I'd take success this season as just embedding a new style and coasting to 10th-12th in the table. That looks like a pipedream at the moment though on both counts.
KES
11:49, Mon 4 Dec
A lot of what the CEO and Ownership has said about a front foot, progressive and modern style of football required is admirable but they should have employed someone who has had success in implementing that style of play. No one would have said Rooney was the best person to carry that task out. Thats a massive mistake.
11:52, Mon 4 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
quark
Iain_Gavin
That’ll do the trick

Yep! Not only are they not good enough. Now they are cowards
I'm sure this is helping club moral
Rooneys job is to get the players playing the style he wants. Him and fans saying they aren’t good enough is rubbish. Bielsa took over from Heckingbottom at Leeds who weren’t a free flowing football side and he still managed to turn Liam Cooper into prime Ramos and Luke Ayling into Cafu. Big Ange has got spurs purring after playing a different style for years and losing the worlds best number 9. McKenna has revitalised Ipswich from mid table league one to 2nd in the Championship. Corberan done it to Albion. Howe to Newcastle. All playing their style with players perceived as crap. Howe and Corberan have really showed how crap Bruce has been for so long

Some really good points there. Bielsa turning bang average Leeds players into decent players, again proves the point that it can be done. Though that was Bielsa, and this is Rooney, and I don’t believe he can do it personally. Maybe given more time it’ll click but I can’t see it. We just seen to be doing as well as expected for appointing an unproven and inexperienced manager, of which you could argue would not have got the job on his credentials, but has got it for his name.
11:53, Mon 4 Dec
KES
Definitely this. If we bin Rooney, then we shouldn’t bring someone like rowett back, but someone that has better success and more experience to play this style they want.
12:59, Mon 4 Dec
Or go through a professional application and selection process to identify and recruit the best person possible for the role.
13:06, Mon 4 Dec
Yeah definitely, and not someone who is a big name and mates with the CEO.
13:32, Mon 4 Dec
Freddie Pickering
Waggeh
Freddie Pickering
We all know what's coming pathetic December and turgid January. I don't care who's to blame, they need to get there arses into gear before it's to late.

You can change the manager, the owner and even the team but one thing is set in stone, as soon the weather turns to shit so do Blues.

I blame the gypsy's curse.

Cant we find a gypsy that likes us to take the curse away.
They need to stop sleepwalking into the relegation battle.

I always think it's the pitch that's the problem around now, but we'll see because I think it's much better this season.
14:59, Mon 4 Dec
Big Ange saying it as it should be said
[x.com]
Tony Fantastico
Nikola Zigic
ZLAMMER
We are trying to get better, we will get better, I have no doubts about that, but it is important the players know and understand like today when it’s not good enough. That is my responsibility. I have to make sure they are better than they were today so hopefully today was a one-off.”

The headline is incendiary. The actual article isn't that bad.

Delivered in a calm and measured way too.

Well said H.
Totally misleading headline (there's a shock!) from the Mail again. He was calm (even they admitted that) and was just being honest - why would he be happy with that game? Honestly some on here can't wait to see him fail - that's the honest impression I'm getting and why I've been keeping out of a lot of the stuff on here.
Up the feckin Blues
19:11, Mon 4 Dec
We’re going to tear ourselves apart unless we get behind Rooney and the team. Knighthead will come to the conclusion they bought the wrong club and go elsewhere.
19:18, Mon 4 Dec
We’re going to tear ourselves apart unless we get behind Rooney and the team. Knighthead will come to the conclusion they bought the wrong club and go elsewhere.

They’re not going anywhere. We’re central to other things for them.