11:04, Sat 16 Dec
first home game after my birth 1973/74 season lost 2-1 to Spurs, attendance 37,754. Didn't win a game until 13th October that season (first game 25th August) Went down on goal difference. bottom 5 that season, bottom first, Man Utd, Southampton, Birmingham City, West Ham and Chelsea.
11:34, Sat 16 Dec
There was an away game on my birthday 2nd Feb 1957. Blues won 2-1 at Cardiff, Brown and Astall scoring for Blues.
Blues in the first division finishing 12th.
13:26, Sat 16 Dec
ZLAMMER
first home game after my birth 1973/74 season lost 2-1 to Spurs, attendance 37,754. Didn't win a game until 13th October that season (first game 25th August) Went down on goal difference. bottom 5 that season, bottom first, Man Utd, Southampton, Birmingham City, West Ham and Chelsea.

Went down??
Don't think we did
13:28, Sat 16 Dec
you're right

we did on this table though [en.wikipedia.org]

here we go [www.google.com]
14:00, Sat 16 Dec
Beat Blackpool 4-2 followed by 4-1 win against Villa and then 6-1 against Man City. In fact, won 9 out of first 10 games after I was born. All down hill afterwards
15:03, Sat 16 Dec
Beat Wolves at home first game after I was born

Finished mid-table in the old Second Division

plus ça change….
17:14, Sat 16 Dec
roger hynd
JourneyOn
West Ham 4-0 Blues

Was that 1983?
Opening game of the season.
Not many of us there that day as hundreds had been detained at Euston

We were in the home end, my mates made me buy the tickets as I had the least Brummie accent!
17:34, Sat 16 Dec
Lost 3-0 away at Chelsea relegated at the end of the season.
17:55, Sat 16 Dec
We beat Portsmouth 3-0 at home to go 1st in the second division Thomson Bowden and Pack og, we finished 10th.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
19:26, Sat 16 Dec
Sheep2
Le Mod
Blues 1 Swindon 2

Attendance 4,000

You must have all been playing a pool tournament

The worst atmosphere ever at a game i've been to.
Three days after we'd been relegated and three days after the Hillsborough disaster.

It was extremely quiet and subdued, even for a 90% empty ground. I think everyone felt a bit numb. Not a lot to enjoy that night.

The full game is on YouTube
[m.youtube.com]
I don't recommend watching it. We really were terrible.I

Anyone who thinks we have been bad in recent seasons should see it to realise just how bad it could be.

I was there a lot that season but not at the Swindon game (cant remember why) and agree a few should take a look to see how bad it was, that said I did enjoy my years standing on the Kop.

I am slightly shocked that thousands on here have not yet claimed to be at that game.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
19:36, Sat 16 Dec
BCFC broke my heart when Briggs was sold to Blackburn I think just after we sold him he scored 5 goals in a game proper centre forward centre parting built like the proverbial brick one
19:41, Sat 16 Dec
John I think that was the game when Jeff Hall had a right chasing off Jimmy Mullen I think they had to introduce Mullen to him because he had not seen him all afternoon
19:52, Sat 16 Dec
18th april 1972

fulham away

0-0 draw

i was 2 days old. i slept through it
20:01, Sat 16 Dec
roger hynd
Wazball
97/98, last game of the season. Drew 0-0- with Charlton at home. Think we needed to either draw and results go our way or win to get into the playoffs. Finished 7th after the result.

A win would have done iirc and we absolutely battered them but somehow didn't score

Furlong missed an absolute sitter.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
20:39, Sat 16 Dec
Tilton shark
Sheep2
Le Mod
Blues 1 Swindon 2

Attendance 4,000

You must have all been playing a pool tournament

The worst atmosphere ever at a game i've been to.
Three days after we'd been relegated and three days after the Hillsborough disaster.

It was extremely quiet and subdued, even for a 90% empty ground. I think everyone felt a bit numb. Not a lot to enjoy that night.

The full game is on YouTube
[m.youtube.com]
I don't recommend watching it. We really were terrible.I

Anyone who thinks we have been bad in recent seasons should see it to realise just how bad it could be.

I was there a lot that season but not at the Swindon game (cant remember why) and agree a few should take a look to see how bad it was, that said I did enjoy my years standing on the Kop.

I am slightly shocked that thousands on here have not yet claimed to be at that game.

It was a Tuesday night, we'd just been relegated, we were genuinely an awful side and there had been a major disaster at Hillsborough at the weekend. All good reasons not to go.

I think there was some doubt as to whether the midweek games would be played as well.

You didn't miss much.