09:52, Mon 4 Dec
I was not particularly a fan of JE but he got these players battling and playing for each other as a team .Rooney's made them look like a bunch of mediocre individuals who met each other last week.
On a personal level I dont think Rooney on the whole is a very likeable person and the way he was appointed as Cooks best mate stinks with a huge proportion of the fans . I dont think his chances were great from day 1 because of this and he needs to pull something spectacular out of the bag soon for those fans to even tolerate his presence
09:54, Mon 4 Dec
That would be big of them. FFS, what a load of idiots if that is true.
09:56, Mon 4 Dec
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue
If some fans get their wish we will continue our poor form into Christmas. Drop close to bottom 3 and Cook will have to sack Rooney.

Many Blues will wet themselves with excitement that they were right all along.

We will appoint an arm round the shoulder, back the basics manager who believes possession football is for those superior teams like Sunderland, Blackburn and Hull. We grind out some results.

Next season we meander around 14th playing the same style, continuing to struggle to win away from home especially, get out of the cup competitions as early as we can. Owners know they can’t twist and progress with a new manager and style because they will get backlash but frankly don’t want to waste money on a club destined for mid table mediocre at best. Lose interest with a club horribly fractured and apathetic and sell to the first chancer that comes along.

Nope , I believe the stats they’ve shown towards possession based teams and promotion is correct .

The squad is capable and will be capable of playing front foot attacking football and I can’t wait because it’s been a long time coming and will be very exciting once implemented.

You can be the best coach in the world ( and I think wr is a good one ) but will mean nothing if you alienate the players and door get supporters onside.

Is it though? I don't believe that Rooney has lost the dressing room and if there are any players that have sulked since JE left or are against a more sophisticated style of play then it really doesn't reflect very well on them anyway.

Personally I just think that the players we have at the moment cannot play the football the manager and the owners want to play, not for sustained periods anyway. There are a smattering of those with the talent to do so, both full backs, Koji, James, Stansfield maybe.

Rooney does need to adapt but keep the same philosophy which is very difficult especially with current form and little patience from supporters. Enough blood and snot to grind out much needed wins but enough adaption to move us forward. And to buy enough time to limp towards what surely has to be a busy January window?

I agree we have players who struggle to adapt to the new football. You have players like Sanderson and bielek who probably felt invincible 2 months ago and they probably believed they were among the best in the division in their position.

The lack of ability to transition to the new style has impacted their confidence and self belief. This heightens their insecurities when they can’t master a 5 yard pass and get 20,000 fans screaming and shouting .

They’re not robots , the players confidence is on the floor. The response to pick them up is , ‘you need to grow a pair and if you don’t adjust you’ll be gone’ .

I can’t remember a recent time when public lambasting had such a positive outcome .

We all know , hogan juke Sunjic, etheridge long , Roberts, Burke etc won’t be here come the summer (hopefully sooner)

We know Bielek, Sanderson , aiwu, ruddy may be replaced aswell . The players aren’t stupid they know that . But in the short term Rooney needs these players onside.

In the meantime how do you manage the situation?

How do you get players who are soon to be surplus to requirements to run through brick walls for you. How do you motivate ? How do you get the best out of what you’ve got ? How do you lead this institution ?

My back ground is psychology so for me it’s not that difficult. I can understand the pressures that championship football has and the spotlight you’re under . But this is where leaders come to the fore and not install a seemingly divided environment.

Simple you say? Can someone please advise Garry Cook that we have a person, right here, who can give Wayne appropriate advice on managing pressure.

This could save our season.
10:16, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue
If some fans get their wish we will continue our poor form into Christmas. Drop close to bottom 3 and Cook will have to sack Rooney.

We will appoint an arm round the shoulder, back the basics manager who believes possession football is for those superior teams like Sunderland, Blackburn and Hull. We grind out some results.

Next season we meander around 14th playing the same style, continuing to struggle to win away from home especially, get out of the cup competitions as early as we can. Owners know they can’t twist and progress with a new manager and style because they will get backlash but frankly don’t want to waste money on a club destined for mid table mediocre at best. Lose interest with a club horribly fractured and apathetic and sell to the first chancer that comes along.

