10:54, Mon 29 Apr
Tandy
Cook/Gardner/Wagner know they have to appoint someone who's going to get us out of league one ASAP. They can't afford to gamble on a manager I don't think.

Then why gamble on Rowett a man with not a promotion on his CV?

Because he's had a very very solid record for most of his career with very few resources behind him. He'll be dropping down a level, and if you remember, when we hired him first time round he was flying with Burton in League Two.

His lack of promotion on his CV will be an extra driving force for him personally to get the club out of League One.

I'm not saying he's the best option, I'm saying as far as I've seen he's the only option. I'm still waiting for someone to suggest someone better that's realistic?

We're also all saying that this squad has talent but needs some more, dare I say it, Rowett-esque players.

I won't be disappointed if we don't appoint him, I'm not some big Rowett fan boy - I'm just trying to provide some balance to the reverse opinion on him that seems to be very rife that he's awful and would be a terrible appointment.

Still digesting this prospect, but right now I'd rather have Rowett that Jesse Marsch.
10:55, Mon 29 Apr
Tandy
But Rowett isn't as bad as people are making out. ~ 40% win rate in most of his managerial jobs (barring Stoke).

So he’s got a 40% win rate… except when he doesn’t.

In the vast majority of his jobs, yeah.
10:58, Mon 29 Apr
NO MORE DVBS.
10:58, Mon 29 Apr
Tandy
Cook/Gardner/Wagner know they have to appoint someone who's going to get us out of league one ASAP. They can't afford to gamble on a manager I don't think.

Then why gamble on Rowett a man with not a promotion on his CV?

Because he's had a very very solid record for most of his career with very few resources behind him. He'll be dropping down a level, and if you remember, when we hired him first time round he was flying with Burton in League Two.

His lack of promotion on his CV will be an extra driving force for him personally to get the club out of League One.

I'm not saying he's the best option, I'm saying as far as I've seen he's the only option. I'm still waiting for someone to suggest someone better that's realistic?

We're also all saying that this squad has talent but needs some more, dare I say it, Rowett-esque players.

I won't be disappointed if we don't appoint him, I'm not some big Rowett fan boy - I'm just trying to provide some balance to the reverse opinion on him that seems to be very rife that he's awful and would be a terrible appointment.

Still digesting this prospect, but right now I'd rather have Rowett that Jesse Marsch.

"with very few resources behind him."

have you seen the absolute fortune he pissed up the wall at Stoke ? Can you even remember some of the players he jizzed that money on ? No !! .. because they were all such abject failures that they have since disappeared without trace.

Choosing between Rowett and Jesse March is like asking whether i want my left bollock chewed off by a Doberman or my right bollock.
11:02, Mon 29 Apr
I can’t believe Rowett is going to take us down and people still want him permanently. It’s like a cult or something.
11:02, Mon 29 Apr
In the vast majority of his jobs, yeah.

Most murderers have spent the vast majority of days not murdering - would you let them off ?
11:03, Mon 29 Apr
El Mayor
I can’t believe Rowett is going to take us down and people still want him permanently. It’s like a cult or something.

I'd want him even less in L1 than in the Champ... and that's saying something.
11:05, Mon 29 Apr

Descibing Rowett as "a cult" is very nearly correct ... just a one letter typo
Tam
11:07, Mon 29 Apr
Rags

Descibing Rowett as "a cult" is very nearly correct ... just a one letter typo

Nothing celtic about him that I can see, to be fair.

Oh.
Make Blues Great Again
11:07, Mon 29 Apr
Rags
I get it Rags I really do, but seeing the suggestions on here, out of all of them Rowett is by far the most likely.

Cook/Gardner/Wagner know they have to appoint someone who's going to get us out of league one ASAP. They can't afford to gamble on a manager I don't think. And I don't remember the last time that nobody could come up with a realistic option for manager should we go down and Mowbray not return.

Caveating this all with the sincerest hope that Tony Fantastico does return. The only suggestion I can add is *if we stay up* I'd go back in for Steve Cooper. He's lost out on the palace job, and the stumbling blocks of no money to spend in Jan that reportedly stopped him from coming before will be removed.

There are not many managers who spring to mind who could have done a WORSE job in their approach to 3 out of our last 4 games.... Cardiff, Rotherham, Huddersfield.

Make no mistake .. if we go down it is Rowett's fault.
Yes, it wasn't his fault that we were in the position we were in, but we should have easily got 9 points from those 3 games and instead we aimed for 3 points and achieved 2 points.
Not Rowett's fault we were in the position - but definitely Rowett's fault we didn't get out of it.

.... and make no mistake, Rowett thought it would be piss easy - that's why he took the job. He's failed us and failed himself.

