09:10, Mon 4 Dec
I watched Sanderson Saturday, and he just seemed lost and fed up.

I’m not expecting him to turn into Roy Keane as a captain but he does need to try and pull people together.

Juke is the only really one that will come on and try to get people going

I think it’s not long before Rooney changes the captain and from what I can gather that’ll be a big deal to Sanderson who was offered it prior to signing
09:11, Mon 4 Dec
Then there’s the training. From Wayne’s words, they do what is being asked of them in training but can’t replicate that on the pitch. Why’s that then? Do they lack testicles pure and simple? Does the impatience and lack of tolerance shown by some fans inhibit them?

Because you can’t compare a possession exercise in an 18 yard box with an 11 side football match against a Championship team, imo.

I’d agree with that. What I’m interested in is what goes on in the bonce that prevents success in a relatively tame environment to under performance in a competitive environment, even when (you’d think and hope) the competitive environment is largely supportive.

If Wayne had said, we’ve tried it in training and they’re incapable of if it, fair enough, but it seems like they are capable of it when the pressures off. Whatever it is.

I bow to your knowledge and experience but if training doesn’t count for anything they may as well just spend a couple of hours doing star jumps and running up and down the terraces.
09:13, Mon 4 Dec
Yeah, as much as I don't think booing and abuse from the stands is constructive. I'm not convinced a round of effs from Rooney evrey game is either.

I'm sure is frustrating for him as I too believe the players can play this style. But they look a side well short of confidence at the moment. You only have to look at the ammount of times we go back to Ruddy under the smallest ammount of pressure.
09:18, Mon 4 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod
There’s lots of contradictory messaging, imo

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

I personally think you have some credit in the bank and the unwavering respect of the players before you go nuclear with stuff like this. Some will respond to it, others won’t, and I think we will likely get a disjointed performance at Cov
I’m always a show me on the pitch type, rather than talk to me type. Actions over words. I’ve said he’s very honest but there’s only so many times a manager can get away with lambasting the players. And I don’t want to keep hearing it anyway.
I also think as fans there’s only so many times that you need to vent your anger towards your own team and manager and some have crossed the line and aren’t helping either. Booing Ruddy’s name before kick off and berating every misplaced pass is as helpful to the players as their manager calling them out every other game. Support the bastards

The Mail and media want to ramp it up too and that’s all I was pointing out. I agree with what you say. I missed the game Saturday as I was away at a do, did Ruddy’s name actually get booed? I honestly think some fans go there because they have some sort of need to be vitriolic and it’s an arena in which they give themselves permission. Why would anyone do that?
09:18, Mon 4 Dec
We all know what's coming pathetic December and turgid January. I don't care who's to blame, they need to get there arses into gear before it's to late.
09:19, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Two things strike me. The fans, many of whom may well describe criticism of peoples efforts as antediluvian, clearly berate players at the game and online, so it shouldn’t come as a massive surprise to the players that the consensus is that on Saturday they were poor. Of course some fans go further and continue the barracking for weeks, months, even when performances have been OK.

Then there’s the training. From Wayne’s words, they do what is being asked of them in training but can’t replicate that on the pitch. Why’s that then? Do they lack testicles pure and simple? Does the impatience and lack of tolerance shown by some fans inhibit them?

Maybe it’s time the fans grew a fecking pair and allowed the team to develop while offering encouragement. Just for a month. See what happens. Do as the teachers on here suggest, show nothing but love and forbearance.

Spot on 👍

I fear that if cook caves in to the fans on his appointment of Rooney & sacks him we will never see attractive front foot attacking football.

Or at the very least put it back many years. 😔
09:22, Mon 4 Dec
newblue
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod
There’s lots of contradictory messaging, imo

Wagner and Cook are calling for encouragement and patience, which is correct I think

Rooney is speaking about wanting players to take risks, wants them to be expressive and play with freedom, asks for patience, yet publicly criticises them and creates national headlines with it, telling them to grow some balls and dropping some of them when they make mistakes.

I appreciate everyone responds differently to different management techniques but it wouldn’t make me feel more confident or expressive, the players do look confused, low on confidence and unsure of themselves.

I personally think you have some credit in the bank and the unwavering respect of the players before you go nuclear with stuff like this. Some will respond to it, others won’t, and I think we will likely get a disjointed performance at Cov
I’m always a show me on the pitch type, rather than talk to me type. Actions over words. I’ve said he’s very honest but there’s only so many times a manager can get away with lambasting the players. And I don’t want to keep hearing it anyway.
I also think as fans there’s only so many times that you need to vent your anger towards your own team and manager and some have crossed the line and aren’t helping either. Booing Ruddy’s name before kick off and berating every misplaced pass is as helpful to the players as their manager calling them out every other game. Support the bastards

The Mail and media want to ramp it up too and that’s all I was pointing out. I agree with what you say. I missed the game Saturday as I was away at a do, did Ruddy’s name actually get booed? I honestly think some fans go there because they have some sort of need to be vitriolic and it’s an arena in which they give themselves permission. Why would anyone do that?
Someone said a few booed his name when it was read out, yeah. Pratts. And those singing for Eustace are
Tony Fantastico
09:24, Mon 4 Dec
Freddie Pickering
We all know what's coming pathetic December and turgid January. I don't care who's to blame, they need to get there arses into gear before it's to late.

