09:42, Mon 4 Dec
The players are to blame. It’s not Rooney’s fault that they are crap & can’t do the basics needed to win a football match. We can see what Rooney is trying to implement. Support Rooney & back Wagner & co as we have never had it so good regarding owners.
09:46, Mon 4 Dec
Nikola Zigic
My Blue Heaven
I don’t think tough love works with some in our changing room, it hasn’t before

Poor Juke will be getting Vietnam flashbacks of bowyer and Karanka

Jukey will be fine mate, he's one of the few that can handle it I think.

Rooney has already name checked him as a leader.

Regardless of whether I agree, it comes back to this:

The players had no problem winning games, playing well, scoring goals or battling 2 months ago.

What's changed? The players or the manager?

Time for some humility from Rooney for me, golden rule of management is praise publicly criticise privately.

The board will back him even if the fans turn, they can't afford to sack him on a whim. He will get until March and if we're in the shit he'll go as they also can't afford relegation.

Let's just hope the signings made in Jan (and the summer if he's here) suit a style and future blueprint rather than just a manager.

My final point, whilst Rooney/the performances/results have been shite since he came in I think the fans have also been an absolute disgrace.

The fans set the tone against Hull- vile and negative. There was no encouragement, welcome or even just a willingness to give him a chance from many supporters.

This is partly, not all, partly the fans fault too. It shames me.

Just to say, I don’t think this is wholly true; we had some dire performances two months ago as well, particularly away from home.

I agree we look terrible but let’s not pretend it was all brilliant before.
Birmingham Mail
Wayne Rooney was furious with his Birmingham City players after the dire 0-0 draw with Rotherham United on Saturday

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

For what it’s worth most of us knew the writing was on the wall for the previous Manager after the Norwich game, the only issue l had was by whom he was replaced. The portents have all come true so far, no CV, no track record etc etc. BUT after watching Saturday Rooney was right to lay into them imo.

He lambasted them as a team, he rightly exonerated JJ from blame, and l’m sure the boos were aimed at the team and the performance, not at Rooney.

If they do have the balls we’ll maybe see a reaction at Coventry, if they don’t then maybe they’ve not got the right temperament to be the winners we want them to be.

I’m not a Rooney fan or apologist, but he said after the game what l felt too.
They were winning plenty of matches prior to his appointment.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:48, Mon 4 Dec
l’m sure the boos were aimed at the team and the performance, not at Rooney.

You've got to be joking.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:48, Mon 4 Dec
Super Hans

Plenty of matches ???
09:50, Mon 4 Dec
BluesJiuJitsu
Super Hans

Plenty of matches ???

We’d won 5 of 11 prior.

We’ve won 1 of 8 since.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:51, Mon 4 Dec
While I agree that what he said needed saying to the players, for me it didn’t need saying in public to the press. I just don’t see how it motivates them or gets them to play better, especially when some are probably already aware they’re surplus to requirements and are going to get binned.

The booing and vitriol was definitely aimed at Rooney as well.
09:51, Mon 4 Dec
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
My Blue Heaven

The players had no problem winning games, playing well, scoring goals or battling 2 months ago.

Time for some humility from Rooney for me, golden rule of management is praise publicly criticise privately.

The board will back him even if the fans turn, they can't afford to sack him on a whim. He will get until March and if we're in the shit he'll go as they also can't afford relegation.

Let's just hope the signings made in Jan (and the summer if he's here) suit a style and future blueprint rather than just a manager.

My final point, whilst Rooney/the performances/results have been shite since he came in I think the fans have also been an absolute disgrace.

The fans set the tone against Hull- vile and negative. There was no encouragement, welcome or even just a willingness to give him a chance from many supporters.

Just to say, I don’t think this is wholly true; we had some dire performances two months ago as well, particularly away from home.

They were fifth in the table (points from 15th irrelevant, they were fifth on merit) were unbeaten at home and at no point looked like losing a home game. Not perfect but well drilled and clearly giving their all. This ignores the two excellent performances in Eustace's last two games.

We were insipid away at Watford and Norwich. Awful. Preston, we played ok and caused our own downfall.

Well we've also been awful in 7 of the 8 games so far, home and away.

At no point did I suggest it was brilliant before but it was patently significantly better than it is now.

As the post above said, we had a 45% win ratio prior and now have a 12.5% ratio.

On every metric we were significantly better.

Goals scored per game
Goals conceded per game
Games won
Games won from losing positions
Games won from winning positions

Not brilliant, but miles better.

Just to clarify, again for the 100th time, this has nothing to do with pining for the previous manager but it is my argument for this ridiculous notion that the players all of a sudden aren't good enough.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:54, Mon 4 Dec
Wayne .Mate .They were doing all right before you rocked up .Tell you anything does it??
David Xavis
Le Mod
There’s lots of contradictory messaging, imo

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

Combination of Rooney and the fans on a matchday for me, got fans berating every loose pass and backwards pass doesn't help either.

I really am starting to think this isn't gonna end well. Absolutely stinks of years gone by. Urgh.

Part of the irony of his comments is he's essentially giving licence to anyone wanting to berate a stray pass though isn't he, being as some want to make this the players' fault rather than his. So you end up with pockets of both 'anti-Rooney' and 'pro-Rooney' factions in the ground creating negativity, rather than at least those bought in being more supportive. His comments might work to motivate the players, who knows, but they seem to just add to the toxicity.
Rab C Nesbitt
newblue
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod
There’s lots of contradictory messaging, imo

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

I personally think you have some credit in the bank and the unwavering respect of the players before you go nuclear with stuff like this. Some will respond to it, others won’t, and I think we will likely get a disjointed performance at Cov
I’m always a show me on the pitch type, rather than talk to me type. Actions over words. I’ve said he’s very honest but there’s only so many times a manager can get away with lambasting the players. And I don’t want to keep hearing it anyway.
I also think as fans there’s only so many times that you need to vent your anger towards your own team and manager and some have crossed the line and aren’t helping either. Booing Ruddy’s name before kick off and berating every misplaced pass is as helpful to the players as their manager calling them out every other game. Support the bastards

The Mail and media want to ramp it up too and that’s all I was pointing out. I agree with what you say. I missed the game Saturday as I was away at a do, did Ruddy’s name actually get booed? I honestly think some fans go there because they have some sort of need to be vitriolic and it’s an arena in which they give themselves permission. Why would anyone do that?
Someone said a few booed his name when it was read out, yeah. Pratts. And those singing for Eustace are

Yes, this by us in the Kop. Admittedly only a few, and maybe in a bit of a gallows humour pantomime groan style. That said, it was happening with Hogan earlier in the season - some always need at least one scapegoat don't they?
You’re right it does add to the toxicity, so not only is it prevalent in the stands, it’s likely present in the dressing room as well. We are really in serious trouble unless it gets better.
10:12, Mon 4 Dec
Waggeh
Freddie Pickering
We all know what's coming pathetic December and turgid January. I don't care who's to blame, they need to get there arses into gear before it's to late.

You can change the manager, the owner and even the team but one thing is set in stone, as soon the weather turns to shit so do Blues.

I blame the gypsy's curse.

Cant we find a gypsy that likes us to take the curse away.
They need to stop sleepwalking into the relegation battle.
10:19, Mon 4 Dec
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
My Blue Heaven

Yes we did 👍
Tony Fantastico