10:05, Wed 27 Mar
Lichblue
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

Design by committee is never, ever a good thing.
Had a client pull a brand once because he showed it to his wife and she didn't like the colour.
Leave it to the experts.
Erdington Brummie in Shoreditch
10:05, Wed 27 Mar
It's not difficult to have a 60k stadium limited to 40k seats for regular games. A few stadiums already do it
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
10:06, Wed 27 Mar
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

Poor WUM or completely missing the point and every conversation there's been on the topic for the past year?
10:08, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

Poor WUM or completely missing the point and every conversation there's been on the topic for the past year?

Definately not a wum. I'm just being honest, we don't fill a 30k stadium so imagine what it would look like with a 60k stadium. We have room to grow a bit but it would take a big effort to get 30k going every week let alone 40-50+.
Tam
10:09, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

Definately not a wum. I'm just being honest, we don't fill a 30k stadium so imagine what it would look like with a 60k stadium. We have room to grow a bit but it would take a big effort to get 30k going every week let alone 40-50+.

Are you thinking that the stadium would just be used for Blues games?
Make Blues Great Again
10:10, Wed 27 Mar
Wonder if they’ll be thinking about NFL games with the Brady connection.

would say this is pie in the sky but there might be a European division in 10= years with a London/ UK franchise playing a game outside the capital
10:10, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

Then you're a ted ignorant to what's been said then.

Blues' ability to fill any new stadium is irrelevant.
10:11, Wed 27 Mar
Wonder if they’ll be thinking about NFL games with the Brady connection.

would say this is pie in the sky but there might be a European division in 10= years with a London/ UK franchise playing a game outside the capital

A Euro division is absolutely on the cards for the NFL.
10:11, Wed 27 Mar
Tam
Tam
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

The majority of the time it will be. You telling me we are going to lump 20k empty seats onto a stadium for the odd concert?
Tam
10:12, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

The majority of the time it will be. You telling me we are going to lump 20k empty seats onto a stadium for the odd concert?

I very much doubt that it will be just for the 'odd concert'.
Make Blues Great Again
CastleBlue

Ay up chaps, we've got a live one.
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

Build it and they will come. Next season will be the kick start of a new era, with playing staff changing dramatically, so the footballing product wont be hamstrung with a lot of the existing lot we dont want to keep or be part of the project moving forward. Better team will deliver better results and attract people as well as when a new stadium comes along, ambition demonstrated will also encourage more, old and new. It'll come..
10:13, Wed 27 Mar
Tam
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

Yes because they'll make more money from 2-3 concerts a year then they will in a season of football.
10:14, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

if you watched the interviews with Wagner when he talks about why Knighthead invested etc and read the announcements the club have made about partnership deals etc you'll get a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve long term and why a 50k + stadium makes sense
10:16, Wed 27 Mar
Tam
Tam
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

And i hate to point out the obvious in the room, but that lot down the road may start competing for concerts.

Just a personal preference but i would rather something smaller but more modern. That way the atmosphere and fan experience might be better than us sitting in a 60k super stadium.