13:41, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
bluer than blues
Fair enough but come on Rab, it was one place lower. I'm bleary-eyed and it's Christmas(ish). 😁

I get point about looking forward. It just annoys me that, IMO, some fans are going to extremes to reject what seems to be getting more obvious, Rooney was a mistake. I've got few qualms with the new owners wanting their own man and wanting to progress the team. But I take umbrage with the fans who were happy with our summer business and the fact we were... 6th 😉 but now claim those same players are rubbish and we need a whole new squad, all in defence of a manager who has so far done a very poor job.

It feels like chasing a losing bet.
You were talking facts though 😁
And I’m not calling for a new squad. I flagged the issue of Rooney backtracking on the front foot, no fear stuff after the Hull game. His 2nd game. There’s still no predicting what style we’ll play game to game and how we perform. Unfortunately for us

I'm not saying you Rab but others on this board have said we need new players in order for Rooney to succeed.
13:45, Sat 30 Dec
bluer than blues
Falstaff
They’re businesspeople, and most in business are governed by finances, not emotions. I’m certain that the cost of relegation versus the cost of replacing the coaching staff will have already been considered. If it hasn’t yet, it will be.

Being completely honest, we could replace WR and his cohort, and still end up in a relegation battle. All of this will be considered.

But you can't truly cost relegation. You know exactly what sacking WR would cost, but who knows what relegation might cost given there are no guarantees of getting back up.

As a side point, I think they made a big mistake given Rooney such a long and lucrative contract. He's a young manager with a poor CV. He should have been offered a deal that forces him to prove himself.

You can't cost it completly accurately, but they will be able to make best guesses and look to model different scenarios, I am sure that not one of them will equal relegation to be cheaper than sacking Rooney especially as you say no gaurantee will get back quickly.

Every decision is based on revenue remember
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:46, Sat 30 Dec
If we were say... 6th in the league and we drew 0-0 against 8th in the league.
Who would see that as a positive?
13:59, Sat 30 Dec
It's possible that some would, but whenever people discuss these hypotheticals based purely on results, we end up realising that you also have to factor in the nature of the performance (and recent performances) as well because that affects how people feel about the result. For example if we played well, went for it, but Brizzle managed to stifle us that's very different to what actually happened - IE - they played like strugglers despite their position and most think we should have at least looked to try and gain three points at home, rather than playing for a clean sheet.
14:16, Sat 30 Dec
Jameron Cerome
If we were say... 6th in the league and we drew 0-0 against 8th in the league.
Who would see that as a positive?

before the game maybe, but having watched it they were no great shakes and would have come away thinking we had thrown two points away.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:43, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
So are you saying if Rosenior was the reason Derby did well that Cole, O’Shea, Shuttlebus and Robinson are to blame here?

Not necessarily. I think it’s likely that Rooney is taking a greater role in tactics than he did under Rosenior. That said, I reckon a token sacking of a defensive coach is possible - it would be less embarrassing for the board than sacking Rooney, could give Rooney a face saving opportunity to change tactics, and may actually improve our defence. All conjecture mind. I’m just a bloke trying to understand why clearly intelligent businessman could be so easily blinded by WR’s illustrious playing career that they figured he’d also be a good manager, despite there being no evidence to support that assertion.

It’s great that Rooneys profile is drawing attention to the club, but it’s in the form of ‘hey look everybody at how terrible we are’. I’m sure this wasn’t their intention.
16:00, Sat 30 Dec
bluer than blues
Falstaff
They’re businesspeople, and most in business are governed by finances, not emotions. I’m certain that the cost of relegation versus the cost of replacing the coaching staff will have already been considered. If it hasn’t yet, it will be.

Being completely honest, we could replace WR and his cohort, and still end up in a relegation battle. All of this will be considered.

But you can't truly cost relegation. You know exactly what sacking WR would cost, but who knows what relegation might cost given there are no guarantees of getting back up.

As a side point, I think they made a big mistake given Rooney such a long and lucrative contract. He's a young manager with a poor CV. He should have been offered a deal that forces him to prove himself.

I've raised this point a few times, I'd think there has to be a get out clause in our favour. The owners aren't stupid. Really can't see us paying up 3.5 yr contracts in full.