06:23, Mon 4 Dec
I’m very much in the minority but I think he’s alright tbh. I see a fighter when I think of him as a player.

I do believe he’s got a decent footballing brain which doesn’t mean he won’t make mistakes but I do trust him on this.

I definitely prefer his post match interviews to his predecessor tbh. Ignore the Erm’s and he does construct decent sentences.

Love how he wants to give youth players a chance.
06:25, Mon 4 Dec
GARRY COOK'S GLASSES
For me it was, haven't seen us dominate on the front foot like that, especially against a top side like Ipswich.

Really? Just of the top of my head I can think of the 5-0 demolition of Portsmouth where we scored 5 minutes in. We wiped the floor with them. I think you've gone slightly into hyperbole there.
06:58, Mon 4 Dec
Portsmouth were on a bad run that season and Millwall had 9 men when we gave them 6.

Ipswich definitely stacks up, we were sensational.
07:12, Mon 4 Dec
Give over. It was a decent performance but sensational? The most dominant in 20 years? There are myriad performances that have been much better in that time span.
07:37, Mon 4 Dec
Football is a results business and Wayne's first 8 games have been abysmal, we are not playing his stated way of playing, the first team look like a shadow of their former selves and crowds are falling like our league position is. We clearly do need a change in style so I hope Wayne can turn it around but publicly lambasting our squad is not the way to go even if it's merited.
I like Wayne and maybe I'm in the minority but I'll support anyone who represents us as a club.

I like his ambition and his belief in what he can do with the team given time, it's refreshing.

I like the interviews he doesn't beat around the bush and says it how it is.

I personally don't understand why people dispise him so much, we have been shit for 10 years nothing is new and changing us into a proper footballing team is going to take time and players.

We have one of England's greatest ever managing us with great new owners and its up there the most negative I've seen us fans since the cup win, we couldn't of dreamed this would happen a few years ago!

Up the effing blues!
07:54, Mon 4 Dec
Le Mod
I’m struggling to think of anything so far

On the pitch it’s a chaotic mess

Off the pitch he speaks about players expressing themselves and playing with freedom, wants players to take risks and pleads for patience, but publicly lambasts them when they make errors and now tells them to grow a pair

No wonder the plays look confused

This in a nutshell. Yet he doesn’t panic and he’s calm

Does he genuinely believe he’ll get a reaction at Cov the way he’s chucked the squad under the bus .

It’s 2023, you can’t speak about footballers like that and expect to get a positive outcome . It’s basic man management.
‘You won’t be here unless you play as I want’
players will be playing out of fear. You can’t say that and expect them to play freely in front of 20,000 angry spectators . They’ve got a right to be angry , they’re not robots, you can understand why they’re lacking confidence .

Who’s the one knitting it all together?

He lacks the emotional control , the ability to manage and the ability to lead .
We have no footprint , no identity and I genuinely can’t see who we will next win against . Stoke maybe ?
Easy to perform in the free hit games . I think under zola we drew 0-0 against runaway leaders Newcastle.

I’m not advocating for a JE who protects his players at all costs , there can be a happy medium of having a coach who isn’t emotionally erratic .

This project will work out , but Rooney will not. Would not be against Carl Robinson or Cole taking charge .

Positives? I like JJ’s form and the minutes he’s given to Donavon.
08:17, Mon 4 Dec
If some fans get their wish we will continue our poor form into Christmas. Drop close to bottom 3 and Cook will have to sack Rooney.

Many Blues will wet themselves with excitement that they were right all along.

We will appoint an arm round the shoulder, back the basics manager who believes possession football is for those superior teams like Sunderland, Blackburn and Hull. We grind out some results.

Next season we meander around 14th playing the same style, continuing to struggle to win away from home especially, get out of the cup competitions as early as we can. Owners know they can’t twist and progress with a new manager and style because they will get backlash but frankly don’t want to waste money on a club destined for mid table mediocre at best. Lose interest with a club horribly fractured and apathetic and sell to the first chancer that comes along.
08:23, Mon 4 Dec
GBBlue
If some fans get their wish we will continue our poor form into Christmas. Drop close to bottom 3 and Cook will have to sack Rooney.

We will appoint an arm round the shoulder, back the basics manager who believes possession football is for those superior teams like Sunderland, Blackburn and Hull. We grind out some results.

Next season we meander around 14th playing the same style, continuing to struggle to win away from home especially, get out of the cup competitions as early as we can. Owners know they can’t twist and progress with a new manager and style because they will get backlash but frankly don’t want to waste money on a club destined for mid table mediocre at best. Lose interest with a club horribly fractured and apathetic and sell to the first chancer that comes along.

Nope , I believe the stats they’ve shown towards possession based teams and promotion is correct .

The squad is capable and will be capable of playing front foot attacking football and I can’t wait because it’s been a long time coming and will be very exciting once implemented.

