08:42, Fri 24 May
The bigger challenge isn’t the future it’s the hear and now

Irrespective of the project, the vision, the money spent on infrastructure, to the outside looking in, we are still a effing mental club that sacks managers with a team in 6th. Regardless of what we know, I.e results before those 2 games were poor/end of previous season was gash, that’s the viewpoint held in most of football.

We’ve got no chance of getting a Cooper, Potter etc.

We are not a draw, yet.

We are a 3rd division team.
08:48, Fri 24 May
Green Seamer
Get it done. Let’s believe in a much bigger future.

Think you will find he's got his eye on an even bigger much bigger future - close thread please.

Yeah sounds he’s had his eyes on big jobs for a while now. Not many clubs seem to have their eyes on him though do they?
08:51, Fri 24 May
rubywalsh
I will have what your drinking. How about Carlos ancellotti as a plan b and klopp as a plan C

No League One experience - I'm out
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
08:57, Fri 24 May
I agree. They need to get this rights and could do without someone who just gets us out of this league and then quickly "found out" after 3 months back in the Champs.
Tam
08:58, Fri 24 May
I’m also reluctantly stepping into this camp. We’re excited about the future because we’re heavily invested in it and can see the ambition of the owners for five years down the line.

I’m not sure that that’s important to managers, or even some players, because the club’s rate of going through managers makes it pretty unlikely that they’ll be part of the ‘big stuff’.

Inside the football world, of course, we might be viewed differently, but an outsider, we’ve fecked off two managers when they were doing OK, and replaced them with famous failures, changed managers like I change my underwear (true story, that), we’ve languished at the bottom of the Championship for years, and finally shot ourselves in the foot and will now be playing teams that we hoped that we’d only meet in the FA Cup if they got to the third round.

The argument that relegation might be good for us (which was never a reasonable argument anyway) has been well and truly dashed. With Tony’s departure, I just want to get next season out of the way and get promoted if we can. The names talked about so far are either uninspiring or seemingly unattainable, such is the lack of pulling power of the third division.

Of course, the club could surprise and delight by pulling a rabbit out of the hat, but at the moment, I don’t really care if we bludgeon our way to promotion as long as we get there.
Make Blues Great Again
09:07, Fri 24 May
Tam
Same. I’m very excited for our future but I don’t think our future begins which the current structure in terms of recruitment and football decision making

The players largely criticised last season, were all signed by the bloke who’s going to be leading our recruitment again

The people who convinced Wagner to hire Shrek are still going to be involved. Yes a slight offset as TM was also hired but largely the decision making football wise has been terrible for years and there’s been no improvement in that regard at all.

We need to adjust our expectations this summer. We are still seen as a mad house
Nikola Zigic- FEA
What about his other eye?

This was effing brilliant you ungrateful shits
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:13, Fri 24 May
Tam
Tam
I’m also reluctantly stepping into this camp. We’re excited about the future because we’re heavily invested in it and can see the ambition of the owners for five years down the line.

I’m not sure that that’s important to managers, or even some players, because the club’s rate of going through managers makes it pretty unlikely that they’ll be part of the ‘big stuff’.

Inside the football world, of course, we might be viewed differently, but an outsider, we’ve fecked off two managers when they were doing OK, and replaced them with famous failures, changed managers like I change my underwear (true story, that), we’ve languished at the bottom of the Championship for years, and finally shot ourselves in the foot and will now be playing teams that we hoped that we’d only meet in the FA Cup if they got to the third round.

The argument that relegation might be good for us (which was never a reasonable argument anyway) has been well and truly dashed. With Tony’s departure, I just want to get next season out of the way and get promoted if we can. The names talked about so far are either uninspiring or seemingly unattainable, such is the lack of pulling power of the third division.

Of course, the club could surprise and delight by pulling a rabbit out of the hat, but at the moment, I don’t really care if we bludgeon our way to promotion as long as we get there.

Can sometimes always rely on you for a bit of common sense Tam. Of course we'd all like it to be perfect, but it would be some feat to employ the bloke here who is going to lead us all the way to the prem. Next season is huge and we simply have to get promotion. If it needs looking at again in the Championship then so be it, hopefully not.
Up the feckin Blues
09:14, Fri 24 May
Bit harsh I think.

Player recruitment wise we were under very strict constraints and now have pretty saleable assets in Bacuna, Paik, Miyashita, Buchanan and Beilik.

Manager selection wise I think Mowbray and Rowett were both decent decisions made in good time. Obviously the Rooney decision clouds everything though.
Tam
09:15, Fri 24 May
I think I’m a bit more confident on player recruitment than you are. There are always going to be failures, but with the exception of a striker (again), I think we’d got a decent squad together given the restrictions, and I think that it would have done OK, maybe with some sensible January additions, last season.

For me, I think that the struggle of the pulling power of the Project versus the lack of pulling power of League One is the biggest fallout of relegation. Well, and income of course. Still, cleverer and more knowledgeable minds than mine will be on the case, so fingers crossed.
Make Blues Great Again
09:22, Fri 24 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Nikola Zigic- FEA

Self-congratulation is just another word for masturbation H.

Just remember that.
09:22, Fri 24 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Nikola Zigic- FEA

Self-congratulation is just another word for masturbation H.

Just remember that.
09:23, Fri 24 May
Miyashita 😂😂
09:25, Fri 24 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
What was it someone on here said about him? - 'always has the look of a man that's just escaped from a headlock' - so it's a no from me.

I’m shocked that people would even think he would drop from a prem manager to league 1.

I’m even more shocked that any of us would be against it.
09:25, Fri 24 May
Tam
There’s been some gems but we’ve not addressed the big problems. Striker as you say. But also mentality and leadership. Huge voids in the side.

I’d wager, Paik, koji, Bacuna, laird and Buchanan will be off, plus bielik

I think it’s a massive summer. Complete new team and new manager, a complete reboot in many cases but I just don’t have the trust in Gardner if he is leading the football side to get it right