Nope , I believe the stats they’ve shown towards possession based teams and promotion is correct .

The squad is capable and will be capable of playing front foot attacking football and I can’t wait because it’s been a long time coming and will be very exciting once implemented.

You can be the best coach in the world ( and I think wr is a good one ) but will mean nothing if you alienate the players and door get supporters onside.

Is it though? I don't believe that Rooney has lost the dressing room and if there are any players that have sulked since JE left or are against a more sophisticated style of play then it really doesn't reflect very well on them anyway.

Personally I just think that the players we have at the moment cannot play the football the manager and the owners want to play, not for sustained periods anyway. There are a smattering of those with the talent to do so, both full backs, Koji, James, Stansfield maybe.

Rooney does need to adapt but keep the same philosophy which is very difficult especially with current form and little patience from supporters. Enough blood and snot to grind out much needed wins but enough adaption to move us forward. And to buy enough time to limp towards what surely has to be a busy January window?

I agree we have players who struggle to adapt to the new football. You have players like Sanderson and bielek who probably felt invincible 2 months ago and they probably believed they were among the best in the division in their position.

The lack of ability to transition to the new style has impacted their confidence and self belief. This heightens their insecurities when they can’t master a 5 yard pass and get 20,000 fans screaming and shouting .

They’re not robots , the players confidence is on the floor. The response to pick them up is , ‘you need to grow a pair and if you don’t adjust you’ll be gone’ .

I can’t remember a recent time when public lambasting had such a positive outcome .

We all know , hogan juke Sunjic, etheridge long , Roberts, Burke etc won’t be here come the summer (hopefully sooner)

We know Bielek, Sanderson , aiwu, ruddy may be replaced aswell . The players aren’t stupid they know that . But in the short term Rooney needs these players onside.

How do you get players who are soon to be surplus to requirements to run through brick walls for you. How do you motivate ? How do you get the best out of what you’ve got ? How do you lead this institution ?

My back ground is psychology so for me it’s not that difficult. I can understand the pressures that championship football has and the spotlight you’re under . But this is where leaders come to the fore and not install a seemingly divided environment.

Simple you say? Can someone please advise Garry Cook that we have a person, right here, who can give Wayne appropriate advice on managing pressure.

There’s many sports psychologists a lot more qualified than me who can pinpoint rooneys inability to manage pressure whilst at blues .

That actually wasn’t the point I made though , I was highlighting his lack of leadership when in a pressurised environment .

As already stated , I reckon he has a good footballing brain , I think he’s a good coach, having brought 3-4 coaches in , I’m guessing he doesn’t deliver a lot on the training ground . He’s responsible instead for the man management , the culture , the leadership , and being the face of the club all of which are as important as the coaching itself.
10:25, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

There’s many sports psychologists a lot more qualified than me who can pinpoint rooneys inability to manage pressure whilst at blues .

That actually wasn’t the point I made though , I was highlighting his lack of leadership when in a pressurised environment .

As already stated , I reckon he has a good footballing brain , I think he’s a good coach, having brought 3-4 coaches in , I’m guessing he doesn’t deliver a lot on the training ground . He’s responsible instead for the man management , the culture , the leadership , and being the face of the club all of which are as important as the coaching itself.

As a psychologist, would you generally recommend that you can analyse a persons capabilities without ever having talked to them, or talked to the people that they interact with on a daily basis, or having watched them perform their day to day tasks?
10:27, Mon 4 Dec
NOWT.....NEXT.
10:31, Mon 4 Dec
Dolph
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

I'm just flabbergasted. Players that were signed under Cook's watch this summer and were playing well pre-Rooney and were regarded as good signings by the fanbase are now too crap. 😂

Yet this is a sign of the club being run well...

Why are these players being lambasted? To defend a manager that has started poorly and has done nothing in his career to date.

It's just madness.
10:43, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

As a psychologist, would you generally recommend that you can analyse a persons capabilities without ever having talked to them, or talked to the people that they interact with on a daily basis, or having watched them perform their day to day tasks?

I’m not a psychologist my background is in psychology .
However based on the following , I can get a good insight into rooney’s leadership skills.

