00:22, Sat 30 Dec
Was gutted when Eustace left, but still in the camp (I think the last few of us can all fit in a tent) that we should stick with Rooney. We need to hit that Jan transfer window hard and he then needs to start producing some goods quick. Still too early for me.
He was sacked however you want to dress it up.
The rest of it is BS, you and i both know, that if a decent job comes up, whether it be us or Palace or someone else, theres nothing to stop him taking it and there is nothing that Forest can do to stop him taking it.
You really think that managers would choose to sit on a bit of 'gardening leave' rather than take a brand new contract? LOL
00:25, Sat 30 Dec
So just agent talk then?
00:32, Sat 30 Dec
00:36, Sat 30 Dec
If (when) he goes I can't see Rooney getting another job in English football. Derby was his initiation, DC a mere sideshow, we're his 'make or break'. Sadly it looks like it's 'break'. The best he (and we) can hope for is a very quick appointment in the Saudi Pro League, follow Gerrard to the Middle East, a club pay off his contract and he tries to earn something from a managerial career elsewhere. I just can't see anyone in England wanting to take him on, nor Cole or O'Shea, they've really not done anything to show they have what it takes coaching-wise at this level of club football.
00:42, Sat 30 Dec
WreckTangle
Was gutted when Eustace left, but still in the camp (I think the last few of us can all fit in a tent) that we should stick with Rooney. We need to hit that Jan transfer window hard and he then needs to start producing some goods quick. Still too early for me.

I thought Cook and already said there won't be anything in the transfer window? And that we need to rely on coaching the players to be better?
02:39, Sat 30 Dec
I’d snatch yer hand off for Pep Clotet over this joker.
04:26, Sat 30 Dec
Rags
You can't sack him after tonight - that would be as stupid as sacking a manager after winning two consecutive games scoring 6 goals ...... oh.

Did they start talking to him and then offer him the job after the Albion win ?

If so, that was very silly indeed and feck all to do with the whole load of shite we had watched throughout September
04:34, Sat 30 Dec
I'm sure some Blues fans (not you Rags) think we'd have been automatically promoted by now if we'd have kept JE

Strange change and timing was shit - still not sure if he's the right man for the job
04:49, Sat 30 Dec
Pearcy
I'm sure some Blues fans (not you Rags) think we'd have been automatically promoted by now if we'd have kept JE

Strange change and timing was shit - still not sure if he's the right man for the job

No, but I think we would still be in the playoffs. We are only 11 points away now after having the worst form in the division under Wayne.
06:07, Sat 30 Dec
Yes indeed. The time has come and he must now leave. He simply isn’t managerial material and needs to do something else.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
06:40, Sat 30 Dec
Pearcy

Forget the what ifs, buts and maybes. Look at the cold hard facts: We were 5th when JE was sacked. That is indisputable and any notions of how he would have fared beyond his sacking are irrelevant as that is just conjecture.

We are now 20th, 7 points off the drop, with an average of less than 1 point per four games. We've conceded 27 goals in 14 games and won twice.
07:53, Sat 30 Dec
coventrybluenose
Yes indeed. The time has come and he must now leave. He simply isn’t managerial material and needs to do something else.

Golf?
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
PJ1
07:56, Sat 30 Dec
When Eustace was relieved of his duties, Garry Cook talked about his "misalignment " with Knightheads ambitions- well, I wonder how Rooney's ambitions for last night sit with the board??
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs"
08:22, Sat 30 Dec
bluer than blues
Pearcy

Forget the what ifs, buts and maybes. Look at the cold hard facts: We were 5th when JE was sacked. That is indisputable and any notions of how he would have fared beyond his sacking are irrelevant as that is just conjecture.
I’m surprised at you.
Isn’t the fact we were 6th when he was sacked. And he was sacked because of ‘misalignment with leadership’ [www.itv.com]
Manufactured by the club or Eustace. Who knows?
But the revisionism is ridiculous. It really is. The owners have a 10 year plan. Eustace seemingly wouldn’t buy into it. The end was always nigh for him if that’s true. But give it 5 years and people will claim he had us 7th in the Prem playing like prime Barca at times the way we’re going.
Tony Fantastico