01:08, Sat 30 Dec
I understand why many have the Evening Mail links on ignore .... but you may have missed this

Wayne Rooney says Birmingham City achieved their main objective of a clean sheet against Bristol City - despite supporters’ angry reaction following the bore draw at St Andrew’s.

Blues ended 2023 with a goalless draw in front of their own fans and rarely threatened Bristol City’s goal. Aside from two first half headers from Anis Mehmeti, the Robins barely laid a glove on Blues either.

Actual quotes

"The real priority today was a clean sheet. I sat here after the last game answering questions on what we can do to stop conceding goals, so we have really focussed on that and I’m pleased with that.”"

"The real focus today was keeping a clean sheet. I thought we defended well as a group, we were compact, we were hard to play through, and we nullified Bristol’s opportunities."

"the main priority was keeping the clean sheet."

Source ... [www.birminghammail.co.uk]
01:27, Sat 30 Dec
Well that's alright then
01:42, Sat 30 Dec
Thanks Rags.

I do ignore the Mail.

I think I might start ignoring Rooney too.
Formerly known as GuildfordBlue…
03:24, Sat 30 Dec
Football interviews have to be taken with the pinchiest of salts.

Very rarely truth is actually spoken and PR watering is in full flow to fit a certain agenda
06:09, Sat 30 Dec
Caught that on X.

That comment alone has sealed his fate for me!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
No fear goals football
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
08:02, Sat 30 Dec
Would a clean sheet not be the starting point for 95% of managers across the country?
08:34, Sat 30 Dec
I wonder what Rooney's objective is for the Leeds game?

Keep the score down to 2-0 against?

Hope to nick a goal, and only lose by a 2-1 scoreline?
08:36, Sat 30 Dec
The same tactics we went for Norwich away then.
08:42, Sat 30 Dec
Chris
Would a clean sheet not be the starting point for 95% of managers across the country?

After 14 games of no fear football, based on his post match interview, it was his holy grail. Never heard the words “clean sheet” shoe horned into five minutes before in my life.
10:00, Sat 30 Dec
Fans: we need to get back to being hard to beat, what’s the point in scoring one if we concede two, Ruddy/the defence need to keep a clean sheet etc.

Manager sets up to keep a clean sheet and achieves it

Fans: SACK HIM!1!!!
10:05, Sat 30 Dec
QBBC2
Fans: we need to get back to being hard to beat, what’s the point in scoring one if we concede two, Ruddy/the defence need to keep a clean sheet etc.

Manager sets up to keep a clean sheet and achieves it

Fans: SACK HIM!1!!!

Yep it's laughable.
Make up your minds !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:08, Sat 30 Dec
Rags
I understand why many have the Evening Mail links on ignore .... but you may have missed this

Wayne Rooney says Birmingham City achieved their main objective of a clean sheet against Bristol City - despite supporters’ angry reaction following the bore draw at St Andrew’s.

Blues ended 2023 with a goalless draw in front of their own fans and rarely threatened Bristol City’s goal. Aside from two first half headers from Anis Mehmeti, the Robins barely laid a glove on Blues either.

Actual quotes

"The real priority today was a clean sheet. I sat here after the last game answering questions on what we can do to stop conceding goals, so we have really focussed on that and I’m pleased with that.”"

"The real focus today was keeping a clean sheet. I thought we defended well as a group, we were compact, we were hard to play through, and we nullified Bristol’s opportunities."

"the main priority was keeping the clean sheet."

Source ... [www.birminghammail.co.uk]

What's the big deal ?
People are just gunning for him regardless of what he does or says.
It's a vicious circle.
UTFB !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:12, Sat 30 Dec
This.

It’s just bullying really. Waiting and wanting him to fail. Some aren’t far away from booing them onto the field.

Toxic, entitled and villaesq.

Shameful and embarrassing.

Grow the fcuk up or don’t bother attending.
10:13, Sat 30 Dec
Thongs
It’s just bullying really. Waiting and wanting him to fail. Some aren’t far away from booing them onto the field.

Toxic, entitled and villaesq.

Shameful and embarrassing.

Grow the fcuk up or don’t bother attending.

Pretty much describes your treatment of JE. How embarrassing for you.
The cold never bothered me anyway