11:34, Wed 27 Dec
If you look at the second and third goals yesterday and twice against Leicester (as 2 recent examples) the full backs are both pushed up way too high and both at the same time.

This leaves the two centre halves very exposed, often in a 2v2 situation, and often with the opposition midfield flooding in behind.

Awiu was caught out like this for the 2nd goal, Longelo for the 3rd.

It's a very bold tactic which is in my opinion leaving us very open. When Roberts is one of your centre halves he's going to get done for pace 9 times out of 10.

I think we need the full backs a bit deeper or one goes, one stays so we at least have numerical advantage on the opposition forwards.
11:35, Wed 27 Dec
For me personally I hated the football under the previous manager. I’m not saying this is better but I would rather lose 3-2 than 1-0 trying not to lose.

I think the squad is ok when everyone is fit but once we lose the likes of Long, Buchanan, Laird and Bielik. I don’t think the squad is strong enough to cope.
11:42, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Dirty Bertie
When was our defence the "tightest"?

Certainly a lot tighter and better organised than now but not th tightest.

It literally was the joint best in the league

When Eustace left we had conceded the second lowest total goals, jointly with Leeds.

Trouble was we were only the 15th highest scorers.
11:43, Wed 27 Dec
Dirty Bertie
Nikola Zigic
Dirty Bertie

When Eustace left we had conceded the second lowest total goals, jointly with Leeds.

Exactly, so they could defend. I wonder what's changed.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:46, Wed 27 Dec
Dirty Bertie
Nikola Zigic
Dirty Bertie

We're now the 19th highest scorers
Happy Clapper
11:55, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Dirty Bertie
Nikola Zigic
Dirty Bertie

Exactly, so they could defend. I wonder what's changed.

Well the figures suggested that our defensive prowess was achieved at the expense of our attacking creativity. And I do think that there is some truth in that.

However, our "No Fear" approach has resulted in us now being 17th highest scorers and,.......

19th best defence!

Something is not right (Rooney) and whilst I don't think Sanderson is solely responsible for our defensive weaknesses anymore than I thought he was the reason for our earlier solidity I would still be happier if he was replaced.
12:41, Wed 27 Dec
For me personally I hated the football under the previous manager. I’m not saying this is better but I would rather lose 3-2 than 1-0 trying not to lose.

I think the squad is ok when everyone is fit but once we lose the likes of Long, Buchanan, Laird and Bielik. I don’t think the squad is strong enough to cope.

We lose every remaining game this season 3-2 and get relegated - you are happy?

That would be disastrous for the club as a whole.

We have the squad we have and we have to play in a way that suits them to get the best out of them. At the moment we can’t score and we can’t defend (apart from odd occasions) - we are going backwards and that shouldn’t make anyone who supports us happy.