11:47, Wed 10 Jul
the ferret
It would be interesting to see the points and win ratio when he started those games.

It didn't feel like we won many with him in the team.

I'm a geek and I did do this just after the season ended. I can't find it, but if I remember right Sanderson and Aiwu played about 12 games together, and I think we won 1 drew 3 and lost the rest. I'll get my geek cap on and have a proper looke when I get chance.

I also remember us doing well when Keshi Anderson started. I think he made 12 starts, and we won 5 drew 5 and lost 2 (although obviously this doesn't take quality of opposition into account)
11:48, Wed 10 Jul
Harsh on at least a few of those. Rogers for instance. Scott was a stopgap. Robinson and Atkins were NOT worse.
11:53, Wed 10 Jul
number8
Darren Rogers
Ken Armstrong
Tommy Williams
Geoff Scott
Ian Atkins
Rafael Schmitz
David Edgar
Paul Robinson

All worse than Aiwu.

Bragstad.../shudders...
I think it was the inconsistency that was the main issue. Some games he looked good, particularly when asked to track someone who dropped into midfield, but often got caught in behind.
Which meant in turn that you could never feel safe with him at the back. Always got the impression when he got his napper on the ball that it was by accident.
12:01, Wed 10 Jul
AIDS is slightly better than Aiwu

Wouldn’t want that either
12:01, Wed 10 Jul
number8
Darren Rogers - Had to look him up
Ken Armstrong - Before my time
Tommy Williams - Before my time
Geoff Scott - Before my time
Ian Atkins - Can just about remember him

Rafael Schmitz - Played in Prem
David Edgar - Elsie final season
Paul Robinson - Behave!

All worse than Aiwu.

Darren Rogers could be a good shout, I have no recollection of him at all. I'm not having any of the others, apart from maybe Atkins, who I can just about remember. Half of the others were before my time and the other half were better IMO. Schmitz played in the Prem, he wasn't great but he was better IMO. Edgar played during Elsie's final season and still wasn't worse IMO. Robinson, whilst a complete Marmite character, is surely a more dependable defender than Aiwu.
12:05, Wed 10 Jul
He was on the winning side twice - 1 nil win against Preston with Rowett as manager and the 2-1 Sheff Wed win which was Rooney's only home victory I think. Other than that he was in the defense for two drab 0-0 against Bristol City & Rotherham at home.

I thought he was pretty poor, you cannot sugar coat that a championship centre half needs to have good positional sense, be confident in the air and keep basic distribution errors in own half to a bare minimum and he rarely achieved any of these. However he also had captain calamity along side him in mitigation.

Astounding that he was valued at £3m.
12:09, Wed 10 Jul
If Aiwu started in 2 games we won and the mail say he started in 22 overall then that says it all to me.

Add Paul Fitzpatrick to the crap centre half list.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
Stretch Armstrong maybe 🤔.
12:37, Wed 10 Jul
Rogers was absolute dogshit and probably the worst centre half I have ever seen in a Blues shirt. Utterly useless, and I'm being kind.
12:39, Wed 10 Jul
We signed Darren Rodgers from West Brom didn’t we, remeber when we signed him and a few of us thought we’d signed a star in the making ,how wrong we was as said he was crap
12:46, Wed 10 Jul
In all seriousness, Curtis Davies when he first came in his first season and the relegation season when he stepped in, was utter guff.

When he stepped up and became first choice, he really came into his own.

Aiwu may or may not become a good player - but this season wasn't really a great stable test for him. I actually think he looked like there was some potential there, but for 3m quid absolutely not.
12:55, Wed 10 Jul
Mike YOU ESS AYY
In all seriousness, Curtis Davies when he first came in his first season and the relegation season when he stepped in, was utter guff.

Purse was shite when he first came in.

Probably had the second worst debut I've ever seen - Mark Dennis at Norwich had an even bigger nightmare, just about.

But Purse against Bury I think? had a honking game. I honestly wondered what we had signed. But he went on to be very good.
12:57, Wed 10 Jul
Spike
Mike YOU ESS AYY

Purse was shite when he first came in.

Probably had the second worst debut I've ever seen - Mark Dennis at Norwich had an even bigger nightmare, just about.

But Purse against Bury I think? had a honking game. I honestly wondered what we had signed. But he went on to be very good.

I remember that - you are absolutely right. Purse was awful. I remember it took a while, then he seemed to find his feet. I couldn't remember who it was we played though on his debut - your memory is far superior to mine.