09:41, Wed 27 Dec
Mod, we seem to be seeing the same desperation to blame anyone but Rooney and the coaches on here and Twitter.

Why do you think people do it?

Desperation to look clever by not going for the obvious scapegoat of the management?

I can't think of any other reason. People keep saying these players are serial failures at Blues, a handful are, we signed 14 new players in the summer.

We've changed owners, brought in top of their field external operational and commercial experts, invested in the stadium, invested in the training ground and yet people STILL blame the culture of the club.

It baffles me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:43, Wed 27 Dec
This with bells on. The team are so open at the back it's ridiculous.

All the goals come from the space between the midfield and defence. No ones seems to know wether to push up or run back and cover. We're also playing mucher highr up by the time we realise they've got someone breaking through on goal.

We can press high all we want but there getting through it too easily and leaving a flat line defence to try and deal with people running at them and running in behind over and over again with no help from midfield. The defence either needs to play higher up or the midfield needs to not be so far away.
09:43, Wed 27 Dec
It’s nice to see another previously popular player becoming the latest in a long line to become the target and blamed for all that is wrong
I'm baffled. After some tiny shoots of progress in the last few games, last night was beyond horrible. One step forward, one back again.

Of course the manager is to blame - who else? I also don't like his digging out of individual players in public - that's never worked and never will. Everyone slagged Bowyer for that and rightfully so. I want Rooney to succeed, but last night has knocked that hugely again - and people blaming players are just turning away from the actual problem.
Up the feckin Blues
Sanderson is the new Harlee Dean apparently

Honestly

It’s nothing to do with the manager who’s pretty much been rubbish everywhere he’s been
There has been a noticeable shift after yesterday though to blame Rooney. I wanted to post on Saturday that having seen him with 4 minders at Plymouth that I had lost what little faith I had. I thought though I would get pelters, it was an awful lot easier to post it last night. The tide is starting to turn and it is safer for those who want to call him out to do so. A couple more defeats especially if heavy will see some toxic scenes at St Andrews. I saw the first person start to have a go at Cook yesterday.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:49, Wed 27 Dec
I dunno, there is a small element who instead of just being objective and going with the evidence before their eyes, have decided they are going to defend the manager and then try to come up with the reasons after, which is the wrong way round, and is why we are getting new reasons each week.

The players are shit, the players are good but can't do it on matchday, the players are good but refuse to do it, the players aren't trying, the captain isn't organising every player, it's Bielik's fault, we don't win in winter, it's a cultural problem, these players got Karanka the sack too, I've heard it all over the past few weeks, the answer is staring us straight in the face.
Happy Clapper
09:53, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Mod, we seem to be seeing the same desperation to blame anyone but Rooney and the coaches on here and Twitter.

Desperation to look clever by not going for the obvious scapegoat of the management?

I can't think of any other reason. People keep saying these players are serial failures at Blues, a handful are, we signed 14 new players in the summer.

We've changed owners, brought in top of their field external operational and commercial experts, invested in the stadium, invested in the training ground and yet people STILL blame the culture of the club.

It baffles me.
Definitely not from me. I’ve even posted as such this morning
Tony Fantastico
09:53, Wed 27 Dec
Bring back Gary Rowett. It’s obvious.
09:58, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic

It baffles me.

I think some people see it as, if you criticise Rooney then you criticise "The Project". Some seem genuinely at ease with us having the worst form in the division and dropping from 6th to 19th because we need to be looking at the long-term.
10:11, Wed 27 Dec
Le Mod
I dunno, there is a small element who instead of just being objective and going with the evidence before their eyes, have decided they are going to defend the manager and then try to come up with the reasons after, which is the wrong way round, and is why we are getting new reasons each week.

The players are shit, the players are good but can't do it on matchday, the players are good but refuse to do it, the players aren't trying, the captain isn't organising every player, it's Bielik's fault, we don't win in winter, it's a cultural problem, these players got Karanka the sack too, I've heard it all over the past few weeks, the answer is staring us straight in the face.

You know I like you a lot mate but I think you’re being a bit unfair above towards people that may disagree with you for good reason.

In the last 3 games.

Leicester:
1) We were high up the pitch and the ball deflected into the path of their player and we conceded
2) Bielik gave the ball away and we conceded on the break

Admittedly in both cases we were pushed v v high up and therefore prone to a counter.

Plymouth:
3) horrendous centre back error under no pressure and with the game essentially under control
4) own goal
5) unfortunate sending off
6) goalkeeping mistake

Stoke
7) deflected goal
8) bad centre back error in a 1 v 1

I’m not necessarily disputing what you’ve said about flaws with the system (eg Aiwu’s advanced role yesterday) but equally players are making a LOT of individual mistakes and we’re really not getting much luck. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many deflections lead to goals.
10:12, Wed 27 Dec
Yep. You look at any freely available stats website and see that as a team we look more way more likely to conceed and slightly less likely to score under the new manager. If you don't believe be check out the XG for and against us on fbref.com

The defence are just the scapegoats for the set up and what's going on ahead of them.
10:13, Wed 27 Dec
bcfste
Yep. You look at any freely available stats website and see that as a team we look more way more likely to conceed and slightly less likely to score under the new manager. If you don't believe be check out the XG for and against us [ [] ]

The defence are just the scapegoats for the set up and what's going on ahead of them.

Would you mind posting that link again pls? I’d be interested to see it and it doesn’t work for me.
10:14, Wed 27 Dec
[fbref.com]

You have to scroll down about halfway down to get it by fixtures
There’s a large, repetitive element who just yearn to tell the small element that they are misguided idiots.

The only way to prevent fratricide is is TO BRING BACK GARY ROWETT