08:28, Mon 4 Dec
You seem to forget he had the team playing really well for two minutes a few games ago.
08:33, Mon 4 Dec
Like I replied to someone else, a lot of our fans seem very keen to express and even revel in negativity, as we see by this sort of exaggeration.
08:35, Mon 4 Dec
ZLAMMER
people like Rasputin don't have the intellect to read the whole article tbf

Aw, bless.
The cold never bothered me anyway
08:35, Mon 4 Dec
Tbf he doesn’t bother to watch the games either 😂
08:36, Mon 4 Dec
Edited as I thought you were talking re Rooney 😜
08:38, Mon 4 Dec
Interesting Wayne’s said the players need to grow a pair, usually when someone on here says similar you’re the first to state players don’t hide etc perhaps we have some very sensitive players

It’s not really all that petty, the most critical/most opinionated on here are the ones that don’t go, at least it seems that way
08:39, Mon 4 Dec
Two things strike me. The fans, many of whom may well describe criticism of peoples efforts as antediluvian, clearly berate players at the game and online, so it shouldn’t come as a massive surprise to the players that the consensus is that on Saturday they were poor. Of course some fans go further and continue the barracking for weeks, months, even when performances have been OK.

Then there’s the training. From Wayne’s words, they do what is being asked of them in training but can’t replicate that on the pitch. Why’s that then? Do they lack testicles pure and simple? Does the impatience and lack of tolerance shown by some fans inhibit them?

Maybe it’s time the fans grew a fecking pair and allowed the team to develop while offering encouragement. Just for a month. See what happens. Do as the teachers on here suggest, show nothing but love and forbearance.
08:39, Mon 4 Dec
😂
08:57, Mon 4 Dec
Then there’s the training. From Wayne’s words, they do what is being asked of them in training but can’t replicate that on the pitch. Why’s that then? Do they lack testicles pure and simple? Does the impatience and lack of tolerance shown by some fans inhibit them?

Because you can’t compare a possession exercise in an 18 yard box, with no offside and no structure, with an 11 side football match against a Championship team, imo.
Happy Clapper
08:59, Mon 4 Dec
newblue
Yes, that’s what the article says though it’s headlined that he’s ’incendiary and irate’. People usually dismiss the Mail as trash. Not in this occasion though.

Wayne is quoted as saying “I think some players in there need to grow a pair of balls, basically, because I’m watching what they do in training and the minute there is fans out there they become a different player, a different person,” said Rooney. “That is football. You are going to have to play in front of fans, wherever you play.“

That’s dogshit management on a multitude of levels. The players seemingly knew how to play football in front of fans prior to his appointment, yet now they’re the problem? They can pass ball around a few training cones so they ‘don’t have the balls’ to do it against actual players?

Not to mention it’s even more publicly slagging of the players, something which the likes of Bowyer, Karanka etc were vilified for yet seemingly under Wayne it’s fine.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:01, Mon 4 Dec
There’s lots of contradictory messaging, imo

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

I personally think you have some credit in the bank and the unwavering respect of the players before you go nuclear with stuff like this. Some will respond to it, others won’t, and I think we will likely get a disjointed performance at Cov
Happy Clapper
09:02, Mon 4 Dec
I don’t think tough love works with some in our changing room, it hasn’t before

Poor Juke will be getting Vietnam flashbacks of bowyer and Karanka
09:04, Mon 4 Dec
Le Mod

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

Combination of Rooney and the fans on a matchday for me, got fans berating every loose pass and backwards pass doesn't help either.

I really am starting to think this isn't gonna end well. Absolutely stinks of years gone by. Urgh.
I think he is wrong how he has gone about this, but who is/are his leader/s out on the pitch ? The Barry Ferguson / Lee Bowyers pushing the players forward enouraging them to do that 'No' Fear' football. I don't see a single player in his recent selctions that does that. We're back to a group of individuals not a team.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:10, Mon 4 Dec
Le Mod

I personally think you have some credit in the bank and the unwavering respect of the players before you go nuclear with stuff like this. Some will respond to it, others won’t, and I think we will likely get a disjointed performance at Cov
I’m always a show me on the pitch type, rather than talk to me type. Actions over words. I’ve said he’s very honest but there’s only so many times a manager can get away with lambasting the players. And I don’t want to keep hearing it anyway.
I also think as fans there’s only so many times that you need to vent your anger towards your own team and manager and some have crossed the line and aren’t helping either. Booing Ruddy’s name before kick off and berating every misplaced pass is as helpful to the players as their manager calling them out every other game. Support the bastards
Tony Fantastico