10:19, Wed 27 Mar
And i hate to point out the obvious in the room, but that lot down the road may start competing for concerts.

Just a personal preference but i would rather something smaller but more modern. That way the atmosphere and fan experience might be better than us sitting in a 60k super stadium.

Villa Park already holds concerts. It's not big enough for the top acts, the infrastructure is poor and it's too old. I've heard promoters really aren't keen on it.

Want to attract the biggest acts in the world to play at your stadium requires something which doesn't exist withing 100+ miles of Birmingham.

Building a stadium fit for massive concerts is a licence to print money.
Tam
10:20, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Tam
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

Poor WUM or completely missing the point and every conversation there's been on the topic for the past year?

Definately not a wum. I'm just being honest, we don't fill a 30k stadium so imagine what it would look like with a 60k stadium. We have room to grow a bit but it would take a big effort to get 30k going every week let alone 40-50+.

Are you thinking that the stadium would just be used for Blues games?

The majority of the time it will be. You telling me we are going to lump 20k empty seats onto a stadium for the odd concert?

I very much doubt that it will be just for the 'odd concert'.

And i hate to point out the obvious in the room, but that lot down the road may start competing for concerts.

Just a personal preference but i would rather something smaller but more modern.
That way the atmosphere and fan experience might be better than us sitting in a 60k super stadium.

That's not going to happen. The owners are thinking much bigger than this. It won't be just for Blues games and it will be with an eye for the future. Why limit potential and revenue streams, and consign us to being also-rans?
Make Blues Great Again
Have you considered that OVG and Knighthead might have some innovative ideas/plans to alleviate your concerns and that this is bigger than what you may comprehend? I.e They may have more of an idea than us lot on a message board

And as others have said, Villa Park will be no competition at all, a giant multi-purpose complex with transport links and parking, or a shed in Aston with streets full of wheelie bins, you decide.
Happy Clapper
1 - There is nothing like what tey intend to build within a indred miles. Villa Park will not be any competition for concerts.

2 - You don't seem to grasp that the football element is only part of the picture. Read everything that's been said on this thread and others.
10:21, Wed 27 Mar
Villa Park will be a football ground hoping to host concerts.

Our place Will an entertaining venue with all of the facilities needed to host national and international events, with parking, hotels, bars, shopping etc.

It's the difference between converting your shed in to a garden bar or going to the pub.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
10:28, Wed 27 Mar
your forgetting one thing,if you go to a concert at villa park,you can get thrown out ,and nip in the cafe outside the holte end,if you know u know.
10:29, Wed 27 Mar
Villa Park will be a football ground hoping to host concerts.

Our place Will an entertaining venue with all of the facilities needed to host national and international events, with parking, hotels, bars, shopping etc.

It's the difference between converting your shed in to a garden bar or going to the pub.

Or four sheds, as it were
10:35, Wed 27 Mar
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

Whilst I agree with the premise, ‘experts’ ripped out a lot of fine architecture across the city and replaced it with brutalist monstrosities, that we ended up pulling down. There can be wisdom in crowds.
10:37, Wed 27 Mar
Crowds voted for the Nazis and Brexit. People collectively know eff all.
10:39, Wed 27 Mar
Bluemusic
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

Whilst I agree with the premise, ‘experts’ ripped out a lot of fine architecture across the city and replaced it with brutalist monstrosities, that we ended up pulling down. There can be wisdom in crowds.
agreed we dont want some naf cheap build like the kop.we want something to be proud ov.that will stand the test of time.
10:49, Wed 27 Mar
Everyone saying no, you do realise the 3 proposed designs would be created by OVG and all to a good standard. I didn’t suggest a design the stadium comp for fans.
Be nice to has one whole end (bank) like spurs do rather than 2 tiers behind goal
10:52, Wed 27 Mar
Everyone saying no, you do realise the 3 proposed designs would be created by OVG and all to a good standard. I didn’t suggest a design the stadium comp for fans.

So you want to pay an internationally renowned and therefore very expensive design company three times when only once is necessary, only to then hand the choice over to Barry, 63 from Chelmsley Wood?
10:52, Wed 27 Mar
Invoking Godwin's law probably hasn't strengthened your case.
10:53, Wed 27 Mar
Lichblue
dont say that,i thought i might win a badge if i won.