17:44, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
We will be fine we haven’t had our new manager bounce yet.
It’s got to happen at some point it’s just a delayed bounce.
Tam
17:44, Sat 9 Dec
gerry1875
Tam
gerry1875
Redditch Blue
Wazball
QPR winning again, we’re currently 4 points above relegation zone.

Teams hit form. It happens every season. I am amazed some (not saying you) didn’t think we were in the thick of it before todays games to be honest.
simply putting it, we were nowhere near good enough to be promoted, I cannot see why people thought we would be even close, 100% we will not go down but I think it will take 3-4 years before we can even challenge the top 6

People didn't think that we'd be close though. We were/are a middling team that was doing decently with the resources and the squad that was available. I agree that we won't go down, but that ight be because they get rid of Rooney. It might not be, of course, and he improves results and performances, but if he doesn't, and he's still here, then I'm certain that if the run of 5 points out of 9 games continues we'll be down.
Tam I understand what you say, but there were lots in here saying fire up the pig and that, I get slated for my opinions on this site that's OK I can accept that but I am not blinkered, I really do speak my mind and I will say this squad is a pile of crap, Rooney or Eustace will not change it, whoever thought we could sustain a promotion push are deluded, I will say it again like I said from the start 13th to 17th would be half decent for us

Gerry, I accept that you've said it from the start, and obviously each to their own opinion, but I think you've been wrong from the start in that case. I feel that this is the squad with the most amount of ability that we've had in twelve years, and the signs were that we might well progress - which we seemed to be. We were always going to be at least a striker away from sniffing the playoffs, but perhaps with a couple of tweaks in the January window, an upper mid table finish might not have been unrealistic. Of course, I could have that wrong - no doubt about that - but on the pitch, the signs were at least promising for the most part.
Make Blues Great Again
17:47, Sat 9 Dec
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
gerry1875
But people are saying we have a decent squad, it's a load of rubbish we are nowhere near a decent squad

Let's pretend you are right for a minute, surely the whole recruitment team needs booting out then yes?

It's almost like some people will never accept it's the manager and have suffered memory loss from the start of the season.

Or that they did the best they could with the budget they had.

For somebody who likes to throw around insults and calling others stupid all the time you do miss the obvious almost always, probably on purpose because you’re a shit WUM.

The obvious? That shit squad seemed to be doing alright. We spent £5 million on sanderson n aiwu alone. If you are going to suggest this squads shit i would suggest you point fingers at recruitment team.

You can't say the squads shit but it's not recruitments fault. That is being stupid. I can't help some of the shite our fans are coming out with to defend this mess.

There are teams above us who have spent less. Mental isn't it.
Nail on the head, recruitment team are 100% responsible I wouldn't pay them in chocolate buttons
Tam
17:53, Sat 9 Dec
gerry1875
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
gerry1875
But people are saying we have a decent squad, it's a load of rubbish we are nowhere near a decent squad

Let's pretend you are right for a minute, surely the whole recruitment team needs booting out then yes?

It's almost like some people will never accept it's the manager and have suffered memory loss from the start of the season.

Or that they did the best they could with the budget they had.

For somebody who likes to throw around insults and calling others stupid all the time you do miss the obvious almost always, probably on purpose because you’re a shit WUM.

The obvious? That shit squad seemed to be doing alright. We spent £5 million on sanderson n aiwu alone. If you are going to suggest this squads shit i would suggest you point fingers at recruitment team.

You can't say the squads shit but it's not recruitments fault. That is being stupid. I can't help some of the shite our fans are coming out with to defend this mess.

There are teams above us who have spent less. Mental isn't it.
Nail on the head, recruitment team are 100% responsible I wouldn't pay them in chocolate buttons

The thing is, though - the team was doing OK. Now it isn't. One thing has changed since then. Do you think that Rooney has no responsibility for this slump, or do really think that it's just terrible recruitment?
Make Blues Great Again
17:54, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Wondered how long this thread would take to go onto another Rooney debate.
Gazball?
Tam
17:55, Sat 9 Dec
They're pretty much all destined to go that at the moment, I reckon. I'll bow out anyway.
Make Blues Great Again
18:02, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Yeah I know, was always going to. Don’t really wanna speak about the other game at the moment either so probs for the best.
Gazball?
18:45, Sat 9 Dec
Wazball
Redditch Blue
Wazball

Teams hit form. It happens every season. I am amazed some (not saying you) didn’t think we were in the thick of it before todays games to be honest.

They do, but QPR were crap before their new manager came in but look decent now. So more than just form.

Just goes to show what a difference a new manager can make....
19:02, Sat 9 Dec
Emi Martinez just held the ball for 31 seconds after saving Rice’s free kick. Nuts it is.
Tony Fantastico
Teams in and around the bottom will win some games, but lose more than they win. We get it every season, even last season, where the consensus is we survived comfortably. It’s no good panicking every time Rotherham score a goal.

The table will tell the truth once all the games have been played,
Rab C Nesbitt
Emi Martinez just held the ball for 31 seconds after saving Rice’s free kick. Nuts it is.

They've more or less abandoned the time wasting protocol now, which you knew they would.

How the eff do v*lla play that high line so effectively???
19:16, Sat 9 Dec
Novakainian
Wazball
Redditch Blue
Wazball

They do, but QPR were crap before their new manager came in but look decent now. So more than just form.

Just goes to show what a difference a new manager can make....

How can he be winning games when he hasn't got his own players?
I absolutely effing hate v*lla. I can't stand the love-in from every commentator and pundit. They can all get to eff.

Football is effing shit right now.
19:28, Sat 9 Dec
bluer than blues
I absolutely effing hate v*lla. I can't stand the love-in from every commentator and pundit. They can all get to eff.

Football is effing shit right now.
Villa bastards they are going to win this league you know, it's Leicester all over again
19:30, Sat 9 Dec
What worries me if they keep on like this then they will get top4 and if they strengthen in January then could be in with a shout