13:04, Wed 10 Jul

Astounding that he was valued at £3m.

Like everything in life, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. We weren't prepeared to pay £3m so in fact he isn't "worth" £3m.

How did his parent club come to that valuation ? .... well you can put any asking price you like on an item .... they may as well have put his value at £30 million.

But "no" you're right ... for me, he was only worth the risk that he'd develop his athleticism and skill into being an effctive player at around £300,000
13:14, Wed 10 Jul
El Hijo de Quarkio
Haircut1000
El Hijo de Quarkio
I've been attending since the days of Dave Mackay and I'm struggling to think of a worse CB we've had in that time. I'm sure there are a few who I've forgotten, but you could probably count them on one hand.

I trust your judgement mate.

Cheers mate. Even going back to the days of Overson, Dryden, Matthewson etc, I still can't think of anyone I think was worse than Aiwu. High praise indeed!

Bragstad
13:48, Wed 10 Jul
Still haunted by the goal he gifted Watford at home. Not even worth 3 quid, complete dud.
18:06, Wed 10 Jul
El Hijo de Quarkio
I've been attending since the days of Dave Mackay and I'm struggling to think of a worse CB we've had in that time. I'm sure there are a few who I've forgotten, but you could probably count them on one hand.
Did you ever see Alex Bruce , he made Aiwu look like Cannavarro trust me
18:08, Wed 10 Jul
Ribeye
El Hijo de Quarkio
Haircut1000
El Hijo de Quarkio

Cheers mate. Even going back to the days of Overson, Dryden, Matthewson etc, I still can't think of anyone I think was worse than Aiwu. High praise indeed!

Bragstad

He was pap, but only played a few games on loan if I remember rightly.
18:10, Wed 10 Jul
gerry1875
El Hijo de Quarkio
Did you ever see Alex Bruce , he made Aiwu look like Cannavarro trust me

Yeah that's not a bad shout either. As I said in my OP, I was sure there would be one or too that I'd forgotten. The fact we're having to pull out names like Alex Bruce and Otto Bragstad to find worse, shows we're better off parting ways.
18:12, Wed 10 Jul
El Hijo de Quarkio
Ribeye
El Hijo de Quarkio
Haircut1000
El Hijo de Quarkio

Bragstad

I'm sure he got subbed in his first or second game. The tilton were booing him and Jim Smith recalled him to Derby (I think)
£3m would have been ridiculous!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
23:14, Wed 10 Jul
Ribeye
El Hijo de Quarkio
Ribeye
El Hijo de Quarkio
Haircut1000
El Hijo de Quarkio

Bragstad

I'm sure he got subbed in his first or second game. The tilton were booing him and Jim Smith recalled him to Derby (I think)

I was at that game. I occasionally have nightmares where Blues have put me on the pitch and I try dead hard but the opposition batter me and I want to come off cos I know I'm not good enough.

That was like watching poor Bragstad.
23:33, Wed 10 Jul
Spike
number8
Darren Rogers
Ken Armstrong
Tommy Williams
Geoff Scott
Ian Atkins
Rafael Schmitz
David Edgar
Paul Robinson

All worse than Aiwu.

Bragstad.../shudders...
James Hurst.
That bastard Chelsea left back recently
Tony Fantastico
07:51, Thu 11 Jul
Are we forgetting Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett

From Man U but awful.
10:09, Thu 11 Jul
Aaron Martin under Clark.
One of a number of signings who went straight into non league after I think.

Not really his fault but not sure I’ve seen a player so badly out of his depth.

Darren Rogers getting absolutely ragged by Steve Bull also still a dark memory.

Aiwu not up to much but certainly had way way worse.