14:49, Mon 15 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
Iain_Gavin
Is “Hull at home in the FA Cup replay” going to be the new “6,000 at home in the mid 80’s”, and will the same 10,000 people be bragging about being part of both?

Its the 2,000 against Lincoln that really matters and i'm getting in early to say i was at both.

3,443 vs Macclesfield in the League Cup 2nd rd 2nd leg, we won 6-0 and I was there.

IIRC people were mad cos it was £17 a ticket and we'd already won the 1st leg 3-0
14:51, Mon 15 Jan
He said away games bar the big 6 at home.
Tony Fantastico
14:51, Mon 15 Jan
Sheep2
Wimbledon (Now MK Dons) 2004 FA Cup
Chelsea 2005 FA Cup and 2012 twice
Liverpool 2006 FA Cup
W*lv*s 2009 FA cup and 2012 twice
Everton 2010 FA Cup
Portsmouth 2010 FA Cup
Bolton 2011 FA Cup
Bristol Rovers 2014 FA cup
West Ham 2019 FA cup
Man City 2021 FA cup

We've also played Coventry in 2011 and twice in 2020 when they weren't in our division.
So I make it 10 (should be 11 teams) and 14 (Should be 17 ties) that meet the criteria since 15 January 2004.

I do think the criteria is a bit random though.

The FA don't give us what we want even though they do much more than they statistically should or something.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Tam
14:53, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
Iain_Gavin
Is “Hull at home in the FA Cup replay” going to be the new “6,000 at home in the mid 80’s”, and will the same 10,000 people be bragging about being part of both?

Its the 2,000 against Lincoln that really matters and i'm getting in early to say i was at both.

3,443 vs Macclesfield in the League Cup 2nd rd 2nd leg, we won 6-0 and I was there.

IIRC people were mad cos it was £17 a ticket and we'd already won the 1st leg 3-0

Yes, same here. In those days, I'd have done anything to try and get there. I'd been up to Macclesfield for the first leg, and I remember David Gold coming over to applaud the Blues fans. I have a recollection that it was was Macclesfield that insisted on the prices for the return leg - I could be wrong though. I headed down the M6 from Manchester for that one. Parking was pretty easy, fortunately! Although it was 6-0, IIIRC it wasn't really a one-sided game, and Macclesfield had plenty of chances.
Make Blues Great Again
14:54, Mon 15 Jan
I want ties v teams we don't play very often.
Ideally at a new away ground.
Brentford and Spurs away would be ideal for this or smaller clubs home or away.

We've never played Harrogate, Morecambe, Barrow, Sutton, Salford, Accrington or Fleetwood. One of those would be ideal.
I'd also take teams like Crawley and Stevenage (1 tie in 1997) or Newport or Wrexham or Lincoln or Grimsby particularly away
Or almost any non-league club.
14:54, Mon 15 Jan
Tam
Tam
El Mayor
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
Iain_Gavin

Yes, same here. In those days, I'd have done anything to try and get there. I'd been up to Macclesfield for the first leg, and I remember David Gold coming over to applaud the Blues fans. I have a recollection that it was was Macclesfield that insisted on the prices for the return leg - I could be wrong though. I headed down the M6 from Manchester for that one. Parking was pretty easy, fortunately! Although it was 6-0, IIIRC it wasn't really a one-sided game, and Macclesfield had plenty of chances.

The main thing I remember was the team trying to set up AJ for a goal and he continually fluffed it.
15:01, Mon 15 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
He said away games bar the big 6 at home.

I still make it 14 decent ties in 20 years. I am including all the W*lv*s and Cov games in that. Should really include WBA as well, which would be 15.

The last time we played W*lv*s away in the cup there were fewer than 10,000 there. I don't think we sold out the away section and the home sections were very empty.
Scrambled winner from Wade Elliott.
Dan
15:03, Mon 15 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Dan
Also Bolton would be a shit draw.

Away- big allocation. Always liked Bolton away.

205 miles from my house though, you've got to take that into account.
15:08, Mon 15 Jan
Dan
Dan
Nikola Zigic
Dan
Also Bolton would be a shit draw.

Away- big allocation. Always liked Bolton away.

205 miles from my house though, you've got to take that into account.

Living just south of Ayr?
15:29, Mon 15 Jan
anything less than 3k and surely we're in lowest ever competitive attendances at st.andrews territory
15:41, Mon 15 Jan
We managed a massive 7k last season against Blackburn so should get more than 3k surely…
15:43, Mon 15 Jan
We won't be close.
If you look at previous cup ties the selling pattern is the same.
Most people buy on the day.
Last season at one point for Blackburn we only had the upper half of the Kop open and it took until the afternoon of the tie to get the Tilton open.
There is no mad scramble for tickets for this sort of game.
17:42, Mon 15 Jan
I usually don't have a lot of sympathy for those who get annoyed about there not being cash turnstiles but tbf I can see how for tomorrow it might help get more people in, helps spontaneity for those who think buying tickets online is a major faff
18:02, Mon 15 Jan
Would the ticket office be open before kick off?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:08, Mon 15 Jan
yeah but that's less time to drink