09:12, Wed 27 Dec
Le Mod
Sanderson is in dire form and looks unhappy but it’s not his sole fault that Stoke, a team who cannot win or score, continually ended up 3 on 3, 4 on 4 and even 4 on 2, and could have scored 7 goals. There is so much space it is ridiculous.
He looked like he had no interest, thrashed at a ball and made no contact with it for their first goal, not coming over to try and stop the one on one for their 2nd goal, no communication with his fellow defenders, lack of leadership, not vocal enough. It's not good enough from a team captain, he needs dropping unfortunately he won't be dropped because of the injuries, at the very least he needs to relinquish the captaincy
09:14, Wed 27 Dec
They haven’t been working for weeks either.

The evidence is in front of everyone - whatever system we are trying to play doesn’t suit the players we have.

Good managers find a way to get the best out of the people they manage - bad managers do the opposite.
09:17, Wed 27 Dec
It's worrying that WCW doesn't seem to have a plan B let alone C or D.

Doing the same thing game after game is clueless management.

Compared to when he was a player, his demeanor on the touchline is non existent as well - three down at home and he looked like he was watching a training session.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:22, Wed 27 Dec
wookie
They haven’t been working for weeks either.

The evidence is in front of everyone - whatever system we are trying to play doesn’t suit the players we have.

Good managers find a way to get the best out of the people they manage - bad managers do the opposite.

We’ve being doing that routine on goal kicks for weeks. How do you think we lost Buchanan to injury?

Prior to Buchanan being the fullback to go forward from goal kicks it was Laird and then Aiwu.
09:22, Wed 27 Dec
Clapton
Le Mod
Sanderson is in dire form and looks unhappy but it’s not his sole fault that Stoke, a team who cannot win or score, continually ended up 3 on 3, 4 on 4 and even 4 on 2, and could have scored 7 goals. There is so much space it is ridiculous.

He’s the captain and leader on the pitch he can tell players where he wants them to be. From goal kicks depending on which side there should be two centre backs defending and one fullback. The other fullback is pushed up to win the flick on.

We’ve been using those tactics for weeks now.

Not if Rooney has given different instructions he can't.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:23, Wed 27 Dec
Rooney is on the sideline the captain is boss on the pitch.
09:27, Wed 27 Dec
But Rooney is the boss and Sanderson can't overule him. If Rooney has laid out tactics Sanderson can't come along and say listen lads the boss is crap do this instead. He can only dictate things as they immediately develop during the game.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:32, Wed 27 Dec
There is absolutely nothing Sanderson can do if the manager has instructed the full backs to push so high up the pitch to join in with the rest of the cavalry charge. The tactics employed last night were effing ridiculous. I thought there had been an outbreak of common sense at the Cardiff game but no back to square one. Last nights performance reminded me of the Hull game. No improvement whatsoever.
09:32, Wed 27 Dec
I think you’ll find Rooney, doesn’t want it to be two defenders against 4. When we brought back Roberts the 3 defenders chosen to stay back was Aiwu, Roberts and Sanderson.

That was the plan it worked reasonably well for 3 games but was non existent last night.

In the after match interview Rooney, let’s on he’s very angry with an individual. I don’t think you need to be a rocket scientist to guess who. 😂😂😂
09:33, Wed 27 Dec
Clapton
Le Mod

He’s the captain and leader on the pitch he can tell players where he wants them to be. From goal kicks depending on which side there should be two centre backs defending and one fullback. The other fullback is pushed up to win the flick on.

We’ve been using those tactics for weeks now.

I feel like we're coming up with new and inventive ways to absolve the management team, are we really saying that the captain should be holding everyone's hand and ensuring that everyone is in the correct position at all times? The system is worked on on the training ground all week, it isn't working, it leaves too much space.

We were equally as open at Cov when Sanderson didn't play by the way, and we were equally open at Sunderland when Laird played instead of Drameh, or Aiwu, and when Buchanan played at not Longelo, etc etc

The set up is horrible, you can take him out of the team by all means, and we probably will, but if you're expecting us to stop conceding chances by making one change you're gonna be disappointed.
Happy Clapper
09:34, Wed 27 Dec
Clapton
I think you’ll find Rooney, doesn’t want it to be two defenders against 4. When we brought back Roberts the 3 defenders chosen to stay back was Aiwu, Roberts and Sanderson.

That was the plan it worked reasonably well for 3 games but was non existent last night.

In the after match interview Rooney, let’s on he’s very angry with an individual. I don’t think you need to be a rocket scientist to guess who. 😂😂😂
He also mentioned about the lack of getting across to cover, we all know who he was on about and he was correct
09:35, Wed 27 Dec
It should never get to that though, if you're defenders are constantly having to defend one on one or come across to cover a gaping hole of 40 yards then there are fundamental issues

Stoke managed to play front foot, pressed us, kept the ball really nicely, created chances, and at no point did they ever give us anything like the space we afforded them in the channels or in behind.

And their manager had a week.
Happy Clapper
09:36, Wed 27 Dec
There’s problems with the current back 5 all are prone to making a mistake. That cannot continue if you want to stop leaking goals.

They all need replacing tbh.
09:38, Wed 27 Dec
Le Mod
It should never get to that though, if you're defenders are constantly having to defend one on one or come across to cover a gaping hole of 40 yards then there are fundamental issues
I agree, but instead of coming towards the player he was going away from him, it may be the captaincy is too much for him, I don't know.
09:40, Wed 27 Dec
I agree he should have come across but the issues are more fundamental, they were ripping through us time after time, if he had come across and stopped the goal, it was happening again 5 minutes later, you shouldn't need goal saving blocks every 5 minutes
Happy Clapper