10:55, Wed 27 Mar
Invoking Godwin's law probably hasn't strengthened your case.

Meh. I’ll point out ill thought out ideas when I see fit. Ta.
10:56, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

You're assuming we'll have a team whose star players are like Marc Roberts, Lee Camp or Lee Novak. It's little wonder we haven't shifted many tickets over the years when that's the sort of stuff on offer. I think it's fair to say that these owners will be looking to ditch the Aldi loyalty card and start shopping at Waitrose or even Harrods in the years to come. And when that happens, you see what that does to our attendances. Just over fifty years ago we had Francis, Latchford and Hatton playing in front of crowds in excess of 50k, and only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could boast higher average attendances over the season. It might be a different generation, but it's the same second city with over 1 million inhabitants. The number of fans we took to Wembley in 1991 and 1995 should also serve as evidence that the demand really is there. What it needs is a product they'll be willing to buy, and let's face it, over the last 149 years there haven't been many times when that's been on offer.
10:56, Wed 27 Mar
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

I would assume said three designs were all expertly created by the time of voting and that any winner would be safe, attractive and acceptable to them.

Otherwise they wouldn’t do it, obviously.
11:10, Wed 27 Mar
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

I'm massively frustrated with this whole thread - i've posted at least 3 times on here over the last 3 months the ideas and thinking behind the new stadium (60k plus) and the ideas of how to make it not look empty
11:12, Wed 27 Mar
Rags

I'm massively frustrated with this whole thread - i've posted at least 3 times on here over the last 3 months the ideas and thinking behind the new stadium (60k plus) and the ideas of how to make it not look empty

Yeah- a top ring covered up until demand calls for it.

All makes sense.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:12, Wed 27 Mar

You're pissing into the wind Rags. Some just can't fathom any scenario of big time Blues.

It's this attitude which has made Brum the laughing stock of the country for decades. It's a uniquely Brummie trait to be like this and it's really poor.
11:16, Wed 27 Mar
Squatnose
CastleBlue

You're assuming we'll have a team whose star players are like Marc Roberts, Lee Camp or Lee Novak. It's little wonder we haven't shifted many tickets over the years when that's the sort of stuff on offer. I think it's fair to say that these owners will be looking to ditch the Aldi loyalty card and start shopping at Waitrose or even Harrods in the years to come. And when that happens, you see what that does to our attendances. Just over fifty years ago we had Francis, Latchford and Hatton playing in front of crowds in excess of 50k, and only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could boast higher average attendances over the season. It might be a different generation, but it's the same second city with over 1 million inhabitants. The number of fans we took to Wembley in 1991 and 1995 should also serve as evidence that the demand really is there. What it needs is a product they'll be willing to buy, and let's face it, over the last 149 years there haven't been many times when that's been on offer.
you say it's the same second city, in name only I am afraid, we are overflowing by different cultures and inhabitants these days, who's interest in football is not great, and even if they are interested they are all Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, fans, we have lost a generation of Blues fans due to our shiteness over the years, going to be hard to get 50,000 odd ever again, will be tough enough to get 30,000
11:17, Wed 27 Mar
Ffs
Happy Clapper
11:19, Wed 27 Mar
You're pissing into the wind Rags. Some just can't fathom any scenario of big time Blues.

It's this attitude which has made Brum the laughing stock of the country for decades. It's a uniquely Brummie trait to be like this and it's really poor.

Agree - most Blues fans attitude is "As long as we're bigger and doing better than Solihull Moors we're winning"

If Sir Jim is intent on making Old Trafford the 'Wembley of the North' then I'm sure Knighthead will be eyeing making the New Knighthead Park the 'Wembley of the Midlands'.

Now is our time to strike - Vile have put their expansion on hiatus (allegedly because it would impact on their precarious P&S situation) and their site is fairly hemmed in by adjacent development. Blues have abt 50 acres to go 'mad' and build whatever they feel will work best.
11:22, Wed 27 Mar
What do you want Gerry? Do you want to aim at the moon or stay in the gutter? That's pretty much your choice right now.
11:25, Wed 27 Mar
lowercaser

Agree - most Blues fans attitude is "As long as we're bigger and doing better than Solihull Moors we're winning"

If Sir Jim is intent on making Old Trafford the 'Wembley of the North' then I'm sure Knighthead will be eyeing making the New Knighthead Park the 'Wembley of the Midlands'.

Now is our time to strike - Vile have put their expansion on hiatus (allegedly because it would impact on their precarious P&S situation) and their site is fairly hemmed in by adjacent development. Blues have abt 50 acres to go 'mad' and build whatever they feel will work best.
I was thinking maybe they could ask Birmingham Brummies speedway team if they would like to relocate back to Bordesley, building a track and arena on a par with the National speedway stadium, the Brummies have to move from Perry Barr stadium in 2025, although there is talk they are hoping to relocate to the Alexander stadium
11:25, Wed 27 Mar
And when we have "The Sphere" next to the ground people will be foaming at the gash to get involved
Paul Scholes could find Madeline Mccann with a pass
11:27, Wed 27 Mar
Squatnose
CastleBlue

you say it's the same second city, in name only I am afraid, we are overflowing by different cultures and inhabitants these days, who's interest in football is not great, and even if they are interested they are all Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, fans, we have lost a generation of Blues fans due to our shiteness over the years, going to be hard to get 50,000 odd ever again, will be tough enough to get 30,000

Gerry, what are your antecedents?, no tainted blood, I hope, just put Brum thoroughbred
11:28, Wed 27 Mar
What do you want Gerry? Do you want to aim at the moon or stay in the gutter? That's pretty much your choice right now.

Gutter for me please. Feels more homely.
11:30, Wed 27 Mar
number8
Obviously the best, but because of the way we have been over the last few years a lot of the younger kids have supported the more successful teams. We have to reach Man C type success to get to the 50,000+ fans people seem to be talking about, not saying that can't be done but I said it will be tough