22:40, Fri 15 Dec
Sheep2
roger hynd
Wazball
97/98, last game of the season. Drew 0-0- with Charlton at home. Think we needed to either draw and results go our way or win to get into the playoffs. Finished 7th after the result.

A win would have done iirc and we absolutely battered them but somehow didn't score

It was one of the years they used goals scored,not goal difference. Our goal difference was much better than Sheffield United, who finished ahead of us on the same number of points.

Sasa Illic in goal for them was immense
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
22:41, Fri 15 Dec
Tha Project OBE
What a fascinating post. Really enjoyed reading it.

Glad to have kept you entertained and most importantly educated on the dangers of phishing. Got to help all you statin poppers stay safe online during the season of goodwill.
22:47, Fri 15 Dec
JimJam2
Not a bad start for this very young Bluenose! #KRO [en.wikipedia.org]

Nor this one!...

1951-52 Season.

8 March 1952 Won 1-0 away to West Ham United. Scorer Tommy Briggs.

Blues finished in third position in second division. Missed out on promotion to Cardiff City on goal average. 
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
22:49, Fri 15 Dec
Le Mod
Blues 1 Swindon 2

Attendance 4,000

You must have all been playing a pool tournament

The worst atmosphere ever at a game i've been to.
Three days after we'd been relegated and three days after the Hillsborough disaster.

It was extremely quiet and subdued, even for a 90% empty ground. I think everyone felt a bit numb. Not a lot to enjoy that night.

The full game is on YouTube
[m.youtube.com]
I don't recommend watching it. We really were terrible.I

Anyone who thinks we have been bad in recent seasons should see it to realise just how bad it could be.
23:24, Fri 15 Dec
Coleshill-Blue
late goals from Hopkins V Everton at home and Harford at Spurs & Southampton are the stand out ones for me

Southampton away, one of my favourite away games ever
23:34, Fri 15 Dec
West Ham 4-0 Blues
23:42, Fri 15 Dec
Nice thread 👍

The season I was born we finished 18th in the 2nd division, crashed out of both cups at the first hurdle and our manager not only resigned but retired from football to work in a travel agency.

And some wonder why I’m not phased by the shite we’ve been through since October.
00:08, Sat 16 Dec
Opening game of season 24th August 1957 at St Andrews

Blues 3 Aston Villa 1 attendance 50, 780
00:32, Sat 16 Dec
Out of interest, what info do you think can be gleaned from a rough estimate of someone’s birthdate? For example my birthday is flanked by a 4-1 loss to Shrewsbury and a 1-2 loss to Huddersfield in 1990. Do with that info what you will
00:51, Sat 16 Dec
14th September 1963, lost -1-2 at Burnley.

Out the FA Cup and League Cup at first opportunity.

Some things never change.

Good thread though 👏
06:03, Sat 16 Dec
We played on the day I was born.

Wednesday 11th November 1959.

Inter Cities Fairs Cup semi final 2nd leg - Blues 4, Union Saint Gilloise (Belgium) 2, with goals from Johnny Gordon (2), Bunny Larkin, and Harry Hooper. We won 8-4 on aggregate, and would meet Barcelona in a two legged final.

19 years later we would beat Man U 5-1 at home!
07:44, Sat 16 Dec
1958, lost 5-1 v Wolves, Murphy scored

Downhill from there.
We played on the day I was born.

Wednesday 11th November 1959.

Inter Cities Fairs Cup semi final 2nd leg - Blues 4, Union Saint Gilloise (Belgium) 2, with goals from Johnny Gordon (2), Bunny Larkin, and Harry Hooper. We won 8-4 on aggregate, and would meet Barcelona in a two legged final.

19 years later we would beat Man U 5-1 at home!

Are you the fella that writes the reports on the Blues website?
08:01, Sat 16 Dec
JourneyOn
West Ham 4-0 Blues

Was that 1983?
Opening game of the season.
Not many of us there that day as hundreds had been detained at Euston
08:02, Sat 16 Dec
Lost 4-3 at home to forest in 1964. One of the players in the blues team is currently a resident in the carehome I'm working in