20:38, Thu 28 Dec
I Hope we go on a 22 league match winning run, playing no fear football, not going to happen I know but that's what I hope for
06:14, Fri 29 Dec
I call BS
There’s not one Blues fan who would wish us a loss, regardless of what they feel about the manager

I’m not convinced by Rooney but want him to succeed as that means my beloved Blues are doing well

[x.com]

[x.com]

Just two examples I could find very quickly. There are many more.
07:31, Fri 29 Dec
Spend 5 minutes on Birmingham City Fans Zone on FB and read the comments of regular posters there and tell me they wouldnt be happy for a defeat.

I really hope we win tonight
07:39, Fri 29 Dec
I always want a Blues’ win but I donkt think it will happen
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
07:40, Fri 29 Dec
Bet those people are ace
07:54, Fri 29 Dec
Spend 5 minutes on Birmingham City Fans Zone on FB and read the comments of regular posters there and tell me they wouldnt be happy for a defeat.

I really hope we win tonight

Blues Twitter is horrid at the best of times. I imagine Blues Facebook is a effing cesspit of dribblers.
08:26, Fri 29 Dec
I don’t think anyone wants us to lose, but if we do there will be those who will use that against Rooney, irrespective of the reason for the loss.

For example, our loss to Stoke was the result of individual defensive errors. I’m not saying we otherwise performed well, but we wouldn’t have lost if individuals hadn’t made basic errors.

If we lose because of tactical naivety, yes, call it out. But if professional footballers make schoolboy errors, that isn’t a tactical problem.
08:38, Fri 29 Dec
The second goal against Stoke was largely due to Aiwu being out of position due to him being instructed to play high up the pitch. Please let’s not pretend that the significant increase in goals conceded over the last few months is just down to individual errors. If you leave defenders as exposed as we have there will be more individual errors.
08:43, Fri 29 Dec
Falstaff
I don’t think anyone wants us to lose, but if we do there will be those who will use that against Rooney, irrespective of the reason for the loss.

For example, our loss to Stoke was the result of individual defensive errors. I’m not saying we otherwise performed well, but we wouldn’t have lost if individuals hadn’t made basic errors.

If we lose because of tactical naivety, yes, call it out. But if professional footballers make schoolboy errors, that isn’t a tactical problem.

This argument doesn't work. The players made far less 'individual errors' under the previous coaching team. You can be supportive of the current manager without pretending he's not responsible for performances and results. That's his job.
08:44, Fri 29 Dec
PRBlue
The second goal against Stoke was largely due to Aiwu being out of position due to him being instructed to play high up the pitch. Please let’s not pretend that the significant increase in goals conceded over the last few months is just down to individual errors. If you leave defenders as exposed as we have there will be more individual errors.
Yes he was high up the pitch, but when the stoke player went through Sanderson did nothing to try and cut him off, he ran the opposite way, there was no stoke player in the centre, it was poor defending from Aiwu and Sanderson, Ruddy was exposed big time and that is unacceptable in any standard of football
08:45, Fri 29 Dec
PRBlue

This. So many opposition goals and other clear chances have been due to full backs being out of position, with CBs left exposed. Fearless football ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
Just feels like groundhog day - Zola, Karanka - half the fanbase have concluded the manager is shit and are vehemently voicing such opinions. The other half still think he'll come good and vehemently defending.

Both sides criticise the other for being "hysterical" or some other hyperbolic adjective.

The reality? Everybody's a little pissed off with the current state of play.
08:49, Fri 29 Dec
Anyway we will win tonight, my prediction is a whopping 2-1, we can't play as bad as we did against stoke, we made stoke look like Arsenal's invicibles, we really was poor and I still can't believe that people think Stoke made us look poor, it was self inflicted and we got what we deserved, to be honest a decent team would have had 6 or 7 against us the other day
08:53, Fri 29 Dec
bluer than blues
Just feels like groundhog day - Zola, Karanka - half the fanbase have concluded the manager is shit and are vehemently voicing such opinions. The other half still think he'll come good and vehemently defending.

Both sides criticise the other for being "hysterical" or some other hyperbolic adjective.

The reality? Everybody's a little pissed off with the current state of play.
I don't think anyone doubts that we have been a shit show under Rooney so far, if we want to cut him some slack we could say he has not a full squad to pick from yet, I'm not saying it would have made things better but I believe his best starting 11 would have probably gained a few more points
08:58, Fri 29 Dec
If Aiwu was in the correct position he easily covers the flick on. The other stuff doesn’t happen. Look at the first two Leicester goals to see how horribly exposed we are. It’s amateurish. I’m not a Rooney fan but I am not wasting my time and money going tonight hoping we lose even to get him out. I would like to be going with some hope of winning though which is very difficult when we are likely to concede at least two goals with the current tactical approach.