10:26, Tue 7 May
Long-suffering Birmingham City supporter Terry Coates has penned an open letter to Tom Wagner after watching his beloved Blues relegated to League One

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

no no no no no

why is the Mail even running with this? one view - ridiculous
I don't care if he's 70 or 17, I'm more bothered about the Mail searching out some negative tripe to publish to drive clicks in the off-season - and give even more ammo to those who want to take the piss, as if there's not been enough of that this weekend.

The fact that Terry claims that his negative short-termism is him speaking on behalf of 90% of our fanbase makes him a fanny, not his age.
10:29, Tue 7 May
Waggeh
Staggering arrogance to think that he speaks for 9 out of 10 Blues. He certainly doesn't speak for me.
yes I agree with that,I don't think he deserves the insults though, he is entitled to voice his opinion.

yes - not entitled to have them published in our main regional publication though. mental journalism
10:30, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt

💙 Proper Blues is Bertie. Good man

He probably speaks for 9 9.9 out of 10 Blues fans
10:30, Tue 7 May
He’ll have forgotten by tomorrow
10:34, Tue 7 May
Ah, Terry, Terry, Terry . . . sorry, old son, whilst I respect the longevity and dedication of your support, what a crock of do-do.

I'd say 9 out of 10 fans have completely the opposite view.

Thanks.
someone fetch him his fecking coat
10:39, Tue 7 May
Drives me mad this clickbait rubbish cack stirring gutter press nonsense.

If Knighthead were talking to fans and saying "look, we have £xm in our investment kitty for Birmingham City Football Club and we have a choice of A) A great football team, capable of premier league football possibly sustainable premier league football in 5-10 years or B) A superb sporting complex and new stadium" Then I could understand this blokes argument. You would find 9/10 and probably 99/100 will opt for the great football please.

But that isn't the linear option and in fact to achieve A we absolutely have to have B because the financial muscle of a sporting and entertainment complex both for football and other events is a must for teams wanting to compete at the highest level especially if you are outside of London. We need more of the football tourist and unfortunately don't so many of the wizened old, I saw the cranes go up in 1958, and that isn't me being disrespectful to the later but just stating the facts. Luton and now Ipswich will have a jolly old time in the Prem but it will be shortlived because they are us but luckier and with a better eye for recruitment and management.

Let us be entitled to want and also get good things. I want more of early 2000s Blues are far less of pretty much the rest of the last 40-50 and especially the last 10 which have been thoroughly miserable.
10:59, Tue 7 May
It’s what I expect from that useless newspaper. If it was vile that got relegated with a potential 60k stadium in the mix, the Mail would be brushing all the negativity under the carpet. With us, all they do is highlight it.
11:07, Tue 7 May
Im 70 this month, and I would love to see the stadium plans go ahead - even though there s a chance I might not see it come to fruition. It's about pride - and while that comes primarily from supporting a successful team, which is something that we need to achieve, it is also about having a club that we are proud of in every aspect, including the ground.
11:18, Tue 7 May
If you ignore the stuff about the new stadium, I'm not too sure what this fella has said that is 'wrong'.

Reach PLC masquerading as a local paper really are a crap outfit though.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:24, Tue 7 May
So ignore the bit about a 3b investment which is completely the foundation to which we will be built off
11:56, Tue 7 May
Does it have to be a dung heap?

Not sure Tel is speaking for 9 out of 10 fans but he's probably speaking for a fair few.
11:59, Tue 7 May
ShockingBlue
Does it have to be a dung heap?

Not sure Tel is speaking for 9 out of 10 fans but he's probably speaking for a fair few.

And they’d all be wrong.
He doesn’t represent my views
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!