21:50, Fri 15 Dec
Bit of a thing on twitter about the first game after you were born

It led me to looking up the 82/83 season and had no idea of the great escape that took place

Rock bottom in 22nd place after losing 4 nil to Luton in April and end up finishing 17th with 5 wins from last 6

Pretty crazy

What happened?
21:56, Fri 15 Dec
1988/89 season; 0-4 defeat away at Ipswich on the way to getting relegated from the second division
22:01, Fri 15 Dec
Most of those wins were through late goals as well.

I think we have to credit Newbon. He made a £100 bet live on air that we would get relegated. Saunders probably had that on the betamax before every game.
22:11, Fri 15 Dec
Blues 1 Swindon 2

Attendance 4,000

You must have all been playing a pool tournament
Happy Clapper
22:17, Fri 15 Dec
Not a bad start for this very young Bluenose! #KRO [en.wikipedia.org]
22:17, Fri 15 Dec
Blues 0 Wolves 1 attendance 41,248
22:23, Fri 15 Dec
97/98, last game of the season. Drew 0-0- with Charlton at home. Think we needed to either draw and results go our way or win to get into the playoffs. Finished 7th after the result.
Gazball?
22:28, Fri 15 Dec
Know it sounds a bit of fun but I wouldn’t be sharing a 3 day window of my date of birth on Twitter. Smells very phisy!

Yes, I’m a killjoy so expect the PTA parents amongst you to moan about me killing the fun. But, in the words of Peter Pannu “I care not”
22:30, Fri 15 Dec
What a fascinating post. Really enjoyed reading it.
22:34, Fri 15 Dec
late goals from Hopkins V Everton at home and Harford at Spurs & Southampton are the stand out ones for me
22:34, Fri 15 Dec
Wazball
97/98, last game of the season. Drew 0-0- with Charlton at home. Think we needed to either draw and results go our way or win to get into the playoffs. Finished 7th after the result.

A win would have done iirc and we absolutely battered them but somehow didn't score
22:38, Fri 15 Dec
Fecking Ilic
22:39, Fri 15 Dec
roger hynd
Wazball

A win would have done iirc and we absolutely battered them but somehow didn't score

It was one of the years they used goals scored,not goal difference. Our goal difference was much better than Sheffield United, who finished ahead of us on the same number of points.
22:39, Fri 15 Dec
We played the day I was born

28th November 1981

Swansea 1-0 Blues

Anyone go that day? Haha
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
22:40, Fri 15 Dec
roger hynd
Wazball

Looking at the table we had the same points as Sheff U and a better GD but somehow finished 7th? Was it head to head back then?

Edit: ah don’t worry sheep answered my question, can’t believe goals scored was used above GD.
Gazball?