09:10, Wed 27 Mar
Wonder if they’ll be thinking about NFL games with the Brady connection.
09:11, Wed 27 Mar
Blue Turnip

I'd imagine that's a given mate.

It's why I think the attendance will be at least 60k.

Taylor Swift and her NLF fella double header.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:12, Wed 27 Mar
Spike
Tom TheProject Brady
I guess we'll find out soon enough, they must have some ideas drawn up somewhere.

There are plans and designs drawn up.

I haven't seen them, I would imagine the proper fans who go to the Open Evening thing will be given a look.

Now it's finally out in the open things will hopefully start to accelerate.

I've seen the stuff about the Trevor Francis sky walk/highline.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:17, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Blue Turnip

I think the NFL thing is a complete misnomer personally. Spurs is plenty of capacity for that, it's London or nothing. It's a non-starter.
09:18, Wed 27 Mar
And Spurs was built with NFL money and the initial contract is to 2030. You'll be waiting a very long time to see NFL in Birmingham, if ever.
09:18, Wed 27 Mar
Blue Turnip

If it will make a profit, they will be thinking about it.
It will be interesting to see what does end up being hosted but I'd expect them to try for everything they can get, the aim is going to be to have the stadium/ site in use most days I'd imagine (though will probably fall a bit short of that!)

The wider site is going to be interesting though, it is a good size to fit other things on - [www.theguardian.com]
09:20, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Blue Turnip

I think the NFL thing is a complete misnomer personally. Spurs is plenty of capacity for that, it's London or nothing. It's a non-starter.

Regualr season games I'd be inclined to agree with you. There would definitely be scope for a few pre-season matches in the summer though.

That being said Germany has hosted NFL in both Munich and Frankfurt so having it in two different UK cities isn't beyond the realms of possibility. No other person better than Brady to make it happen either, he and commissioner Goodell are pals.
09:21, Wed 27 Mar
And Spurs was built with NFL money and the initial contract is to 2030. You'll be waiting a very long time to see NFL in Birmingham, if ever.

That's true, it would be an exhibition game at best, no chance of a regular season one.
09:22, Wed 27 Mar

That's only 6 years time, conveniently around the same time our new stadium will be finished.

Only half joking.
09:24, Wed 27 Mar
number8

We're in 2024 now - pretty good time line for the end of that initial contract to line up with the new stadium opening. We may not get anything but I would be surprised if we wouldn't be interested.
09:30, Wed 27 Mar
That’s a massive site to fill so it makes me wonder what they want to build in relegation to sheer size.

Football will be its primary use as well as concerts and events but I imagine upwards of a 60k+ stadium.
09:32, Wed 27 Mar
It'll be based on the US model of what a stadium is - to generate income 300 days a year not 20.

Leisure , entertainment, retail, accommodation, hotel etc.
09:33, Wed 27 Mar
But we can’t fill our ground 23 times a year….etc
09:33, Wed 27 Mar
Oldham
Nikola Zigic
Blue Turnip

I respectfully disagree.

The demand for NFL is huge, we have American owners and the greatest NFL star of all time on board. It's just logical, for me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H