(and don't anyone quote anything that ROwett's ever said at me .... what Rowett says and what his real motivations are, and what he really means are completely different things)

I'm not sure I share the same opinion at all. There's a multitude of reasons we're going down, and I don't put much blame on Rowett. I don't believe he set the team up to play so poorly against those three. I can't believe he would not have stressed the point at HT to not concede early against Huddersfield in that second half, who would be throwing everything they had at us, try catch them on the counter and win it from there. That is entirely on the players falling asleep, it was shocking defensively and that's precisely what Rowett's strengths as a manager are.

I don't know what his motivations are, I'm not pretending to either. I'm speaking entirely on his ability as a football manager. Had Jay's goal stood at Rotherham, had Miyoshi not rolled it to the keeper, had we not fallen asleep 2 minutes into the second half at Huddersfield, had Jay's shot that went just wide go in... we'd all be talking very differently about him.

A manager can only put a team on the pitch with instructions on how to play. From there it's entirely up to the players.

Bar the Oli Burke thing which I've already said was shocking, how would people have set up differently in those games? Because if you're trying to say he set us up to draw them all then I disagree entirely. He knew as much as anyone else we had to win at least one of those 2 games.
11:11, Mon 29 Apr
Just seen all the other replies - fine, people don't want him and that's enough for me to rule him out.

I'm not going to spend all day arguing with people who disagree with me, I have my opinion and that's probably unlikely to change. But if he would be such an unpopular appointment then he's not one we can afford to make.

Let's hope Mowbray returns, or the club pull a rabbit out the hat in their next appointment.
11:12, Mon 29 Apr
It still feels wrong to debate it.
11:16, Mon 29 Apr
I’m just begging that Mowbray can come back, health permitting and his decision of course, cause I don’t want blues to have the headache of trying to find another manager next season.
11:22, Mon 29 Apr
Rags
I get it Rags I really do, but seeing the suggestions on here, out of all of them Rowett is by far the most likely.

Cook/Gardner/Wagner know they have to appoint someone who's going to get us out of league one ASAP. They can't afford to gamble on a manager I don't think. And I don't remember the last time that nobody could come up with a realistic option for manager should we go down and Mowbray not return.

Caveating this all with the sincerest hope that Tony Fantastico does return. The only suggestion I can add is *if we stay up* I'd go back in for Steve Cooper. He's lost out on the palace job, and the stumbling blocks of no money to spend in Jan that reportedly stopped him from coming before will be removed.

There are not many managers who spring to mind who could have done a WORSE job in their approach to 3 out of our last 4 games.... Cardiff, Rotherham, Huddersfield.

Make no mistake .. if we go down it is Rowett's fault.
Yes, it wasn't his fault that we were in the position we were in, but we should have easily got 9 points from those 3 games and instead we aimed for 3 points and achieved 2 points.
Not Rowett's fault we were in the position - but definitely Rowett's fault we didn't get out of it.

.... and make no mistake, Rowett thought it would be piss easy - that's why he took the job. He's failed us and failed himself.

(and don't anyone quote anything that ROwett's ever said at me .... what Rowett says and what his real motivations are, and what he really means are completely different things)

I'm not sure I share the same opinion at all. There's a multitude of reasons we're going down, and I don't put much blame on Rowett. I don't believe he set the team up to play so poorly against those three. I can't believe he would not have stressed the point at HT to not concede early against Huddersfield in that second half, who would be throwing everything they had at us, try catch them on the counter and win it from there. That is entirely on the players falling asleep, it was shocking defensively and that's precisely what Rowett's strengths as a manager are.

I don't know what his motivations are, I'm not pretending to either. I'm speaking entirely on his ability as a football manager. Had Jay's goal stood at Rotherham, had Miyoshi not rolled it to the keeper, had we not fallen asleep 2 minutes into the second half at Huddersfield, had Jay's shot that went just wide go in... we'd all be talking very differently about him.

A manager can only put a team on the pitch with instructions on how to play. From there it's entirely up to the players.

Bar the Oli Burke thing which I've already said was shocking, how would people have set up differently in those games? Because if you're trying to say he set us up to draw them all then I disagree entirely. He knew as much as anyone else we had to win at least one of those 2 games.

"A manager can only put a team on the pitch with instructions on how to play. From there it's entirely up to the players."

The players were told to sit deep and contain Rotherham for the first 65 minutes ...... they did that 100% as requested.

Rowett's idea of winning (aside from his famous "0-0 victories") is to first and foremost worry about the opposition. Yes he thought we'd win those games ... but win them by containing the opposition for the first 65 or 70 minutes and then try and do something to win them.... perhaps put Mark Roberts on to throw the ball 40 yards at Juke's head, for example
11:26, Mon 29 Apr
Rowett would be a bad choice regardless of division, but especially in League One. We need a manager who knows how to set a team up to break down defensive opposition, he's proven over a decade that he can't do it. Mowbray would be perfect, if not we will find someone else.
Happy Clapper