19:12, Sat 30 Dec
Out of interest did anyone during the game think - We have set up to keep a clean sheet / parked the bus ? Or just thought we were a bit crap and Bristol City couldn't finish to save their lives ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:17, Sat 30 Dec
We’ve been relegated and promoted 14 times, 7 of those relegations have been in my lifetime. We’re joint top of the most relegated/promoted teams in the history of the EFL and still fans treat it as though it’s going to be some sort of disaster. That’s just personal ego/emotions, nothing actually bad happens.
19:37, Sat 30 Dec
Its personal ego to not want to be relegated?

I’ve read some mad shit on here recently but that takes the cake.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:41, Sat 30 Dec
What is it then?
20:13, Sat 30 Dec
Super Hans
Its personal ego to not want to be relegated?

I’ve read some mad shit on here recently but that takes the cake.

It really is odd the lengths some will go to to excuse the shit show of the last 13 games.
The cold never bothered me anyway
20:17, Sat 30 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Out of interest did anyone during the game think - We have set up to keep a clean sheet / parked the bus ? Or just thought we were a bit crap and Bristol City couldn't finish to save their lives ?

At HT in the match thread I said we were playing for the 0-0. It was painfully obvious.
20:17, Sat 30 Dec
QBBC2
We’ve been relegated and promoted 14 times, 7 of those relegations have been in my lifetime. We’re joint top of the most relegated/promoted teams in the history of the EFL and still fans treat it as though it’s going to be some sort of disaster. That’s just personal ego/emotions, nothing actually bad happens.

Nothing bad happens? We've lost generations of support to Villa because of our inability to stay in the Premier League. We've had to sign players like Oli Burke. We've had to put up with managers like Lee effing Clark. We've had to endure years of losing local derbies. Nothing bad happens my arse.
20:18, Sat 30 Dec
The latter. I thought we were rubbish.
20:18, Sat 30 Dec
What is what?

Relegation would be a negative for the club, like it would be for any club.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:32, Sat 30 Dec
Or answer a question.
20:35, Sat 30 Dec
tebily
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
If Rooney had been sacked after Boxing Day and Cooper, Klopp or Pep had taken over, they would have set us up the exact same way last night. They would have looked at us conceding 3 goals every game and made a clean sheet a priority. After looking so porous defensively and conceding crazy goals every game- we would have lauded Cooper for the clean sheet. Now after 14 games in charge it does seem desperate and we should have used our solid base that we had when he arrived as a starting point to slowly evolve from. However, we are here now and he did the right thing yesterday. Whatever happens now, Rooney can’t win in many peoples eyes.

Why are you giving the manager a pat on the back for that shite football match? You're saying he should be praised for making us solid... the reason people aren't happy about yesterday is because they have memories. It's not us being averse to being hard to beat. It's that people remember what he was brought in to do, and it was to build on what we had and make it more dynamic, exciting, winning. All we have after 15 or so games is a poor imitation of what we once saw.

Rooney can't win in my eyes unless we actually start looking like we might WIN in the style he promises, which we barely do, and that's down to him. I'm not gonna start giving the man credit for not delivering what he's here to do. His brief isn't Eustaceball.

“We will create a winning culture here with an identity that gets Blues fans on their feet.

“My job is to elevate the club to the next level and I can’t wait to get started. I know what the expectations are and our job is to deliver.”

That's the brief, from the horse's mouth.

You aren't the only one but you are probably the latest in a long list of posters to crucify Rooney for a set of results from 13 or 14 or 15 matches. You choose !
Any road up during Blues history we've probably played 5000 games ( conservative estimate ).
Do the maths and calculate just how small that ludicrously tiny sample is....
It's somewhere around one third of a single percent.
That's why level headed people aren't rushing to tie the hangman's noose around our new manager's neck.
My example above is as ludicrous as yours.
However you ain't even give him a chance.
Just have a think FFS !!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
20:45, Sat 30 Dec
Will Birmingham City survive relegation?

Probably (although some clubs don't)

Will be have a better long term future under the current owners if we stay up?

Almost certainly.
21:10, Sat 30 Dec

Almost certainly.

Same old raspers 🤣

Why answer the question when you can just blather instead?
21:14, Sat 30 Dec
Rasputin

Almost certainly.

Probably is too strong. IMO. Possibly is more appropriate.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
21:30, Sat 30 Dec
Other than being cynical about other people's opinions, what questions are you really asking?