15:38, Mon 1 Jan
All hypothetical but the idea of us selling the crown jewels to give Rooney a chance to spend makes me shiver.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
16:08, Mon 1 Jan
Nikola Zigic
All hypothetical but the idea of us selling the crown jewels to give Rooney a chance to spend makes me shiver.

Enough to make me sack it off for the rest of the season
08:49, Tue 2 Jan
Russell Leond
BcFc
Suggesting we will be selling players in Jan window to fund incomings. Cant see that we have too many assets to sell, James, Dembele, Bielik?

If we all switch off "Football Manager" mode a while, we'll all agree the following, I reckon:
Some of us were happy with Eustace as we were - by and large - overachieving which makes us all feel great as perennial underdogs
Some of us were unhappy with Eustace because of a dreadful run but this was assuaged by an upturn in results. Some would have remained unhappy, some would have joined the happier camp.
Regardless, he's gone. Even if Wagner and Cook publicly announce they made a mistake with Rooney, he's not coming back so Eustace is as huge a red herring as bringing back Merrick
Rooney is on a contract. We should presume - as an honourable club - that we're going to honour that contract. As frustrating and disappointing as the results have undoubtedly been, we should be calling for Rooney to turn things around before we call for sacking, especially this early on. Particularly because of the financial ramifications.
When Knighthead came in, we all "knew" they'd want their own man and we all "knew" it would be Wayne Rooney. So we're probably just as irritated that we were pulled into that as we are by the manner of recent performances.
Nothing has changed, regarding the "demand" from the Board for better football. We all knew from day one it would be difficult for our squad to adapt. We saw we were fortunate with the points buffer we had "to burn" before the window.
It appears that buffer is burnt. We now need to get the players in who can carry out the Board's intentions. If they can't do it in the window, the demands on the pitch need to be tempered. Between Gardener and Rooney, you would hope - by now - that could be carried out. Especially if we can get injured players back.
Selling players has never been a surprise to us as a fanbase. In fact, it shouldn't be to any club.
I'm no better or worse a fan than anybody else. I could pitch right behind Rooney and he could be gone tomorrow. I could chant anti Wayne songs every day outside the Kop reception and he could be here for the next ten years.
But football is about opinions. I believe we need improvement, clearly. The difficulty - for me - is the PR. If we weren't sold "no fear" the draw against Bristol would have felt a lot better. If we weren't burnt by PR the 'played for a clean sheet' might have felt more sincere. Was it sincere? I don't know. Easy to say when you've scraped one. We could have won with a bit more luck from Sunjic's shot though.
I think we just need to leave the Board to take the stress, to make the decision on Rooney. I don't do the booing at the match or leave early but I do agree paying fans have the right to do so. Telling Boards to sack managers is a bit counter productive in my mind. When we're relegated, we'll wish we had. Or hadn't. When we're safe we will wish we had. Or hadn't. Etc.
Just hope we can improve on the pitch and we can feel happier in the stands.
Happy New Year all.
Keep Right On.
The players were here and are capable of playing better football than what we’re witnessing. Rooney was brought in to oversee the new style and has failed. There’s nothing at all to suggest that new players in will be the solution. Unfortunately after his second game he backtracked and changed plans to go more direct. Since then there’s no belief in any style of play. It’s a lottery on how we perform game to game now. And I take no pleasure at all in saying that.
But Rooney and the coaches are the issue here and need replacing before the players imo
Tony Fantastico
08:55, Tue 2 Jan
Jameron Cerome
Newbs
If true would we have needed to do this if Rooney hadn't taken us to 20th in the league?

Do you believe John Eustace would have had us much higher in the league?
If so, I'd love to know where you think we would be 😂
It would have been a lot higher than 20th.
09:00, Tue 2 Jan
Spot on Rab. I said on here after 5 or so games that Rooney was a Lee Clark in the making. I want our club to succeed and whilst I disliked Rooney before he landed here, I hoped to see him do well as our manager.

The Board went a step too far in appointing a rookie manager and his two assistants on the back of being names for their playing career and/or well followed on social media. There is no style of play, signs of progress and certainly not the exciting no fear football we were promised.

A poor workman blames his tools. Rooney is flailing around already blaming players, the need for new signings and so on. The reality is he and his colleagues have made a reasonable and competitive Championship squad much worse. And no I do not want Eustace, Rowett or any past Blues managers back. I do want better than we have now though.

I am hopeful our board are sufficiently ruthless to realise change is needed quickly. Being relegated was not part of their master plan and is certainly not good for business!

Rab C Nesbitt
The players were here and are capable of playing better football than what we’re witnessing. Rooney was brought in to oversee the new style and has failed. There’s nothing at all to suggest that new players in will be the solution. Unfortunately after his second game he backtracked and changed plans to go more direct. Since then there’s no belief in any style of play. It’s a lottery on how we perform game to game now. And I take no pleasure at all in saying that.
But Rooney and the coaches are the issue here and need replacing before the players imo