19:47, Sat 9 Dec
It wasn't that long ago they were losing at home in the FA Cup to stevenage and getting knocked out of a semi final by Bradford.

Football can change quickly with organisation, money and a bit of gold dust in terms of appointments.

I'm convinced that whilst Knighthead may have made a dud move here, they'll fix it and we'll have our day.

We sometimes lose but are never beaten.

Eff the world, I'm blues.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
19:55, Sat 9 Dec
The future is definitely a lot brighter but the present is a big pile of w*nk.

I guess it will feel all the more special when things start to turn.
20:06, Sat 9 Dec
Yeah feels awful at the mo. Deja vu
20:07, Sat 9 Dec
Fortunately, nothing is won or lost in December
20:18, Sat 9 Dec
We are so far behind that lot at the moment it's pointless ever arguing with them. Best thing to do is pretend they don't exist.
20:18, Sat 9 Dec
Treat them as the binary entity that they are, like the other 90 league clubs.

Some win, some lose, so what.

Our concern is Birmingham City 👍
20:31, Sat 9 Dec
They made a duff appointment with Gerrard, then quickly corrected it, and now look. We need to do the same. There’s no substitute for proper coaching, most of the Villa players were there under Smith.
20:32, Sat 9 Dec
I'm so glad I live dan sowf I'm immune to their existence down here it's all Chelsea,Brighton or Portsmouth.To me "that lot " have sold their soul for the dirty luque...they have no identity and for us we can still hold our heads up and come the day we get back to a good level we can hopefully repeat 2002/03 when we were the top dogs in Brum and maybe their day in the sun will be over...just look at where Leicester are now they had their day etc etc
20:55, Sat 9 Dec
Louie Donowa
I'm convinced that whilst Knighthead may have made a dud move here, they'll fix it and we'll have our day.

Spot on mate. I'm not convinced Rooney won't work out, but if we were bobbing along picking up points here and there I'd be less worried than I am. I'd like to see him given 2 years at the helm if there were no risk of relegation.
20:55, Sat 9 Dec
Daniel
They made a duff appointment with Gerrard, then quickly corrected it, and now look. We need to do the same. There’s no substitute for proper coaching, most of the Villa players were there under Smith.

Tbf, Gerrard was given almost a year
21:25, Sat 9 Dec
5 of the starting 11 tonight were there under smith. The keeper is top drawer albeit a knob and Douglas Luiz very good.

Think 3 of the other 4 will be the next that get upgraded. Konsa, McGinn and Watkins

Better coaching and better players if you want to improve.

Not sure if they will face any FFP restrictions but they have spent a few Bob and the revenue must be a fair bit behind the big boys.
They’ve avoided ffp by selling their young players with buyback clauses. Archer £18m. Ramsey jr £14m and Philogene £10m. Their net spend since he came in is £20m.
Thanks just shows how crazy the game is over 40 million there. Decent players but worth that much?

Thought Philonge was at Hull can’t believe they spent that much.
Actually just checked he was £5m. Still decent for someone without any first team games.
09:30, Sun 10 Dec
johnthefence
Wazball
QPR winning again, we’re currently 4 points above relegation zone.

2-0 now. All eyes on those below us now.

Remind where QPRs new manager came from?
Never heard of him.
How long will the bounce last or is he a proven,good manager?