21:32, Mon 6 May
SHAKRO
BlueSteve
Tarquin
Rab C Nesbitt
Someone still has to pay that figure though.

If they have the resources I would be surprised if Eustace doesn't come in for him.
I think Eustace will be in for Sanderson as well.

I hope so. poor captain, poor defender, bad example to others by drink driving and people forget he made an excuse he had a bad toe so missed training and a match so he could go shopping under rooney

I can't offer any defence for his drink driving - none at all - but I'll say that at least he volunteered to be captain among a team of non-leaders. On the 'injury' front, I'm assuming that the club's medical staff concurred that he couldn't play or train, so I'm not sure that it was much of an offence to go shopping. I think that he's a decent defender, as it happens, and has been given too much stick over his performances. If he stays, he'll be a quality defender in League One in my opinion.
Make Blues Great Again
21:36, Mon 6 May
Tam
If Sanderson has someone good alongside he’s fine and should get better as he matures.
21:47, Mon 6 May
Tam
Premier League clubs rarely get it wrong these days and if they're letting a contracted player go for the relatively paltry fee of 2 point something million (if that was the fee), there's generally a reason for it.

He would have benefitted from having a consistent partnership with a more dominant centre-back but if he's not here next season I won't cry about it. At the same time I don't really understand the vitriol for him.
I think some won’t want to play in League One rather than not want to play for us. I agree though, that if players, for whatever reason, want to be away we let them go once we have received offers based on their value, if they have any of course. Losing players we would rather keep, and for me there are not that many of them, is just another unwelcome consequence of relegation. No doubt supporters at Championship clubs are discussing cherry picking the players they would want from our squad. Its football. Did we care a jot about Derby fans when we took Bielik? I certainly did not.

I am confident that we will be in a position to offer players very attractive contracts by League One standards and supplement them with decent promotion bonuses. Money talks and I suspect Tom Wagner is gargling as we speak. What I am less confident about is whether our recruitment decisions will equip us with the quality, balance and mix of physicality and skill we need. In fairness our recent recruitment has been heavily influenced by P&S constraints but that will be much less of a concern this summer with high earners going and no doubt reasonable income being generated from sales. I just hope there was some contingency planning done with relegation in mind and not just strengthening for the Championship.
I am not overly concerned with who goes as much as who comes in. The word will go out Blues are hiring for decent money and I would expect because of that there will be good players prepared to sign for a season with an option. We will also be in position to pay decent loan fees giving us decent leverage in getting in good loan players. All that before we even consider who we might get for an outright fee.

No, I am not that bothered about who we keep but I am about who we get, the sheer scale of the player churn we will be dealing with this summer and whether Tony Mowbray is sufficiently recovered to lead us into what will be a meat grinder of a season.