08:38, Sat 30 Dec
It was a monumental eff up sacking Eustace and replacing him with Rooney no matter how people try to dress it up.

Eustace was never going to last too long with the new owners but the way this is panning out isn't going to end well.

Once the fans start turning at games signals the beginning of the end.

Great owners,but this needs rectifying before it's too late
08:42, Sat 30 Dec
Eustace was a marked man the day they came to the club. I don't believe for a second they would have gone through a 10 year plan and Eustace would have put his hand up and said he can't help them.

Either they gave him some short term unrealistic expectation or they just wanted him out for a big name.
08:47, Sat 30 Dec
I’ll also add that if that is their demand Rooney should also go after recent performances
Tony Fantastico
08:54, Sat 30 Dec
To be suceesful and get out of this division, you need really good players and and a good coach. We haven't got many good players if we're honest, so Eustace was performing beyond expectations. I don't think he'd have kept us in the top 6, but we'd have probably finished top half. In Rooney, we've got a really bad coach, and he's taking us in completely the wrong direction. It's a disaster of an appointment, the owners need to put on their big boy pants, admit they got it wrong and start again. Cook said at the time they sacked JE that they wouldn't have invested if the team was in League One. Well, that's where we're headed under Rooney, so time to act.
09:00, Sat 30 Dec
It was a monumental eff up sacking Eustace and replacing him with Rooney no matter how people try to dress it up.

Eustace was never going to last too long with the new owners but the way this is panning out isn't going to end well.

Once the fans start turning at games signals the beginning of the end.

Great owners,but this needs rectifying before it's too late

Doubly so as the club already has history for doing very similar not so long ago

If Cook is a indeed a Blues fan, he would have recalled the Rowett/Zola debacle, and resisted sacking Eustace until the time was absolutely right
09:04, Sat 30 Dec
WreckTangle
Eustace was a marked man the day they came to the club. I don't believe for a second they would have gone through a 10 year plan and Eustace would have put his hand up and said he can't help them.

Either they gave him some short term unrealistic expectation or they just wanted him out for a big name.

What I can see happened is this and for the record pure conjecture but have witnessed this personally before.

Cook has sold Wagner a vision etc,and it can be delivered in a certain time frame. There has then been a meeting where Eustace has undermined that plan of Cooks in front of Wagner. Instead of Cook admitting that the plan is wrong, he has removed the person saying it is wrong. Then bought in a yes man who says the plan is wonderful, only that yes man can't deliver that plan. The test now is how and when Cook admits the plan is wrong or spaffs some money to try and make it work.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:09, Sat 30 Dec
I think you're right in that Mr Cook will carry on backing the manager.....

Until we're in the bottom 3 and then Wagner will have to step in and get involved.

Hopefully it gets resolved much quicker but I've got my doubts
09:11, Sat 30 Dec
I heard he wanted to study to become a lawyer, let’s hope he chooses this route and has the dignity to walk out of our club.
The ‘football’ last night was turgid, the atmosphere was awful due the performance and as a season ticket holder, Im now really struggling to make the effort to go down to watch that crap, fair play to those ‘proper’ Blues who can endure that whilst Rooney is in charge.
I was more than happy to give him a chance, but my patience finally ran out last night, KRO
09:18, Sat 30 Dec
roger hynd
I think you're right in that Mr Cook will carry on backing the manager.....

Until we're in the bottom 3 and then Wagner will have to step in and get involved.

Hopefully it gets resolved much quicker but I've got my doubts
This is how I see it. Cook has a big ego and sacking WR is admitting he made a mistake (which most people with a big ego are not prepared to do) If after some recruitment in January we slip into the bottom 3 Wagner will act.
09:21, Sat 30 Dec
Agreed about getting the enthusiasm to go down the last few games due to the awful football it really was a struggle to go down last night after Rotherham and Boxing Day performances and the crowds will only get lower the longer this carry’s on and if we lose to Leeds and hill then I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like if rooneys still in charge for the next home game
09:23, Sat 30 Dec
The silver lining is 'Every decision will be based around revenue' or whatever the actual quote was. If gates drop, sponsors start saying we won't commit to a deal while there is a risk you will go down then Cook will have to act.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:25, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
bluer than blues
Pearcy
I'm sure some Blues fans (not you Rags) think we'd have been automatically promoted by now if we'd have kept JE

Strange change and timing was shit - still not sure if he's the right man for the job

Forget the what ifs, buts and maybes. Look at the cold hard facts: We were 5th when JE was sacked. That is indisputable and any notions of how he would have fared beyond his sacking are irrelevant as that is just conjecture.
I’m surprised at you.
Isn’t the fact we were 6th when he was sacked. And he was sacked because of ‘misalignment with leadership’ [www.itv.com]
Manufactured by the club or Eustace. Who knows?
But the revisionism is ridiculous. It really is. The owners have a 10 year plan. Eustace seemingly wouldn’t buy into it. The end was always nigh for him if that’s true. But give it 5 years and people will claim he had us 7th in the Prem playing like prime Barca at times the way we’re going.

I'm not trying to overstate his performance but merely presenting the facts as a rebuttal to those (not you) that seemingly choose to ignore them in favour of theories and notions.

It would be as ridiculous to say he had us dominating the league with promotion a certainty as it is for those who claim we would be just as shit now were JE still in charge.

There's revisionism on both sides, Rab and I'm not interested in anything other than fact based evidence. Perhaps if a little more of that had been used when appointing a manager more aligned with the owners' vision, we would have ended up with a manager able to implement it?
09:30, Sat 30 Dec
My main point was the fact we weren’t 5th. We were 6th. Little things like that annoy me 😁
It’s like the 3 points off 3rd argument with Rowett used by people (not you either mate) who then decry anyone pointing out we were 3 points off 15th under Eustace.
As a fanbase we need to look forward a little more
Tony Fantastico
09:36, Sat 30 Dec
I think the decision will be purely financial. It’s a matter of the cost of getting rid of the management team and appointing a new managerial set up, with compensation potentially costing millions, versus the cost of getting in some new players in January and backing Rooney’s judgement.

The owners may factor in how much relegation would cost the club, but they may see League 1 as being a place where Rooney can implement his ethos and bounce back up and progress, a bit like Ipswich. Personally, I think relegation would be a disaster, but it is certainly a possibility at this moment in time.
09:36, Sat 30 Dec
quark
coventrybluenose
Yes indeed. The time has come and he must now leave. He simply isn’t managerial material and needs to do something else.

Golf?

Hot dog 🌭 eating contests?