You can be the best coach in the world ( and I think wr is a good one ) but will mean nothing if you alienate the players and door get supporters onside.
08:41, Mon 4 Dec
45 mins against Ipswich, 30 mins against Blackburn
08:51, Mon 4 Dec
I’d say a bit more than that overall but really it has been mostly pretty poor and rather chaotic, as those more critical than I have said. I’m not sure we had a great level of performance at all from the previous manager either but there was less to go wrong. We didn’t really set up to control games and sat deep.

The criticism I have of the critics is lack of patience and the sheer bilious nature of a lot of the criticism directed as the manager which seems to carry a lot of personal animus for some reason, and has from day one - whether it’s because he’s famous, or the way he’s been projected by the club in his appointment, or that he’s a scouser who can’t string a sentence together. The performances have been a long way below what we want and we’re all keen to see them (and results) get a lot better. Why we can’t calm down somewhat and leave the insults to fans of other clubs is somewhat beyond me though.
08:56, Mon 4 Dec
And that's the biggest problem now I think.

The fan base is so divided that I'm struggling to see a way out of this (for Rooney) unless results dramatically imrove very quickly.

Telling people to 'calm down' or 'if you can't support Rooney then support the club' evidently doesn't work with too many of our fans, and that will have inevitable consequences.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
08:59, Mon 4 Dec
I’m fully behind Rooney, I think he will weed out the players he doesn’t think are good enough and there’s a few of them still if we want to improve.

I think he’s got to be careful doing it until we are in a position where replacements can be sourced. We’ve seen before how things can change in this league and two bad results can shift the league 5/6 places.

I think he’s got a fair point that too many of the players don’t take on responsibility and wait for others to take it on.

I don’t think the system we are playing helps beilik, Sanderson and ruddy who have been 3 big players for us. But they will either adapt or go.

Jordan James, Bacuna and Dembele of late are the 3 main ones to show a willingness to adapt

Laird and Buchanan are just class in general.

I’d be dropping Aiwu pretty quickly, he slows everything down

Our fans have been impatient drama queens for the last decade really. The premier league spoiled lots.
09:04, Mon 4 Dec
Dolph
GBBlue

Nope , I believe the stats they’ve shown towards possession based teams and promotion is correct .

The squad is capable and will be capable of playing front foot attacking football and I can’t wait because it’s been a long time coming and will be very exciting once implemented.

You can be the best coach in the world ( and I think wr is a good one ) but will mean nothing if you alienate the players and door get supporters onside.

Is it though? I don't believe that Rooney has lost the dressing room and if there are any players that have sulked since JE left or are against a more sophisticated style of play then it really doesn't reflect very well on them anyway.

Personally I just think that the players we have at the moment cannot play the football the manager and the owners want to play, not for sustained periods anyway. There are a smattering of those with the talent to do so, both full backs, Koji, James, Stansfield maybe.

Rooney does need to adapt but keep the same philosophy which is very difficult especially with current form and little patience from supporters. Enough blood and snot to grind out much needed wins but enough adaption to move us forward. And to buy enough time to limp towards what surely has to be a busy January window?
09:30, Mon 4 Dec
GBBlue
Dolph
GBBlue

Is it though? I don't believe that Rooney has lost the dressing room and if there are any players that have sulked since JE left or are against a more sophisticated style of play then it really doesn't reflect very well on them anyway.

Personally I just think that the players we have at the moment cannot play the football the manager and the owners want to play, not for sustained periods anyway. There are a smattering of those with the talent to do so, both full backs, Koji, James, Stansfield maybe.

Rooney does need to adapt but keep the same philosophy which is very difficult especially with current form and little patience from supporters. Enough blood and snot to grind out much needed wins but enough adaption to move us forward. And to buy enough time to limp towards what surely has to be a busy January window?

I agree we have players who struggle to adapt to the new football. You have players like Sanderson and bielek who probably felt invincible 2 months ago and they probably believed they were among the best in the division in their position.

The lack of ability to transition to the new style has impacted their confidence and self belief. This heightens their insecurities when they can’t master a 5 yard pass and get 20,000 fans screaming and shouting .

They’re not robots , the players confidence is on the floor. The response to pick them up is , ‘you need to grow a pair and if you don’t adjust you’ll be gone’ .

I can’t remember a recent time when public lambasting had such a positive outcome .

We all know , hogan juke Sunjic, etheridge long , Roberts, Burke etc won’t be here come the summer (hopefully sooner)

We know Bielek, Sanderson , aiwu, ruddy may be replaced aswell . The players aren’t stupid they know that . But in the short term Rooney needs these players onside.

In the meantime how do you manage the situation?

How do you get players who are soon to be surplus to requirements to run through brick walls for you. How do you motivate ? How do you get the best out of what you’ve got ? How do you lead this institution ?

My back ground is psychology so for me it’s not that difficult. I can understand the pressures that championship football has and the spotlight you’re under . But this is where leaders come to the fore and not install a seemingly divided environment.