09:07, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
So we now want to sell the only player Rooney has actually improved. This season just gets worse and worse if this is true.

You're replying to a bloke on the internet just saying something based on nothing. Why are you so angry?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:09, Mon 1 Jan
Jameron Cerome
Newbs
If true would we have needed to do this if Rooney hadn't taken us to 20th in the league?

Do you believe John Eustace would have had us much higher in the league?
If so, I'd love to know where you think we would be 😂

10th to 12th
09:09, Mon 1 Jan
Newbs
Dirty Bertie
David Xavis
Newbs
If true would we have needed to do this if Rooney hadn't taken us to 20th in the league?

Nope

Why not?

Our current league position has little effect upon the present financial situation.

That was my question really. Do we need to sell players because we are in a financial mess or do we need to sell players to generate funds for signing more players to stop us being relegated?

We tried to spend cash on the last day of the window so there is money there. That said if we get a good offer for someone then we would need to sell, that's how the game works with FFP.
09:18, Mon 1 Jan
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

20th, at a push 17th, we really are not that good you know, we are where we are because of that, yes we were in 6th before JE was sacked, do people actually believe we would have still been up there?
09:20, Mon 1 Jan
I think given the injuries and lost in form of the players under Rooney, there’s a nagging feeling for me that Eustace, would be facing a similar situation.

No one can convince me whoever was managing that we wouldn’t have struggled without Long, Laird, Buchanan, Roberts, Drameh and Sanderson.

Likewise with Stansfield, Dembele and Miyoshi, no one can hands on heart guarantee they would still be consistently good throughout the season even if Eustace, had stayed.

Personally I think we’d be about 15th - 17th
09:22, Mon 1 Jan
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

20th, at a push 17th, we really are not that good you know, we are where we are because of that, yes we were in 6th before JE was sacked, do people actually believe we would have still been up there?

Ha ha ha ... ha ha ha ... YOU said 12th back in September before we even knew Eustace would be replaced and that was before the Huddersfield and WBA wins - VERY selective memory there Gerry to try and big up Rooney now

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
09:23, Mon 1 Jan
No Chang or Hall either, limiting the options for back up.
09:26, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

Ha ha ha ... ha ha ha ... YOU said 12th back in September before we even knew Eustace would be replaced and that was before the Huddersfield and WBA wins - VERY selective memory there Gerry to try and big up Rooney now

12th to 15th Rags I said finishing position, this one is asking where we would be now if JE was still here, we could still finish 12th - 15th
09:28, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

12th to 15th Rags I said finishing position, this one is asking where we would be now if JE was still here, we could still finish 12th - 15th

A couple of minutes ago you said we would finish 20th if JE was still here !!!!
09:31, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Rags
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

The question was If JE was still here where do you think we would be now, I said 20th mate, I never said we would finish 20th.
09:35, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Rags
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

The question was If JE was still here where do you think we would be now, I said 20th mate, I never said we would finish 20th.
#

Oh... go on then .... Happy New Year Gerry
09:37, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Rags
Rags
Jameron Cerome
Newbs

#

Oh... go on then .... Happy New Year Gerry
You too Rags
09:43, Mon 1 Jan
BLUENOSE B
Only James will brinf any money. Hall if wasnt made of glass.

We couldn't sell James for much, he's only had a few good games.
As for hall you must be joking? Nobody can even remember if he's any good.
10:01, Mon 1 Jan
I’m not angry over it, as I’m well aware it’s likely tosh as this Twitter guy is unreliable. Either way, I don’t want to see us offload James who has definitely improved, and if we’re keeping Rooney, why sell the only player that he’s improved?
10:05, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
I’m not angry over it, as I’m well aware it’s likely tosh as this Twitter guy is unreliable. Either way, I don’t want to see us offload James who has definitely improved, and if we’re keeping Rooney, why sell the only player that he’s improved?

Like I said the bloke who you responded to is not basing it on any facts, he just said a name. That said we will need to sell players, including our best ones at times.