18:16, Sat 23 Oct
Nikola Zigic
roger hynd
Nah
Nothing wrong with Hogan today

I'd like to see Graham in his preferred position eventually

Nothing wrong with Hogan?

Apart from the absolutely horrendous eff up of the easy 1 on 1 chance and being completely unable to stay inside for the rest of the game.

Come on.

While he can't link play like Troy, he's very good at getting into the right positions.
18:18, Sat 23 Oct
Robert Hopkins
yes Hogan should have scored the 1 on 1 but he also created the 1 on 1 by making the right run in the first place.

The disallowed goal looked like it was disallowed for a foul not offside, as there was a defender down 'injured'

The way the crowd supported him after his miss and when he went off suggests the Hogan haters are in the minority

Agreed,
What some folks don't understand is the chances he makes for himself like the wrongly disallowed goal and the admittedly bad miss after a great run
18:20, Sat 23 Oct
bluer than blues
Tiltonblue
roger hynd
Nah

I agree, it’s not his job to be in involved in the game and the sooner people realise that the better, it’s his job to be in the right position to prod it home, hopefully with someone with a bit of quality like Deeney next to him it will provide him more chances

Precisely and just how many of these tap ins has he squandered this season? As you point out, his role is limited and he should be doing better at the few things we need him to do.

How many opportunities does he get? He looks worse because he gets so many limited opportunities, even the best strikers are so good because they can convert let’s say 1 in 5 chances, Hogan literally gets 1 or 2. His header today was a prime example of getting in the right position and putting it home, it was also definitely on side
18:26, Sat 23 Oct
Robert Hopkins
yes Hogan should have scored the 1 on 1 but he also created the 1 on 1 by making the right run in the first place.

The disallowed goal looked like it was disallowed for a foul not offside, as there was a defender down 'injured'

The way the crowd supported him after his miss and when he went off suggests the Hogan haters are in the minority

The linesman's flag was in the position for offside not a foul. It was given for offside.
18:42, Sat 23 Oct
Agree..,Mcgree for Hogan is a must as he's missed 5 golden chances so far this season and zMcgree is quicker. Graham was assured as well...interesting
18:46, Sat 23 Oct
It’s a shame we’re losing McGree and that we haven’t played him more, he’s a solid player.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:59, Sat 23 Oct
Super Hans
It’s a shame we’re losing McGree and that we haven’t played him more, he’s a solid player.

I’m pretty sure I saw that we have a chance to sign him in jan if we want to.

Also Hogan played well today and he’s the only striker we have that runs in behind, it’s not his fault if the ball is played late. With all respects to Jute, I don’t think he has the vision to play that ball through to him today. He will do for now.
19:06, Sat 23 Oct
Not sure McGree is any quicker, he’s a tidy player but, I go with Deeney and Hogan again
What did the Knights in White satin?
19:11, Sat 23 Oct
Agree..,Mcgree for Hogan is a must as he's missed 5 golden chances so far this season and zMcgree is quicker. Graham was assured as well...interesting

Others have missed easier.

Including in the game today
19:16, Sat 23 Oct
I think as we know Hogan is a confidence player.If the disallowed goal which looked onside to me had stood then maybe the big miss doesn’t happen either.That said he should have scored.
Graham was great in the role and I must say that Robert’s and Sanderson can definitely play together.
If we look at the overall game we could easily have had 5 goals against a team in form so it’s a great result and we were easily the better side today.
Deeney was as is expected an inspiration and kept the team believing.
Well done to the supporters too for ensuring Hogan knows we forgave him his miss,it might help us later in the season.
19:31, Sat 23 Oct
Bluewurst

Others have missed easier.

Including in the game today

Eh? Today?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
19:34, Sat 23 Oct
Bluewurst
That wasn’t the worst miss today

He had a good game, his running off Deeney was a plus and changed the way we played

His disallowed goal looked close (looked like he came from behind the defender)
It was horrendous as was his timing of runs and looking across the line.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
Rosalita
Nikola Zigic
roger hynd
Nah

I'd like to see Graham in his preferred position eventually

Nothing wrong with Hogan?

Apart from the absolutely horrendous eff up of the easy 1 on 1 chance and being completely unable to stay inside for the rest of the game.

Come on.

While he can't link play like Troy, he's very good at getting into the right positions.

Maybe he could start finishing easy chances from those positions?

Thinking he misses too many chances doesn't make people "Hogan haters" as I'm seeing elsewhere in this thread.

I like many others clapped him off, that doesn't excuse chance after chance going begging.

If a centre half kept missing easy headers or tackles that resulted in us conceding, would people be as forgiving? Because missing a chance as simple as that today is as good as giving the opposition a goal, should it have finished 1-1 he'd have cost us 3 points.

He needs to improve, I hope he will.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
Gardner missed a completely open goal
19:35, Sat 23 Oct
Nose of Blue
Gardner missed a completely open goal

From 20 yards taken first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest it was comparable or easier.

I didn't even flinch when Gardner hit it, I just didn't expect it to go in at all.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”