08:38, Thu 7 Dec
Looking forward to Wayne knocking their stuffing out in a future derby. They will hate it when the team that bears the city's name is up there again.
I take it you don’t subscribe to the ‘it’s great for Midlands football’ theory then?!
08:56, Thu 7 Dec
You don’t need to be a top 4 side anymore, 5th will get you in the Champions League

Anyway, as has been said, best thing is to ignore them, watching them every week hoping to get some joy out of it any time soon is setting yourself up for disappointment

There’s never been a better time to focus on ourselves
Happy Clapper
09:02, Thu 7 Dec
Le Mod
You don’t need to be a top 4 side anymore, 5th will may get you in the Champions League

If Newcastle and Man Utd fail to progress past the group stages, the PL's 5th spot will be under threat.
09:05, Thu 7 Dec
Haircut1000
Looking forward to Wayne knocking their stuffing out in a future derby. They will hate it when the team that bears the city's name is up there again.

What really are the chances of that? If the owners are serious about getting back to the Premier League, it's going to take a much better manager thn Rooney. The bloke's an imbecile. Can you actully imagine him up against the likes of Pep, Klopp or Emery?
09:07, Thu 7 Dec
More abuse aimed at our manager
Tony Fantastico
Don’t Worry Rab, Daniel, clearly an intellectual, has been reported. They’ve probably banned him already
09:17, Thu 7 Dec
bluer than blues
Le Mod
You don’t need to be a top 4 side anymore, 5th will may get you in the Champions League

If Newcastle and Man Utd fail to progress past the group stages, the PL's 5th spot will be under threat.

Fair, but every year the top 2 nations get an extra spot and England will get one far more often that not, so my wider point is the Big 4 won’t really be a thing anymore, it’ll be 5 most years
Happy Clapper
09:20, Thu 7 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Don’t Worry Rab, Daniel, clearly an intellectual, has been reported. They’ve probably banned him already

Abuse? Just calling it as I see it. Are you enjoying Wayne's tenure so far, I most certainly am not.
10:46, Thu 7 Dec
Daniel
Haircut1000

What really are the chances of that? If the owners are serious about getting back to the Premier League, it's going to take a much better manager thn Rooney. The bloke's an imbecile. Can you actully imagine him up against the likes of Pep, Klopp or Emery?

That's the spirit.
Up the feckin Blues
11:08, Thu 7 Dec
Le Mod
bluer than blues
Le Mod

Fair, but every year the top 2 nations get an extra spot and England will get one far more often that not, so my wider point is the Big 4 won’t really be a thing anymore, it’ll be 5 most years

Yeah you're right long term. Have you seen the new format? On the face of it seems utterly barmy, although the play-off phase could be quite fun. It's silly though, 5th place gets a spot in the "Champions" league.
11:13, Thu 7 Dec
Bluesince62
Daniel
Haircut1000

That's the spirit.

Apologies, I'll think up some funny and derogatory names for the bloke who had us in the play off places.
11:16, Thu 7 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
gerry1875
Rab C Nesbitt
gerry1875
They are well and truly in the title race, if they beat Arsenal this weekend then i would make them favourites to win it, Hate to say it but some wanted us to draw them in the F.A.Cup, they would humiliate us, They will definitley win something this season, winning 14 on the spin at home as well. Will we ever get close to them again ?
Favourites to win it?
Back them at 40/1 with Paddy Power then. Show us your slip
I would never stick a penny on that lot, my bet is still Liverpool at 11/1, on present form vile are in the running
If you have them favourites to win then I honestly have no idea why you wouldn’t back them to Atleast gain financially if the worst happens

A villa mate of mine has just put a tenner on them to win the Premier League, FA Cup, and Europa League treble, at 2500/1.
11:33, Thu 7 Dec
I was seriously thinking of backing them for the title around three weeks back, when they were 70/1, but couldn’t do it.

They’re playing great atm, ‘fearless’ stuff, indeed. If they’re still in the mix come March though, that’s when the nerves set in and the experience of the big boys usually comes to the fore. I wouldn’t dismiss their chances though. Neither Liverpool or Man City look particularly convincing right now. Arsenal? Who knows when the pressure is really on.

Personally, I’d love to see Spurs up there. Lovely team to watch.
11:50, Thu 7 Dec
Mr Driscoll
I was seriously thinking of backing them for the title around three weeks back, when they were 70/1, but couldn’t do it.

They’re playing great atm, ‘fearless’ stuff, indeed. If they’re still in the mix come March though, that’s when the nerves set in and the experience of the big boys usually comes to the fore. I wouldn’t dismiss their chances though. Neither Liverpool or Man City look particularly convincing right now. Arsenal? Who knows when the pressure is really on.

Personally, I’d love to see Spurs up there. Lovely team to watch.

Man City will get motoring in the new year, and there are loads of better teams. They’ll finish 6th, relax. Too inconsistent away. They got beat easily by Forest about a month ago 👍