You can change the manager, the owner and even the team but one thing is set in stone, as soon the weather turns to shit so do Blues.

I blame the gypsy's curse.
My Blue Heaven
I don’t think tough love works with some in our changing room, it hasn’t before

Poor Juke will be getting Vietnam flashbacks of bowyer and Karanka

Jukey will be fine mate, he's one of the few that can handle it I think.

Rooney has already name checked him as a leader.

Regardless of whether I agree, it comes back to this:

The players had no problem winning games, playing well, scoring goals or battling 2 months ago.

What's changed? The players or the manager?

Time for some humility from Rooney for me, golden rule of management is praise publicly criticise privately.

The board will back him even if the fans turn, they can't afford to sack him on a whim. He will get until March and if we're in the shit he'll go as they also can't afford relegation.

Let's just hope the signings made in Jan (and the summer if he's here) suit a style and future blueprint rather than just a manager.

My final point, whilst Rooney/the performances/results have been shite since he came in I think the fans have also been an absolute disgrace.

The fans set the tone against Hull- vile and negative. There was no encouragement, welcome or even just a willingness to give him a chance from many supporters.

This is partly, not all, partly the fans fault too. It shames me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:25, Mon 4 Dec
That is anti-support, I don’t care if other fans think we shouldn’t criticise fans who behave in this way (‘becaus they pay their money and that is their right’), I think that is rubbish behaviour and can’t fathom it. Albeit give us something to support, Wayne. Confidence is certainly on the floor.
09:26, Mon 4 Dec
johnnyspex
Tha Project OBE
Two things strike me. The fans, many of whom may well describe criticism of peoples efforts as antediluvian, clearly berate players at the game and online, so it shouldn’t come as a massive surprise to the players that the consensus is that on Saturday they were poor. Of course some fans go further and continue the barracking for weeks, months, even when performances have been OK.

Maybe it’s time the fans grew a fecking pair and allowed the team to develop while offering encouragement. Just for a month. See what happens. Do as the teachers on here suggest, show nothing but love and forbearance.

Spot on 👍

I fear that if cook caves in to the fans on his appointment of Rooney & sacks him we will never see attractive front foot attacking football.

I disagree, they will just appoint someone else.

It's the appointment of Rooney itself that I think isn't very good. They could have got someone else in to improve the playing style who'd been a bit more sensible about evolution not revolution.

Ipswich are like Brazil with a load of league one players. You don't need a new squad necessarily.

Crucially, the new owners have a blueprint and mission- attractive football gets you promoted.

They won't change this because of one failed appointment. Relax.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:31, Mon 4 Dec
My Blue Heaven
I watched Sanderson Saturday, and he just seemed lost and fed up.

I’m not expecting him to turn into Roy Keane as a captain but he does need to try and pull people together.

Juke is the only really one that will come on and try to get people going

I think it’s not long before Rooney changes the captain and from what I can gather that’ll be a big deal to Sanderson who was offered it prior to signing

I don't disagree but who do you change it to ? JJ, Jukemay and maybe Gardner and Long, seem the only ones that absolutely roll their sleeves up as it were and none of them are playing.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:34, Mon 4 Dec
Laird once he’s fit or Buchanan
09:36, Mon 4 Dec
johnnyspex
Spot on 👍

I was only thinking reading earlier that how long does he get as what we don't want is an appointment ( think Colin) that is brought in just to save us from relegation as that will set us back in the long term plan. There is clearly a very well thought out plan and i've said this before IMO Rooney is only a stepping stone in that plan and is not here to get us up. The issue is we could need to move for that other managre quicker than we wanted to.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:37, Mon 4 Dec
I aaid yesterday it reminds me of bowyer constantly slagging and criticising the players. Admittedly I’m no football manager, but I’d imagine the best way to do it is in private in the dressing room, not in every interview, so it’s plastered all over the press and social media. Ability or not, he needs to get the players playing for him and performing the best they can. As fans we can’t really ask no more than 110% from them, which it’s clear the players aren’t offering.

I agree with those that are lambasting the behaviour of the fans. The toxicity at matches in the stands is making me not want to go, as it’s shocking and awful. I despaired with some fans around me in the tilton sarurday, especially when they were arguing and clashing among themselves.