22:45, Sun 3 Dec
Wayne Rooney was furious with his Birmingham City players after the dire 0-0 draw with Rotherham United on Saturday

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
00:45, Mon 4 Dec
That’ll do the trick
He needs to man up and get his own act together and stop this nonsense of blaming players.
07:11, Mon 4 Dec
Latchfordfrancishatton
He needs to man up and get his own act together and stop this nonsense of blaming players.

This.

They were doing fine before he showed up.

Time for a period of self-reflection - not for slagging off the players.

Worrying.
07:36, Mon 4 Dec
i always find the “they look good in training” message a funny one

in training, it’s the squad either playing against itself or a bunch of cones - either way, i don’t think it’s much assessment of match play !
07:38, Mon 4 Dec
Iain_Gavin
That’ll do the trick

Standard response from our Wayne.
I've never known a manager to consistently blame the players like he does. As much as it hurts me to say this, it's really not going work is it?
07:49, Mon 4 Dec
He really needs to eff the eff off.
07:57, Mon 4 Dec
"It's the players fault, not mine!"

Give it a rest wayne.
The cold never bothered me anyway
08:02, Mon 4 Dec
We are trying to get better, we will get better, I have no doubts about that, but it is important the players know and understand like today when it’s not good enough. That is my responsibility. I have to make sure they are better than they were today so hopefully today was a one-off.”
08:07, Mon 4 Dec
eff off Wayne
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:14, Mon 4 Dec
The arrogant trait that wayne displays, may have served him well as a player, but it will be his downfall, as manager of blues.

Humble yourself, if you see yourself as the man with a long term future. Otherwise he's just providing the bullets for the growing anti rooney mob. Every utterance will be picked over and spat back in his face, with growing venom.

Reign it in Wayne, ffs.
08:14, Mon 4 Dec
ZLAMMER
We are trying to get better, we will get better, I have no doubts about that, but it is important the players know and understand like today when it’s not good enough. That is my responsibility. I have to make sure they are better than they were today so hopefully today was a one-off.”

The headline is incendiary. The actual article isn't that bad.

Delivered in a calm and measured way too.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:21, Mon 4 Dec
people like Rasputin don't have the intellect to read the whole article tbf
08:22, Mon 4 Dec

Honest, heart felt and refreshing. Most sensible fans will see that. For the blinkered and the stubborn you need to tap the badge Wayne.
08:24, Mon 4 Dec
Yes, that’s what the article says though it’s headlined that he’s ’incendiary and irate’. People usually dismiss the Mail as trash. Not in this occasion though.