His statement of being calm and patient , yet contradicting himself ruling by fear saying players will be gone if they can’t do what he’s asking , and telling them to grow some balls .

His throwing his arms in the air on the touch line once a player makes a mistake - thus players on the bench will be fearful of expressing themselves knowing they’ll be lambasted. Again contradicting his ‘calm and patient ‘ statement .

Despite 20 years in front of a camera , still erm erming . I have full respect that someone from a working class environment has been thrust into a pressure cooker , but after 20 years there has to be some form of confidence and authority when public speaking.

Players confidence has taken a hit because he naievley tried changing too soon , now he’s stuck with the 25 players he’s lambasted publically for the next 6 or 7 games . Even after we have a mini overall , they’ll be players at this club , training every day who will be part of a culture who will be lacking confidence and will have wrongly down tooled based on his public criticism and lack of leadership .
11:00, Mon 4 Dec
Wowden
I was not particularly a fan of JE but he got these players battling and playing for each other as a team .Rooney's made them look like a bunch of mediocre individuals who met each other last week.
On a personal level I dont think Rooney on the whole is a very likeable person and the way he was appointed as Cooks best mate stinks with a huge proportion of the fans . I dont think his chances were great from day 1 because of this and he needs to pull something spectacular out of the bag soon for those fans to even tolerate his presence

Did JE though? I agree he managed to find cohesion in small bursts of good form but the teams both last season and during those first 10 games we had a team that looked mired in self doubt and poor performance.

I think JE would have got better results in these games than Rooney because his way with the players and his style of play would have probably carried us through against Hull and also Rotherham. Other than that I guess I believe there would have been little difference in points tally.
11:06, Mon 4 Dec
Dolph
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

However based on the following , I can get a good insight into rooney’s leadership skills.

His statement of being calm and patient , yet contradicting himself ruling by fear saying players will be gone if they can’t do what he’s asking , and telling them to grow some balls .

His throwing his arms in the air on the touch line once a player makes a mistake - thus players on the bench will be fearful of expressing themselves knowing they’ll be lambasted. Again contradicting his ‘calm and patient ‘ statement .

Despite 20 years in front of a camera , still erm erming . I have full respect that someone from a working class environment has been thrust into a pressure cooker , but after 20 years there has to be some form of confidence and authority when public speaking.

Players confidence has taken a hit because he naievley tried changing too soon , now he’s stuck with the 25 players he’s lambasted publically for the next 6 or 7 games . Even after we have a mini overall , they’ll be players at this club , training every day who will be part of a culture who will be lacking confidence and will have wrongly down tooled based on his public criticism and lack of leadership .

I am not a psychologist but I suspect Rooney didn't realise how much he would be hated from day one.

1) Because of the general positive feeling of the media & fans towards JE
2) Because the fear of Zola MKII
3) Because of a dislike of him as a person, which is totally out of order IMHO

He is probably already out of ideas and under so much pressure from everyone. The fans who either hate him already or are struggling to take his side now because of results. The board who can see the feelgood factor destroyed. The media who are keen for him to be another Gerrard or Lampard story and probably his family who can't enjoy being decamped to a city who seem to dislike their husband, dad.

So when he sees Sanderson & co getting the absolute basics wrong he is probably reacting out of desperation.
11:07, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

Not really an evidence based analysis is it. All managers react theatrically whils standing in their technical areas during a game. It’s what he does and says through the week that matters most. And you have no insight into that.

How many players has lambasted publicly? Name names. Then tell us what you KNOW about their reaction. You can dress your words up with all the finery you want, but it just looks like guesswork to me. On a par with World Class Raspers
11:15, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

Not really an evidence based analysis is it. All managers react theatrically whils standing in their technical areas during a game. It’s what he does and says through the week that matters most. And you have no insight into that.

How many players has lambasted publicly? Name names. Then tell us what you KNOW about their reaction. You can dress your words up with all the finery you want, but it just looks like guesswork to me. On a par with World Class Raspers

I think the output of what he does and says during the week , and how they react , the evidence will be 3pm on a Saturday .

I think the players form , the players confidence, the results and style of play speak for themselves .

8 games in you should be seeing some form of progression, at least against a Rotherham side who came very close to winning away for the 1st time in 14 months.