11:33, Sat 2 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Robert Hopkins
Han't their Manager proved he can manage though ?
At League One/Two level in Scotland yeah and other nondescript leagues. They’re backing his approach. Good for them

And the Australian national team.
11:56, Sat 2 Dec
Le Mod
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod
He’s proven over many years that his methods work though, there was a thread in the summer where I was championing his appointment and was mocked for it.

He’s class and I love the way they play

In saying that the Spurs fans are being patient for now because they’ve had a brilliant start, he has credit in the bank, and they have loads of injuries

Our situation is a bit different because he’s come in and we’re consistently losing, there’s no credit in the bank, and he has an even stronger team available than the predecessor.

(Again, not advocating for the booing and moaning, I hate it, but the circumstances are different)
But what is achieved by not embracing the new way, the new owners we’ve craved see us playing to flourish?
I’ll say again that I understand that my outlook and mentality is different to most through things I’ve experienced, but before being ill, I’d still be giving things a chance and embracing the change after 12 years of being nowhere near the playoffs even after a few decent starts to the season playing not very entertaining football

Nothing, and I haven’t advocated not embracing it, I was pointing out the differences between the Ange/Spurs scenario and ours, since a comparison was being made, had they started with loads of defeats and bad performances they wouldn't have been so good in embracing the change.
It was only a question to you and others not aimed at your stance
Tony Fantastico
11:56, Sat 2 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Tha Project OBE
The Tottenham manager. Made some beautiful points in his press conference. I have no idea if Wayne thinks the same way, but he probably does.

[www.theguardian.com]
I posted yesterday and unsurprisingly got no reply, that I’d listened to a podcast with a spurs fan on and he was thrilled with how they’re playing despite the run of defeats and leaking of goals. The fans have embraced the change of mindset and are still clapping them off because they want to see good football despite not having the players to excel at the moment. Two full pullbacks playing centre half last game in Ben Davies and Emerson Royal. Their fans are helping them get through a sticky patch by SUPPORTING the team and manager/coaching staff.
Some of our fans heads would explode

The big difference that you still keep somehow not understanding is that they won games. On a bad run now yes, but he won games before people got injured.

We are losing. We have won one game and in the majority of those games we did not play good football or entertain our fans.

It's actually mental you have tried to compare the situations.
12:00, Sat 2 Dec
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
Robert Hopkins
Han't their Manager proved he can manage though ?
At League One/Two level in Scotland yeah and other nondescript leagues. They’re backing his approach. Good for them

And the Australian national team.
I know. But Southgate has managed England and lots wouldn’t want him
Tony Fantastico
12:03, Sat 2 Dec
CastleBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
Tha Project OBE
The Tottenham manager. Made some beautiful points in his press conference. I have no idea if Wayne thinks the same way, but he probably does.

[www.theguardian.com]
I posted yesterday and unsurprisingly got no reply, that I’d listened to a podcast with a spurs fan on and he was thrilled with how they’re playing despite the run of defeats and leaking of goals. The fans have embraced the change of mindset and are still clapping them off because they want to see good football despite not having the players to excel at the moment. Two full pullbacks playing centre half last game in Ben Davies and Emerson Royal. Their fans are helping them get through a sticky patch by SUPPORTING the team and manager/coaching staff.
Some of our fans heads would explode

The big difference that you still keep somehow not understanding is that they won games. On a bad run now yes, but he won games before people got injured.

We are losing. We have won one game and in the majority of those games we did not play good football or entertain our fans.

It's actually mental you have tried to compare the situations.
Mental is very subjective. I may think others are for abusing our manager in his second game and being seemingly disappointed in our win. I’ve experienced very mental mindsets, mine is fine. Glass well over half full and I’ll keep drinking it in and topping it back 👍
Tony Fantastico
“I don’t do what I do to prove a point,” Postecoglou says. “You look at the top teams and there is one common trait amongst them. They all have a plan, they invest in that plan and stick to it. They don’t shy away from it at the first difficulty.…”

“You can shy away, say we have injuries, we’re playing Man City away, but you’re either going to be a club that tries to knock off the big clubs or you are a big club. You are one or the other. You need to show some backbone.”

“I’m not trying to set up a team to beat City, I’m trying to set up a team to be successful. If that was enough“

Regardless of your view of Rooney. There’s nothing not to like in those comments, unless you hate football. And life. And love Jacob Rees Mogg.
20:14, Sat 2 Dec
HackneyBlue
Miss World
I seem to be the only person in the world that thinks he’s a chunt

not the only one

[x.com]

Beautifully summed up. His ‘Aussie Everyman’ schtick wears very thin very quickly for me.

In terms of his approach, he had a perfectly good centre half on the bench v villa but picked 4 fullbacks. I’m not having that putting Dier in for one of them would have been ‘against my philosophy mate’. Could have easily still played on the front foot with one proper defender instead of none and they’d have been better equipped to deal with the goals they shipped.
20:53, Sat 2 Dec
He’s a football ignoramus in my view. Don’t think it’s a shtick from the Spurs manager, it’s how he is what you see etc.
20:55, Sat 2 Dec
newblue
He’s a football ignoramus in my view. Don’t think it’s a shtick from the Spurs manager, it’s how he is what you see etc.

That’s his thing though isn’t it. “What you see is what you get mate. Look I’m just a simple guy from Melbourne.” Not for me 👍

[www.theguardian.com]

His Gung ho style and inability to see a game out has allowed the vile to slip into 4th, so I can't get aboard the Ange bus, right now.
07:56, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
“I don’t do what I do to prove a point,” Postecoglou says. “You look at the top teams and there is one common trait amongst them. They all have a plan, they invest in that plan and stick to it. They don’t shy away from it at the first difficulty.…”

“You can shy away, say we have injuries, we’re playing Man City away, but you’re either going to be a club that tries to knock off the big clubs or you are a big club. You are one or the other. You need to show some backbone.”

“I’m not trying to set up a team to beat City, I’m trying to set up a team to be successful. If that was enough“

Regardless of your view of Rooney. There’s nothing not to like in those comments, unless you hate football. And life. And love Jacob Rees Mogg.

Have to agree FB. It’s the right attitude to have
08:32, Mon 4 Dec
Tottenham have been a breath of fresh air this season. Very unlucky to lose against Wolves and Villa and the manager gets criticised for adopting a style that means supposedly his team can’t see a game out, ignoring the number of times they’ve won games and points in the last few minutes (including yesterday). And also that they’ve lost many key players (including their key player). Seems some people are suspicious of them for some reason want to knock their manager, it amazes me really. What is sport supposed to be?

One of the issues seems to be that people think it’s somehow letting Villa in. I think there are five better sides than Villa myself but we’ll see.
Not the only one.

Not the only one.

That makes me warm to him more.
foghorn leghorn

[www.theguardian.com]

His Gung ho style and inability to see a game out has allowed the vile to slip into 4th, so I can't get aboard the Ange bus, right now.

They probably only have to finish 5th for champions league anyway.

They'll finish above man u imo, and so will need both Newcastle and spurs to finish above them which I don't think will happen.