10:58, Sun 12 Jan
😆
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:59, Sun 12 Jan
Wouldn’t have put Lenny Henry above Rowan Atkinson myself

And surprised Tony Hancock isn’t on the list given his popularity at the time
11:08, Sun 12 Jan
Comedians or comedy actors?? Big difference.
Roj
11:15, Sun 12 Jan
An irrelevant list. You can find someone funny and the next man think he is rubbish, or you can just be in the mood to laugh at someone you don't find funny usually. Harry Hill I thought was hilarious on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown this last week and I am usually no fan of his humour.
11:22, Sun 12 Jan
No Frankie Boyle
11:34, Sun 12 Jan
Wingman Blue
Comedian? Or comic actor?

Stan Laurel, Peter Sellers and John Cleese were comic actors, they by and large delivered scripts ( which they often co-wrote and often extemporised).

If it was just a stand-up comedian, then in the last fifty years it has to be the Big Yin.

They did rationalise it by saying something very similar, ie Billy Connolly is principally a stand up and has done little else comedically compared to say Coogan who has written and starred in many shows, stand up and voice work.

To Billy’s credit, that he has finished so high up utilising just one sphere of comedy, is a testament to how highly he is revered within the industry.
11:48, Sun 12 Jan
No Sean Lock or Bob Mortimer?

Not for me thanks.
12:16, Sun 12 Jan
No Bernard Manning !!!!!! Totally Totally inexcusably outrageous
12:49, Sun 12 Jan
No Clarke ,Zola ,Cotterill ,Dong or DES ?
Ridiculous!
13:19, Sun 12 Jan
Roj
Roj
An irrelevant list. You can find someone funny and the next man think he is rubbish, or you can just be in the mood to laugh at someone you don't find funny usually. Harry Hill I thought was hilarious on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown this last week and I am usually no fan of his humour.

I saw him as a stand-up years ago & he was unbelievably good.

The lists needs to be stand-ups or comic actors.

It's like having a list of cricketers and footballers.

Also - Laurel is shit. No 1!!!!!
13:22, Sun 12 Jan
BCFC
No Frankie Boyle

His efforts on Mock the Week were absolutely brilliant every week.

Though I saw him headline off the back of it & 90 minutes of it ends up being a bit depressing.
13:25, Sun 12 Jan
Frank Skinner is also a brilliant stand-up.

I caught him in King's Heath where he had a residency a long time ago and he was hilarious every week.
13:41, Sun 12 Jan
Where's Chubby Brown? My fb feed puts Paul Smith at the Hot Water comedy club on and he is very funny.
13:45, Sun 12 Jan
Wingman Blue
Ricky

Number 21, if you had looked!

Sorry lazy reading by me
Wingman Blue
Ricky
Horses for courses most of them are comic actors, and those that are comedians are dross. No Dave Allen do me a favour!

Number 21, if you had looked!

nitpicking yes, and whilst Dave Allen is brilliamt in my opinion he is not British